Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ok :lol: I actually look forward to it.

I'm giving Do No Harm a try tonight @ 10 on NBC.

Don't know if I mentioned it in here but it's about a doctor with a split personality, a dark side that's not friendly or considerate of his life that takes over his body from 8pm to 8am.

Goodbye, 30 Rock. You will be dearly missed. Not having Jack, Liz, and Tracy on every week will be disappointing.

i watched the last few episodes of the office.very upset with how the handled the introduction of the camera crew

you spend all those years keeping them in silence and then the only reason you introduce one is to have him as a cog in the Pam and Jim machine?

couldn't at least have had them at a premier party or in an editing room or something

such damn lazy writers. i will admit i liked seeing all of Dwight's friends again 
laugh.gif

Is it bad that I just started watching The Sopranos series today?

I messed up and watched the last episode of season 1 first because I wasn't paying attention to the arrangement on HBOGO

:smh:

Better late than never. It can't be a bad thing to start watching a great series.

Last edited:
Do No Harm was a real surprise. Jammed up my Thursday schedule with Suits and Elementary.

The show felt like it should be on another network the way they came through with the quality. Like how they already established this being an ongoing problem the doctor has had that now is rearing it's ugly head again. It's like an inverted spin on the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde story.

:lol: @ when he violated that fine *** doctor that was on CSI and Law & Order, no surprise the other personality took advantage of that. I really like how crazy he is, this actor really does a good job turning the crazy up a few notches and still appearing as one of those calm level headed doctors you'd trust.

So Do No Harm was good? :nerd:

Getting terrible reviews.. i might check it out if there's some more vouchers for it in here.

And Enjoy Sopranos ServeChilled.. it was a treat when I finally got around to watching the whole series 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I just started watching The Sopranos series today?

I messed up and watched the last episode of season 1 first because I wasn't paying attention to the arrangement on HBOGO
:smh:

I still need to knock out Season 6. I started late last year.

CP you really think The Following is already better than 24? I thought the first episode was dope. I'll checkout the second episode later.

I'm disappointed the last season of Spartacus is only 10 episodes :smh:

CP you really think The Following is already better than 24? I thought the first episode was dope. I'll checkout the second episode later.

I'm disappointed the last season of Spartacus is only 10 episodes :smh:

Well, obviously I'm a little hype and 24 had nowhere to go but down after a couple seasons.

I guess what I should have said is "potentially" this will be better than 24 just in terms of where they can go, and what they can do. 24 was always just that, limited to 24 hours, they took as many liberties as they could but overall, they were limited to a single area and had to stick to that.

Following can be over the course of weeks/months, different states, cities, wherever and no clock ticking to fake pace everything. It goes as the game goes. As more players get introduced, and more followers come out the woodwork to cause problems for the FBI to handle. The idea of introducing a new killer every week, or multiple killers every week is very appealing. It takes away their limits. If it was just Joe, as great a killer as he might be, it's one man. He has limits. Hard to kill in 3 states in an hour, or something like that. With the web, and access to nutjobs worldwide, he can create so much havoc all while sitting on his chair. How does a goverment stall that, track that, find people they don't even know are coming? They've even shown the ability to flashback and and show you prior events, they could start to include actual killings in those flashbacks at some point as well. That's what I mean by lack of limits.

So if that route is followed (bad pun) then this show could be epic indeed and 24 will look like a daily infomercial next to it. IF, they stay on this track.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself with a very specific format you want the show to follow. Similarly to how you were disappointed The Sopranos didn't do everything you wanted in the final season... and how Star Wars can potentially do so much with the new movies.

Too many expectations will lead to disappointment. Plus, Dexter did the 'new killer every week' and that got so old.

Last edited:
I think you're getting ahead of yourself with a very specific format you want the show to follow. Similarly to how you were disappointed The Sopranos didn't do everything you wanted in the final season... and how Star Wars can potentially do so much with the new movies.

Too many expectations will lead to disappointment. Plus, Dexter did the 'new killer every week' and that got so old.

:lol: I'm sure I am getting ahead of myself, I do that from time to time.

Dex was the key focal point however. And a new killer wasn't stale, him getting them, killing them the same over and over was stale. This could be much different, FBI won't have a Dexter that can "fix" them.

It's not even a guilty pleasure for me, if it wasn't called New Girl, I don't think guys would be embarrassed to say they liked it. 

I think most who don't watch it assume it's just Zooey singing and dancing awkwardly for 22 minutes an episode. Nick, Winston, and Schmidt are great characters. 

It's not even a guilty pleasure for me, if it wasn't called New Girl, I don't think guys would be embarrassed to say they liked it. 

I think most who don't watch it assume it's just Zooey singing and dancing awkwardly for 22 minutes an episode. Nick, Winston, and Schmidt are great characters. 

Schmidt has reached classic territory. When he shaved his eyebrows I lost it. It's so funny how much he resents fat people when he used to be fat. I went on a mini marathon today.

I dont care about the title. I still check out 2 Broke Girls. :lol: I didnt watch it past the first half of season 1 cuz I couldnt stand Zooey.

I remember when Slaughterhouse came out, so one made a fan cut, where they cut out all of Joe Budden's verses. :lol: I wish someone had an episode list, with all the most we're pretending like Zooey isn't annoying episodes missing. I'd catch up, then..

And yo...are they paying you, CP? :lol: I mean it's better than the regular CBS thing, but The Following aint that serious just yet. I'm startin to understand why you wont give up on Dexter. Let it happen, if it happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom