Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

And yo...are they paying you, CP? I mean it's better than the regular CBS thing, but The Following aint that serious just yet. I'm startin to understand why you wont give up on Dexter. Let it happen, if it happens.

:lol:, I know, I'm just lu****l for the possibilities.

I look at it like this, I didn't see jack **** in the first 2-3 episodes of Breaking Bad that made me think it would become what it has.
Same with Sopranos. Or even The Wire.

But they built, and gained steam, and went somewhere, they had vision.

So my thinking is, if a show has a vision (and if this Scream 3 thing is that serious, this vision has been in the back of some minds for over a decade) and now that vision is being realized......then the chance of it working out are good.

**** man, if this group sat down and started hammerin out ideas for stuff and had a payroll to go off of, we'd put some good material out there. Way I see it, these writers should be able to do that too. So hopefully it works out.........or maybe some of them will see this thread someday. Glad I could help. :lol:

Come Monday we should have all sorts of new trailers dropped from the Super Bowl to look over. :pimp:

Gonna try and get to Gangster Squad this weekend from the comforts of my living room. Will review if I can get to it.

So Do No Harm was good? :nerd:

Getting terrible reviews.. i might check it out if there's some more vouchers for it in here.
I liked it. Don't know how many ppl watched the premiere given the competition on a Thursday night @ 10pm. I rarely if ever go by reviews no matter what, it tends to preemptively bias ppl before they give a show a chance. I go off the commercial for the most part and judge for myself and I'm never going in with high expectations, just with w/e excitement the previews and promotion created.

If anything I'd say DVR by the end of the month like the first 3 eps and see for yourself.

EDIT

Another re-airing of The Following on FOX @ 9. Seems they'll do this all season for ppl who can't catch it on Mondays. So anybody missing it can still keep up at least.

Last edited:
by the way the americans started of with a huge bang , 4.7 million for the pilot.....if they get some hype going into

the second season with a strong season finale and get some emmy love ...they can have a big hit on their hands

how would you rank the networks in terms of current rosters

the days have changed since the "HBO......and everyone else" 90's and 00's

1 AMC - breaking bad , the walking dead , mad men 

2 FX - sons of anarchy , american horror story , louie , justified , the league , the americans

3 HBO - boardwalk empire , game of throwns , newsroom , curb your enthusiasm , girls, veep

4 SHOWTIME - dexter , homeland , house of lies , weeds, californiacation , shameless 

For me, it's the balance of quality/deeper shows vs popcorn blockbuster type shows. Some walk the line well and mix both, others are just entertaining and surface.

AMC is alone at the top. Two critical successes and the lesser quality but popular Walking Dead.

HBO comes next, then FX because you know what you're getting there, and Showtime at the bottom. Showtime's problem is not knowing when to quit. Not that I blame them because money is the motive, but still. Their most popular shows current legacy is running past it's prime. Weeds, Dexter, and Californication

Last edited:
Really I prefer the shows on AMC more than any other network, but HBO just has so many good shows... that it's hard to not put it at the top. The consistency there is pretty damn good. I unlike a lot of others, enjoyed the Killing on AMC as well and it has been pretty damn consistent as well. I could go either or with either networks.

The second tier is debatable but Homeland puts ST over FX for me, every episode is engaging.. though the Americans seems it can have that same sort of appeal to me. I must admit I have not seen SOA, Justified or Louie but have heard great things all around..gonna get started on SOA after I finish my Mad Men rewatch.

Showtime's problem is not knowing when to quit. Not that I blame them because money is the motive, but still. Their most popular shows current legacy is running past it's prime. Weeds, Dexter, and Californication
yup , it was tough for me to put a network with homeland at 4 but some shows run WAY too long

and those 2 new shows they have trailers out for on showtime didnt really captivate me.

oh and if AMC comes with it on that goodfellas inspired series , it could be game set match

The cable TV world is flat to me. I mean, what network something is on will give you an idea of how far they might go, where they might take things, and what bar they could reach or rise above...but outside of that... *shrug*

No ones really in the lead, they're all just different flavors of brilliance and letdowns.

Funny enough, my top 4 cable shows would be BB, GoT, Louie and Homeland. >D

I'm rewatching some Parks and Rec and I can't stress enough how much I love Andy and April's "Fancy Party". I must have rewatched it a couple times immediately after it aired and I think my eyes were pissing tears (to quote Jean Ralphio). But it's still an excellent episode.

And I'm sure I"ll be even more confident of it after this rewatch, but Parks season 3 is absolutely one of the best single seasons in sitcom history.

Not yet, but TV By The Numbers has it set to "certain to be renewed" based on their formula. So it'll likely be back. Having lost The Office and 30 Rock and 1600 Penn not being a hit, they'll need something consistent on their Thursday night. 

It'll probably get a final season to wrap things up the right way.

Two Girls and A Guy :smokin RDJR with some of his best work imo. Overally nicely written movie.

Oh and as I watch a few scenes from American Pshycho again it's pretty much a crime when other directors don't use this guy to his full potential.

30 Rock

“T” as in the drink
“R” as in the pirate noise
“A” as in the Fonzie noise
“C” as in sea monster
“Y” as in why do we even make friends if they’re going to let you down when we need them the most?

Last name Jordan.

King of the Nerds

"If you're not touching it, you're not doing it right" :evil:

"What is dead may never die!"

"Lok'tar ogar!" - Victory or Death

This is a very nerdy reality show :lol:

Saw Flirting with Disaster tonight. Really liked it. I'm definitely a big David O. Russell fan so I wanted to make sure to see all his stuff. Just need to see Spanking the Monkey and I'm done. Flirting was solid. I like Ben Stiller but he can get tiring over the course of a movie, but the rest of the cast brought a good balance of crazy, funny dialogue, and increasingly wacky situations. Richard Jenkins, Alan Alda, Mary Tyler Moore, Lily Tomlin, Josh Brolin, Patricia Arquette... really good cast.

Young Tea Leoni was real nice, too. I was reminded of it because Bad Boys was just added to Netflix Instant and she was looking good in that.

i watched the perks of being a wallflower earlier..

damn good movie, even i fell in love with emma watson's character.

also, i really liked the dynamic between ezra miller's character and the main character.

Yea, The Americans is a lot more subtle and nuanced than I expected. I thought it'd loud and bold, but it's crazy how confident the style and storytelling is already. And I love how they turned the idea of the nagging wife on its head.

I mean, I'm not expecting the world out of it. The pilot was really, really good, but not 'stop the world for this' greatness. I mean the direction was great, it was like Argo the series. But it feels like they set the groundwork for a mine of great stories. And all of the acting is good--why did everyone forget to hire Keri Russell for things? :nerd: And it really feels like they know exactly what they are and how hard to press to get tension.

I mean I said all the same things about The Killing, but that can only happen once, right? :nerd: :lol:

And it's wild that right when Homeland couldn't give away tickets to the bandwagon, its sister shows up ready from go. It's a much watch if you like high-minded TV, just to see if they follow through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom