Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Friends is overrated.

I don't know about that.

The show ran from 1994-2003, and for the most part still appears 'new'/doesn't suffer how far we're removed from the time in which it aired. I mean, hundreds of damn reruns come onto all of our local network stations during the late afternoon hours. It's most debilitating aspect will always be the laugh track because of how retro that feels today (even when for some reason, CBS comedies like How I Met Your Mother/Big Bang Theory, now just BBT, are the only ones sweeping the ratings with a laugh track?)

Seasons 1-2 look noticeably from the past, but something happened at the beginning of Season 3, I don't know what :lol:. But Seasons 3-10 all still look terrific from a fashion standpoint to comedic relevance.

Even though I appreciate Seinfeld more, I differentiate the two and feel they're beyond comparison, Seinfeld is held back now, in 2015, by all of the Rudy Giuliani, John-John, etc. references. I'm sure Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David don't give a damn, as the show is still syndicated and is everywhere and it was a hit at the time as well. But, that sort of stuff takes you out of the episode, and I don't really find myself being taken out of Friends in that way.

Early seasons of friends were good.. But it fell off hard

Seinfeld is still the goods.. Find it resonates more that I'm a little older and appreciate more of the jokes being made

I was a kid when it was on and came out and didn't appreciate it.. But friends I would watch back then and be entertained

Complete opposite now.. I cringe with a lot of the stuff in friends.. Whereas with Seinfeld I'll watch the same episodes over and over if one of my favorites is on

Last edited:
I can still watch any friends episode and be entertained

I have never been able to finish a Seinfeld episode. Not even once

I have never been able to finish a Seinfeld episode. Not even once

I spent a good portion of the 90s out of the country working so I kinda missed Friends & Seinfeld in their heyday. I tried watching episodes for both shows & found them both to be waaaay too plain for my taste. I liken watchibg those shows for me to eating water & day old toast with no jelly or butter for breakfast every day...

I actually feel like that gif up there when I watch Jerry's standup, it's yuppie/suburbanite humor to me. I do like his coffee/interview web show though.

Last edited:
Is that the show with Eva Green?
Is it good?
What's the premise
1. Correct

2. Myself and a few other NTers enjoy the show and it has received positive reviews from critics

3. Penny Dreadful is a horror show set in Britain that delves into supernatural elements like vampires and demons.

The main storyline of the first season is a man trying to rescue his daughter after she's been abducted by a vampire.

There are some famous characters from British fiction on the show like Frankenstein and his monster, and Dorian Gray.

really?

any?

still?

like even the last couple seasons?

hell, I find myself only enjoying chandler in the first couple of seasons now

Last edited:
I can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm either, if I knew someone like that, I would beat the ever living crap outta that miserable person & stuff him into a trash can, close the lid, & throw him into the Chesapeake bay. No homey, you don't act like that in real life, especially when you look like the way you do homey....

I can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm either, if I knew someone like that, I would beat the ever living crap outta that miserable person & stuff him into a trash can, close the lid, & throw him into the Chesapeake bay. No homey, you don't act like that in real life, especially when you look like the way you do homey....
0/8

Curb/larry david sucks... Can't watch a show about an angry old guy...

He deserves 1000 Homey The Clown sock lashes to the head in the very least or maybe run over a couple of times at a low rate of speed (5 mph?) with a Prius & back over again a few times...

Last edited:
^
Never say a person has no right to be angry. Anger is what has fueled me most of my life so I appreciate it.

Curb/larry david sucks... Can't watch a show about an angry old guy...

He deserves 1000 Homey The Clown sock lashes to the head in the very least or maybe run over a couple of times at a low rate of speed (5 mph?) with a Prius & back over again a few times...
0/8

Back
Top Bottom