Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I MAKE time for Jennifer. Always will. I'll sit thru that stupid ****** movie named Butter, I don't give a ****. :lol:

:lol: I dunno...like by the time people really started hyping Curb, I was like 3 or 4 seasons back, and didn't feel like it. And now, there's just a ton of em. :lol:

Still been meaning to watch Seinfeld too. :nerd:

I thought I saw most of em from random reruns, but I got the first 2 seasons when it came out on DVD and that was the first time I saw half of those.
You are wylin. Curb is comedy it doesn't matter what seasons you missed. Just jump in, tons of laughs, you'll be hooked. I didn't catch the very first season either but when I did give it a try I caught up with the quickness.

No comment on Seinfeld, no excuses either, they rerun the show on like 4 different channels all the time. Just don't tell me you've seen all of Friends or something.

CP too! Madness :smh:

Last edited:
Looks like the mystery as to why this thread was moved has been solved. :smh:

Those of you who peruse the NBA thread will see the culprit.

:lol: nah, I don't think I've ever seen Friends on purpose.

And normally I shrug and keep it moving anytime I see Jen Garner in anything, but I liked Butter. She was good, Corddry was good, Modern Family dad was good, Wilde and Greene were hot. Something small you'd expect actors to make when they got time...not that Movie 43-ness.

:lol: I dunno...like by the time people really started hyping Curb, I was like 3 or 4 seasons back, and didn't feel like it. And now, there's just a ton of em. :lol:

Still been meaning to watch Seinfeld too. :nerd:

I thought I saw most of em from random reruns, but I got the first 2 seasons when it came out on DVD and that was the first time I saw half of those.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the few shows I've ever seen that you really DON'T need to be caught up to enjoy an episode. I'll admit that I don't watch the show religiously, and I've only probably seen 10% of the show, but it's hilarious every time I turn it on. If you watch an episode from beginning to end, you'll enjoy what you watched.

One show I really, REALLY liked but got canned was Lucky Louie, the precursor to Louie on FX. It was on HBO, it was raunchier, but made in a similar style. FX just picked up Louie because they knew they couldn't let the guy slip through the cracks. Unfortunately, left all of the cast from LL behind I believe. It was a fun 30-minute sitcom.

laugh.gif
I dunno...like by the time people really started hyping Curb, I was like 3 or 4 seasons back
i was too , caught up in a month .....they fly by

oh and the following........fox did it again....show is awesome

Last edited:
Entourage fans, we have a go...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/war...ght-to-movie-version-of-hbo-series-entourage/

Warner Bros Gives Green Light To Movie Version Of HBO Series ‘Entourage’
By MIKE FLEMING JR | Tuesday January 29, 2013 @ 9:42pm EST

EXCLUSIVE: Aquaman star Vinnie Chase is back, baby. Warner Bros has tonight given the green light on a movie version of Entourage, the HBO series that ran from 2004-2011. That gives a reprise for the inside Hollywood exploits of the up and coming film star, his manager and agent, his under-appreciated TV actor brother and the childhood pal/driver who form his inner circle.

The film will be directed by series creator Doug Ellin, who wrote the screenplay and who exec produced the series with Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson. Deals are starting to be made with Adrian Grenier, who played Chase, Kevin Connolly, who played his manager Eric “E” Murphy, Kevin Dillon, who played the actor’s brother Johnny Drama, Jerry Ferrara, who played their entrepreneurial driver Turtle, and Jeremy Piven, who played the show’s iconic type A talent agent Ari Gold. I’m sure Drama’s agent Lloyd (Rex Lee), E’s girl Sloan (Emmanuelle Chriqui), his management partner Scott (Scott Caan), and their quirky director collaborator Billy Walsh (Rhys Coiro) and Ari’s agency partner Barbara Miller (Beverly D’Angelo) will all be in the mix, along with a swarm of real Hollywood talent, playing themselves.

That’s about as far as the studio has gotten at this point, and there is no start date. I for one loved the series ending, in which Ari finally gave up his career and pledged his devotion to his long suffering gorgeous wife (Perry Reeves), only to get a last minute phone call offering him his dream job of running a film studio, knowing he’ll lose her if he says yes. Love to see how Ari negotiates himself out of that hell. Did I mention that I watched that show from start to finish, and miss it terribly?

While some naysayers might start in that an HBO transfer to film has no shot, the first Sex And The City did pretty well. For me, I can only think of one word to describe this development. Victory!!!!

Also Danny Boyle's next film Trance has a April 5th US release date. Looking forward to this one...Loved or liked all of his movies... Kudos to Boyle for pulling Rosario Dawson.... That's one bad a** chick...

http://www.slashfilm.com/danny-boyles-trance-scores-new-poster-and-april-us-release-date/

Danny Boyle’s ‘Trance’ Scores New Poster and April US Release Date
Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 by Russ Fischer

This is essentially a big retweet, but it’s a good one, as Fox Searchlight has announced the US release date for Danny Boyle‘s new film Trance. The picture stars James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassell in a story about an art thief (McAvoy) who is injured while stealing a painting. He claims that amnesia prevents him from remembering where he stashed the loot, and so a crime boss (Cassell) employs a hypnotherapist (Dawson) to get the info out of the thief’s head.

The studio has announced an April 5 release for the film. More info, and a poster that ably captures what appears to be the very fragmented condition of McAvoy’s mind, follows after the break.

Danny Boyle’s film TRANCE will be released on April 5, 2013! Starring James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassell. twitter.com/foxsearchlight…

— Fox Searchlight (@foxsearchlight) January 29, 2013

The first UK trailer for the film makes Trance out to be something of a return to early form for Boyle. Energetic motion is captured both in the cinematography and the editing, and the subject matter seems as if it has given the director more license to play than ever before.

Here’s a larger version of the poster. Who’s going to be the first to hang this in a place where it’ll be the first thing they see every day?

Last edited:
^^^ Honestly, although I was a pretty big fan of the show, I don't think I'm really feeling the Entourage movie. Part of it is because I don't think the show ended on a particularly high note -- the last two seasons were definitely the weakest, IMO. Plus, given what it is and who's in it, I just think its better suited to the TV format. When you're getting it in 30 minute bites, you can largely overlook some of the shortcomings, like the fact that the most prominent cast members - except maybe Piven - are not very good actors and that their characters have a lot of annoying qualities. Like, 10-15 minutes of Johnny Drama is good; 30-45 minutes of him might be a bit much. But on the plus side, there probably will be ton of funny celebrity cameos and a lot of hot, naked girls in the movie. So, I'll probably end up seeing it, but just won't be in a big rush to do so.

Anyone watch foreign flicks that aren't action related? Trying to find this flick....Mood Indigo (or L'écume des jours in French - adaptation of Boris Vian's 1947 novel Froth on the Daydream). It's directed by Michel Gondry starring Roman Duris, Audrey Tautou, Omar Sy, & Charlotte Lebon.

It's about a rich dude that has a great life & friend who falls in love with a girl & they end up getting married. The girl ends up getting gravely ill during the honeymoon & everything just falls to pieces...

i dont hate the idea of an entourage movie , i actually paid to see the sex and the city movie

with a huge group of friends and had a good time , the movie wasnt particularly good ....but it was

fun for what it was

i watched entourage from the beginning and always accepted it for what it was , a fun/easy watch.

i dont have to be on the edge of my seat in suspense or crying out laughing everytime.

so this idea maybe a little optimistic 

but who's down to have a movie summit?

we all save up some coin and shoot for a film festival in 2014

Where are the movie festival's at? I don't even know where Sundance is. :lol: I think there's on in Toronto too if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom