Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anybody looking forward to Allied? Cotillard and Pitt would normally have me insta sold but I haven't enjoyed a Pitt movie since Inglorious Basterds (kinda liked tree of life but Pitt had no effect on it for me)

I haven't been hearing a whole lotta buzz from this film outside of E Hollywood tryna promote his celebrity status and Angelina break up.

I want to see it but in a market like NYC it's only being showed in limited theaters and I'm not trying to head into midtown Manhattan during the holiday season.

Anybody looking forward to Allied? Cotillard and Pitt would normally have me insta sold but I haven't enjoyed a Pitt movie since Inglorious Basterds (kinda liked tree of life but Pitt had no effect on it for me)
I'm gonna check it. Checks off enough boxes.

You didn't like Fury?

didnt care for this much when i first heard about the project but after the trailers came out....yeah im in. Cinematography is off the chain and Natalie coming back for her crown

Last edited:
I'm gonna check it. Checks off enough boxes.

You didn't like Fury?

I did not. I think I remember saying I thought it reminded me of watching that movie from inglorious Basterds ( the one about the German sniper that gets trapped in the tower and kills like 300 dudes in 3 days.
Pride of a Nation or something like that.) and it just came off as unbelievable and war propaganda if that makes sense. Pitts performance in that was decent but I didn't like his character and I thought the script was bad. In a sense, the feeling I got from Fury was kinda like some people's reaction to sausage party. I'm sure it was good to people who like that sorta thing, but it just wasn't for me. I only saw it once tho so maybe it would change on second viewing.

Watching Shooter on USA with Ryan Phillippe.

Then ep2 of Good Behavior with that broad from Downton Abbey.

It's lit! :smokin

:wow: john goodman lost mad weight good for him. this looks garbage ill prob d/l though will watch anything with monaghan's fine ***

Marky Mark sure does do some really generic movies. :rolleyes

He's definitely got a great agent though. Whoever that person is, they've definitely got MM punching way above his weight.

Last edited:
Not a big marky Mark fan..

Even his claim to fame movie, the boxing movie, I think the movie would have been better with another actor in that part.. but it was more about the other roles really.. the fighter

Even boogie nights, every one else had the personality while he was the vanilla dude

Last edited:
I got mad respect for marky mark. He used to play a GREAT crazy person. Now that he's making his own movies, he's choosing to focus on tragedies where people need their stories told. Deepwater horizon, most people know there was some big oil accident, but nobody really knew how many people died. Nobody knew their stories. Looks to be the same with this patriots day movie. I can appreciate that more than say, Tom Cruise who has been churning out great action movies but nothing with any sort of real meaning for a while now. It's like their careers are inverse of each other :lol:

**** Marky Mark. He's a racist piece of **** and he's a pretty lousy actor.

To me, the departed felt like his best acting job
All 7 minutes of it.

I always wonder do we need a movie about every tragedy?
When terrorism and attacking American staples are involved there's a Hollywood producer out there that will tell you yes.

On the flip, there probably won't be a feature film for the club shooting in Orlando, San Bernardino shooting, all the black ppl murdered by police, etc. At best a documentary or bootleg made for tv movie/straight to DVD or vod kind of thing.

Last edited:
I always wonder do we need a movie about every tragedy?
When terrorism and attacking American staples are involved there's a Hollywood producer out there that will tell you yes.

On the flip, there probably won't be a feature film for the club shooting in Orlando, San Bernardino shooting, all the black ppl murdered by police, etc. At best a documentary or bootleg made for tv movie/straight to DVD or vod kind of thing.

And we all know why.

[quote name="Master Zik"]**** Marky Mark. He's a racist piece of ****[/quote]Aware me.

^ That vid made me watch the 10 Awesome plot twists that saved horrible movies.

:rofl: @ Orphan.

I miss the Craig Ferguson interviews with actresses on late night. :frown:
Me too.

Seeing him on other shows just aint the same.

Last edited:
Really liked their approach.

Bob Lee Swagger :pimp:

The set up was thorough though. Casing places and everything was cool. Back story was good enough. Down *** wife Shantel :evil: The kid wasn't annoying but cute. Just a start they couldn't go hard on that pilot. So the little action was cool and that story about 48hrs of hunting the Taliban no sleep or food is wild.

My whole thing is how did dude know he'd run all the way back to the spot so he could ambush him? Too convienent. What if he was running late cuz he was smashing his wife or daughter got sick?

[QUOTE name="Master Zik"]
Originally Posted by Master Zik 

**** Marky Mark. He's a racist piece of ****
Aware me.
http://defamer.gawker.com/here-are-other-crimes-mark-wahlberg-needs-pardoned-1668011058
[/quote]
There's also the story of his racist dumbass assuming Andre Royo was an actual drug addict like the character, Bubbles "Bubs", he plays on The Wire and he told him this dumb **** about staying off drugs and how he had a great opportunity.

On one hand you can be like yeah that's a testament to his acting a d the shop's writing but ignorant does Mark have to be to assume HBO hired a real drug addicts to be a drug addict on a show? Or did his dumbass think The Wire was a reality show? :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom