Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just finished watching Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition. It was alright, but long as hell.

Other than the F-word being said twice, I don't really know how it got an R-rating.

I didn't see the theatrical version and probably never will either.

Green Room

5.5 / 8

- The 2 chicks annoyed me to no ends when the situation started to pop off -- Imogen Poots with her monotone, mumble voice and Maeby's constant screaming/uselessness

- Why did Reece try to run outside? Dude was showing signs of savagery when he killed the big dude, but became a moron talm about "I need to go alone" and honestly deserved to get murked cold-blooded like that

- Thank goodness Imogen Poots unleashed the savage in her -- she was probably the realest one in the film when s--- really went down -- she better play this ride-or-die personality next to Ezra Miller in the Flash movie

- Saulnier stays hooking up his homie Macon Blair -- he played the same type of character here as he did in Blue Ruin, but obviously much more reactive than proactive

- This film really put me off even further to the skinhead culture -- Saulnier maybe low-key trying to show how moronic these folks are irl? The only thing I liked was their MA-1 jackets in multiple colors

- Very interesting how Poots was the only one who tried to listen to Yelchin's paintball story and she survives -- everyone else in his band downplayed him and look what happened to them 
laugh.gif

- RIP Anton Yelchin

Last edited:
Southpaw 5.7/8. Did not 2nd good enough for me and the build up to the payoff could've been better. They also glossed over his wife's killer.

Maybe it's the Sicario in me but I wanted him to see him kill the boxer in the ring then wipe out his crew.

:lol: @ Rita Or a as an addict though.

Suffragette 6.7/8. Well acted and enjoyed the story. These were some wild girls. That ending though :lol: :x :smh:

State & Main 5.6/8. Thought it would be better. Hoffman, Macy, and Baldwin all played their roles well but I guess the writing wasn't that strong or the story just wasn't my cup of tea.

Should note to begin with that I'm not FFC's biggest fan. First two Godfathers were great, obviously. Apocalypse Now was good. Don't think it was necessarily better than The Deer Hunter and didn't appreciate the Brando slander he created.

With all that said I think Miller's Crossing is the best mob movie ever. > Goodfellas, too. 

I thought Teller was shaking things off with that War Dogs gun running movie with Jonah Hill.

That F4 statement had me thinking he wormed his way in to the MCU :lol:

Movie looks good. Character looks interesting. In it for Mance and Eckhart.

Last edited:
Just funny both Michael b Jordan and teller both did boxing movies right after that steamer they were all a part of..

My dude Cranston deserves better:

Can we revisit ASM 1+2

I don't see the need for the reboot.

Way better then the Tobey trilogy.

I get 2 was a lot of a love story but it was a build up to Gwens death.

Sinister 6 would of been better then Suicide Squad

Did not know that
laugh.gif

Facts remain ASM series held its own.

Garfield > Tobey

We deserved a 3rd to wrap it up.

I think Marvel just has everyone shook.

ASM & ASM2 still don't age well for me.

Similar to the Thor movies if you combined both you'd get one great Spidey flick.

Movies suffer from poorly executed villains. They set back Electro and the Lizard.

Best thing about the movie is the visuals and Garfield as Spidey.

Anyway I came to say Thor's movie Black hat was terrible. Tried watching it last night and have up after a hr. Finished it today. Just so aimlessly bad.

Its like the movie didn't know if it wanted to be grounded or some wild suspense action flick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom