Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I saw The Lobster this weekend

Talk about a weird one... But really makes u think and had some really funny parts

Bleed for this looks :pimp:

'Ima gonna rain on you like a thunder storm' :lol: :pimp:

That zombie flick looks good as well, the Brits usually hit on zombie flicks way better then us.

Based on a true story???? Of who?
Vinny Paz
:rofl:

I saw The Lobster this weekend

Talk about a weird one... But really makes u think and had some really funny parts

tumblr_nzifeqU1iX1s9f8i8o2_400.gif

tumblr_o2shxrjcbd1s6z0cxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Zik, i saw a few pages back that you haven't seen Band of Brothers.

You HAVE to see it, man. Best miniseries ever.

After that, check out The Pacific. Not as great as BoB but damn good, though.

I remember when it was on HBO. I never gave it a focused watch. 1st impression was boring British war drama.

I say British only cuz I saw Lewis, Fass, and Hardy were in it :lol:

I'll give it a go since I have been looking for a new series to catch up on HBO. Got bored rewatching GoT in to the 2nd season (So many storylines I don't want to rewatch) and Deadwood didn't grab me.

^It's mostly the US Army, it's set in Europe. Based on true stories.

The Pacific is also based on true stories of US Marines out in Japan.

Each has 10 episodes at about an hour long each.

Last edited:
Yeah I just looked it up and see it's about Americans.

I just specifically remember HBO marathoning that and Parade which had me thinking when did HBO become the BBC? :lol: I guess they aired that so much at the time to lead up to The Pacific.

I'm always down for a well told WW2 drama so I'll check both.

Speaking of HBO war dramas, what yall think of Generation Kill. Was rewatching Hurt Locker on TV yesterday and want to go for something similar.

Btw, can confirm Band Of Brothers is goat. That show really stuck with me, I still remember all the characters and episodes. I should make it a yearly rewatch honestly.

Was Sully a drunk and drug abuser that flew a plane upside down too?

I thought he just landed it on some water.

Definitely didn't pull the same upside down stunt but in the Sully trailer he's seen drinking and people questioning his habits. But that likely happened after the landing to desensitize the media frenzy?

Basam needs to drop his bawg wife and get with Daliyah already.

Last edited:
Btw, Penny Dreadful made its way to Netflix Instant Watch...

Gonna have to check that out

Weekend Recap:

Saturday - The Shallows 5/8

Sunday - The BFG 5.5/8

Monday - Swiss Army Man 6.5/8

Can you elaborate on BFG and Swiss army man? I've been wanting to watch both.

Master Zik Master Zik I tried watching penny dreadful but couldn't make it through the 1st season :frown: I think it just started off way too fast for me. It was too BOOM in your face from the get go, and for some reason I didn't like that about the show haha I'm weird.

Also, go watch band of brothers right now mayne :lol:

Watched Good Dinosaur tonight and quite enjoyed it. I agree with the people who felt that the dinosaurs looked too cartoonish, but other than that it was gorgeous. And the story was definitely simple, but still compelling. Loved Sam Elliot's voice work as the old T-Rex.

More proof that even average Pixar is better than most stuff that comes out.

6.8/8

Can you elaborate on BFG and Swiss army man? I've been wanting to watch both.

@Master Zik I tried watching penny dreadful but couldn't make it through the 1st season
frown.gif
I think it just started off way too fast for me. It was too BOOM in your face from the get go, and for some reason I didn't like that about the show haha I'm weird.

Also, go watch band of brothers right now mayne
laugh.gif
I never read The BFG book or story or whatever but visually the movie was cool. Had some corny jokes for kids but overall a likable cast and pace.

Swiss Army Man is a sleeper for my top 10 of the year. The songs were a little off but Paul Dano and Harry Potter are great, its creative, its smart, and really funny.

Should we do a mid year top 10 for 2016? Sure why not, here's my updated list...

The Witch

Green Room

Swiss Army Man

Sing Street

Deadpool

Everybody Wants Some

Midnight Special

Hardcore Henry

The Lobster

The Nice Guys

Last edited:
Back