Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I usually never care for their original programming but Sweet Vicious on MTV is a pretty good show.

Its about this vigilante that beats the **** out of rapists on a college campus who gets found out by a hacker. They partner up and continue to beat the **** out of rapists as they try to find a balance in their everyday lives.

I can imagine QT could take that premise really far :lol:

The action is pretty good though and believable. There's some good humor in it as well to offset dealing with such a serious issue. Main characters are interesting. 3 eps in so far. I'd gives it a 5.7/8 right now.

I liked Fantastic Beasts a lot. I might've enjoyed it more than Dr. Strange.

JK Rowling just needs to tighten up her script. The pacing could've been better but it was a good introduction overall to the world before Harry Potter.

9/10.

Last edited:

Saw something about this on Twitter. It is because I love Wedding Crashers and think its probably one of the top 5 comedies of all time that I feel strongly this should NOT happen. It can only disappoint. Look at the precedent: Anchorman 2, Dumb and Dumber To, Zoolander 2 -- all failures of varying degrees. Just really hard to recapture the magic of these kind of things a decade or more later. Some things just need to be left alone.

Still think the Coen Brothers are the standing greatest american filmmakers of all time. Not engaged enough in foreign cinema to say theyre the GOAT definitively.

The new Kong looks pretty good to me. I'm glad they're going the opposite direction of Godzilla and making Kong a huge presence throughout the movie, rather than hiding him like Godzilla. I liked the approach in theory for Godzilla, but once they cut away from the first monster clash and showed it on the TV in the background, that was going too far.

The cast looks solid, the scale and size of Kong looks great, I'm intrigued.

Surely Silence is being pushed back right? No way they are still releasing around Christmas without a trailer yet...

Saw something about this on Twitter. It is because I love Wedding Crashers and think its probably one of the top 5 comedies of all time that I feel strongly this should NOT happen. It can only disappoint. Look at the precedent: Anchorman 2, Dumb and Dumber To, Zoolander 2 -- all failures of varying degrees. Just really hard to recapture the magic of these kind of things a decade or more later. Some things just need to be left alone.

this x2

Chastain is the queen
Correct.

bryce >

Last edited:
Surely Silence is being pushed back right? No way they are still releasing around Christmas without a trailer yet...

They are doing screenings for critics this month so it will for sure still get at least a limited release in December. They're not gonna miss this year's Oscar window.

Trailer supposedly coming out next week.

Is this the same as "scrotal recall" i searched lovesick on kodi heard about it from a friend but scrotal recall is all that comes up. Anyways started watching pretty funny so far.

She broke her finger in his booty tho...

Still think the Coen Brothers are the standing greatest american filmmakers of all time. Not engaged enough in foreign cinema to say theyre the GOAT definitively.

Exactly my sentiment. O Brother is a masterpiece. My 2nd fav movie of all time.

I finally saw Green Room last night. I was ready to throw in the towel when the messed up stuff started to go down. I'm super squeamish apparently and almost waived the white flag. All in all I'm glad I stuck it out. Great visuals. It could have been A played out horror cliche with the "white people get stuck in a situation and make dumb decisions and get killed one by one" but it had a fresh take on it that kept me on edge the whole time.
6.8/8

I'm pre-funking with a huge group of bros today, then going to see Dr Strange after. Will check back in after the drop

Fincher scorsese and tarantino are higher to me on american direectors.. but love the coen bros

And obviously kubrick

Last edited:
Anyone seen Nocturnal Animals yet? I'm VERY intrigued; Ford made one of my favorite films ever in A Serious Man, and I'm hoping his take on a more tense story will deliver as well. Cast looks amazing and the critics seem to generally like it. Plus Amy Adams and Isla Fisher are in my red head starting 5 no questions asked.

Anyone seen Nocturnal Animals yet? I'm VERY intrigued; Ford made one of my favorite films ever in A Serious Man, and I'm hoping his take on a more tense story will deliver as well. Cast looks amazing and the critics seem to generally like it. Plus Amy Adams and Isla Fisher are in my red head starting 5 no questions asked.

Trailer looks NUTS!

Back
Top Bottom