Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What are some of the best movies of 2016 so far?

2016 hasn't been a great year for film, so far.

Having said that, here's my short list:

The Lobster
Deadpool
Everybody Wants Some
Captain America: Civil War

Honorable Mention:
The Nice Guys

Came across this on usa today. If anyone's in LA, Atlanta, Nashville or San Diego, this new app atom tickets that's giving a free ticket to Regal or AMC theaters when you download. 

Does anyone have moviepass? Is it worth it?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...s-moviepass-dealflicks-atom-tickets/86554570/
I have MoviePass. $35/month in San Diego. I see at least 10 movies a month. Super worth it for me. But if you only go 2-3 times I wouldn't get it.

Master Zik Master Zik

I decided to rewatched band of brothers again myself. I can't even put into words how good it is. Plus i haven't watched since it came out back in the day, so it's still pretty fresh. Easy company was too trill

Master Zik Master Zik

I decided to rewatched band of brothers again myself. I can't even put into words how good it is. Plus i haven't watched since it came out back in the day, so it's still pretty fresh. Easy company was too trill
Finishing it right now.

Very thorough :pimp:

Didn't like the amount of characters they kept introducing at first but it's handled real well with each little short focused story they get.

Easy company was too real. The little war vet testimonies really set the tone.

So, I like Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza and Adam Devine. Zac Effron can be good in the right role. But I have only minimal interest, at best, in seeing Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. Just looks kind of corny and forced in the previews. If anyone sees it and thinks it's better than that, let me know.

Does efron only do comedies now since no one watched whatever other movies he was in?

Does efron only do comedies now since no one watched whatever other movies he was in?
I'm pretty sure he's trying to stretch his range, catch the eye of certain directors and producers since the likes of Jonah Hill get a-level roles and serious dramas every now and then.

Teen hearthrob/romance movies are probably still his bread and butter money wise though. He can go back to that any time and live comfortably. I don't watch those movies but his female fans do.

The day I actually make it through all those movies I'll have an opinion :lol:

Same with the Harry Potter movies.

Last edited:
LOTR. trilogy is not the GOAT but i really enjoyed it. way too much filler at some points. i own the extended versions on dvd somewhere at my mom's and that's stupid long.

LOTR is great, but nowhere close to the OG Star Wars trilogy.

And give me some time, I could argue the Dark Knight and Captain America trilogies over it.

That said, someday I plan on rewatching the LOTR trilogy again. See how it has aged.

I'm going to have to agree that the OG Star Wars trilogy is GOAT. I mean, it basically is the reason that film trilogies are a thing. LOTR is a close second, but I rank it behind because I agree with the others who have said that the LOTR movies drag at times.

LOTR is great...

And give me some time, I could argue the Dark Knight and Captain America trilogies over it.
Bull ****. @Chester McFloppy back me up with this. LOTR = SW (4-6) > any other trilogy, especially Marvel anything.

I'm sorry, but the 4-5 hours of walking thru a forrest visuals across 3 films doesn't exactly do much for me.

Great acting. Great dialogue. Loved the battle scenes. Great work bringing the books to life.

But across 9-10 hours of 3 films, they spent almost half of it walking while the score plays. *shrugs*

Let me digest a lil longer, I could make cases for TDK and Cap. Maybe they don't overtake LOTR, but it's much closer than you realize.

LOTR is great...

Bull ****. @Chester McFloppy back me up with this. LOTR = SW (4-6) > any other trilogy, especially Marvel anything.

I'm sorry, but the 4-5 hours of walking thru a forrest visuals across 3 films doesn't exactly do much for me.

Great acting. Great dialogue. Loved the battle scenes. Great work bringing the books to life.

But across 9-10 hours of 3 films, they spent almost half of it walking while the score plays. *shrugs*

Let me digest a lil longer, I could make cases for TDK and Cap. Maybe they don't overtake LOTR, but it's much closer than you realize.
You must be confusing LOTR with the Hobbit. Gotta be.

If we gon talk starting trilogies you guys can't forget about my dude "man with no name".

Also LOTR>>>>

Back
Top Bottom