Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

do yall watch the trailers of these movies first or do yall just go in blindly off the icons on netflix?

because there is no way in hell i would watch unfriended after i watch that terrible trailer lmao

Oh okay but I'm just talking about the whole pro USA rah rah, these brown ppl are the enemies kind of propaganda.

Even if ZDT was fiction I wouldn't see it as the aforementioned.

Now if the US is selling us a lie on how things actually went down is an entirely different matter. On that front the CIA is known to sell a ascertain narrative and theme about America via Hollywood movies but to me ZDT isn't a while lot of positivity or USA is right Islam/Middle westerners/etc. are wrong and the enemy.

yeah i feel u. it def didn't demonize arabs. but merking bin laden 4 months before the anniversary of 9/11 was viewed as a huge success for the US. if that was fabricated and the CIA and hollywood colluded to bolster that account so it becomes canon ... that may not be be the case because we prob will never know but if it was that is extremely troubling.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/11/the...ghts_alarming_details_about_zero_dark_thirty/

this dude is more eloquent than i am :lol:

do yall watch the trailers of these movies first or do yall just go in blindly off the icons on netflix?

because there is no way in hell i would watch unfriended after i watch that terrible trailer lmao
I think it was on HBO.. and like vaguely vaguely VAGUELY remembered something about a internet messaging horror movie.. watched for a bit..

and then it was a like a train wreck that I just kept on while I was doing other shhhh.. like just out of curiosity of how bad it would be and see how they would finally kill everyone

Unfriended was on HBO.
I started watching it with my Nephew (he's 15) weeks ago and feel asleep. Saw it on last night and had to knock it off just for a convo piece with the little Homie but.....it wasn't terrible. I'd be hard pressed to say it was bad, ****, TBH the Flick was kinda ill to me. *Shrugs

Last edited:
[quote name="japejapejape"]do yall watch the trailers of these movies first or do yall just go in blindly off the icons on netflix?

because there is no way in hell i would watch unfriended after i watch that terrible trailer lmao[/quote]I insist I'm watching the trailer. Even if it's a movie that someone told me about that sounds super exciting and maybe me and this person kind of have similar interests in movies, I'll still look up the trailer to see if it's worth putting 2 hours of my time into. The trailer is the first conversation between me and the people responsible for the movie.

I almost never, ever watch a movie without watching the trailer. Part of my process, for sure.

I wish I could go in blind a bit more like I use to but I enjoy trailers even if it's just the first one so I can get some idea.

These days I aint about wasting to.a a d no at by travelling. So for example, there was a time I would be just went to see Triple 9 but cuz I do what I usually do now I knew I could wait to see it on tv.

Only movies I'd consider going in blind are by my fav directors or my fav actors and even then I may and up seeing The Counselor.

I went into Arrival blind, but did read what people were saying in here. I think I did that for Hot Rod and Superbad too and those ended up being movies that I've laughed the hardest in a theater in, in my life.

^ I can't stand those movies, and intentionally stay away from them, because nationalist propaganda is exactly what they are. There are obviously exceptions to this, but in my observation, the people who love those movies are Obama-hating, gun-toting, Muslim-fearing, stars-and-bars waving, right wing, conservative, Republican Christians with "Hoo-rah!" mating calls, 'Back the Blue' bumper stickers, and entire wardrobes full of camo and orange or camo and pink. And obviously we have tons of those people in our country, because Trump just won, and it was actually a landslide if you look at the districts (he won something like 3k out of the possible 3,200 districts, something like that).

F-word those people, f-word those movies.
I never judge anything before I've seen it. And I will watch pretty much anything because I love film. I get what you meant to say but I couldn't disagree more.

[quote name="Master Zik"]Only movies I'd consider going in blind are by my fav directors or my fav actors[/quote]Good point. Until further notice, I really don't need to see a trailer for a Quenton Tarantino movie.

As far as actors go, I'd say I probably feel the same about Jake Gyllenhaal.

And I know he's a polarizing figure both in here and movie discussions in general, but I'd say I probably don't need to see a trailer for a DiCaprio movie, either. I'm in.

I think Wes Anderson is the only person right now who I will automatically see anything he's involved in. Directors or actors. Everyone else I consider each project on it's on own individual merits for me.

I think Wes Anderson is the only person right now who I will automatically see anything he's involved in. Directors or actors. Everyone else I consider each project on it's on own individual merits for me.

Wow spot on for me as well. I usually purposefully avoid seeing the trailer for his projects, I just know it's insta watch.

This list used to be great......

Wes Anderson

Paul Thomas Anderson

Christopher Nolan

Tim Burton

Ridley Scott

spike lee

David Fincher

Spielberg

I'll check out every Micheal B. Jordan or Ryan Coogler movie from here on out (assuming there is no Fantastic 4 sequel :x )

Can't wait for Black Panther :smokin

Martin Scorsese?

Not for me. There's some Marty flicks that were just ok for me. There's not a single Wes Anderson movie I haven't liked a lot.

Edit - and a correction - I'll see any movie DDL is in just because he's in it.

Last edited:
Wow spot on for me as well. I usually purposefully avoid seeing the trailer for his projects, I just know it's insta watch.

Wes Anderson

Paul Thomas Anderson

Christopher Nolan

Tim Burton

Ridley Scott

spike lee

David Fincher

Spielberg

Yikes at crossing out PTA

Martin Scorsese?
Nope, he's still watch without needing any research.

Tarantino?

Absolutely insta watch

Wes Anderson

Paul Thomas Anderson

Christopher Nolan

Tim Burton

Ridley Scott

spike lee

David Fincher

Spielberg

Yikes at crossing out PTA

yeah I take this one back. PTA plus any big name actor will still take my money without research

I was just about to ask why PTA was crossed out.

Son never fails with epic satisfying film experiences.

If anything Nolan is shaky for me on that list. He needs to buy my goodwill back with Dunkirk (which I sorta expect will be great, just hope it's not gonna have too many disappointing parts).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom