Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Following is ******g fantastic.

24 only better, and without a clock.
Thy body count being racked up is crazy. I know it's just a show but it reminds me of stuff I read about serial killers not being caught and ppl just going missing/bodies being found. Also makes me think of last year when the cops found all those dead hookers in Jersey.

Loving being along for this ride so far. One part that got me though as far as pointing out a flaw/not suspending my disbelief was about police incompetence and how they had all those cops and agents downstairs but only one cop goes upstairs with the lady. Then this fat guy descends from the ceiling/attic like a pro :lol: :x:smh::smokin That **** was eerie. Just another case where killing goes down under the authorities noses. 3rd or 4th time now.

I just hope they establish soon that nobody in this inner circle hunting down this cult is also secretly apart of it. To me there's no way this guy plan these things so well from prison. I feel this new chick in charge of investigation gave dude the book to pretend she's softening up on him but I expect him to see through it.
Just found out Don't Trust the B In Apt 23 got canceled. Show was funny as hell on the low.:smh:

The show had it's moments and I watched it religiously but I'm indifferent to it being canceled.

If Happy Ending were to get canned though. :smh:
I feel the same. Exactly but I fear Happy Ending may not have long either similar to Community. As Big J mentioned I can only hope for a syndication deal and hopefully some other network picks them up but I feel like Cougar Town just lucked out with that situation. I'd like Comedy Central to do it though.

Last edited:
New Girl :smokin

I've been missing out on Hannah Simone :wow:

Hannah Simone > Zooey Deschanel :evil: :evil: :evil:

Watching The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 tomorrow :pimp:

Last edited:
I finally checked out the Fringe series finale last night. I been on a real negative streak lately. :lol: Guess that ain't quite changing.

My problem with Fringe is just that...they reset the world one time too many.

It's a damn shame. I loved the show that it became after they shook off the blah of the first season. I was even one of those saying it was just as good as Lost was at the time during Fringe seasons 2 and 3. But then they reset the world--It became a show about alternate universes after season 1. They decided to grab one character, pick up and leave for a new alt-world...and I stuck with it, because they hung the promise over all of season 4, of coming back to the world and characters I knew.

But then they swept that away and sorta reset again for this last mini-season.

I never cared about the technical parts of Fringe. The sci-fi details didn't really matter to me. I mean I understood and followed it, but it was always the horror and energy and villains and creativity and emotional side of Fringe that hooked me. Realizing that all these actors actually can act and that slowly but surely you cared whether things worked out for them or not was the revelation. Very bold and almost iconic things like the shifters and the Observers were it's calling card. The clever plot twists and strong writing and acting were things you didn't expect from fugazi X-Files.

But the show threw away those characters and became a knockoff of itself. It used the face of those iconic things and made something, less...great with them. I don't wanna say they pulled a Lost season 6, because it all technically made sense and there weren't really any mysteries left unanswered. I don't regret watching it or the investment. I just can't ignore the problems that the show had, but it didn't let me down. It was good for what it was. It's just...hard to connect with this new thing that tries to trade on how you felt about the old thing, but still feels kinda hollow. There was something thoughtful and meaningful in those 2 awesome seasons with those characters you cared about and it's a shame that in a way, we had the series finale 2 years ago without knowing it.

I liked it, some of it was pretty cool and really fitting, it just...isn't something easy to recommend to people.

I partially agree. That's why I never felt mad I missed eps or felt compelled to be 100% focused. It's a good show but every other season it was like I was watching a brand new sci fi mystery action show with the same cast.

I was with them when they ditched the X Files angle and made Peter the focus as this guy that didn't exist in either reality and would've been cool with the rest of the show being about that but then somehow they resolve that and now we in this dystopian future cuz of something Spock did. I never liked that The Observers were made the finale villains. They were right out of Marvel a la the Watchers with a dash of The Adjustment Bureau and I liked them just asthat.

They should've stuck with either Lane Pryce, evil alt reality Walt, or Spock as being the main antagonists with those Observers being used in the scheme for w/e.

The ending with the chosen one kid and sacrifice was a little too typical and Matrix like (or any other stories that require that kind of ending) for me.

Overall good show and I can see why it's such a cult hit.

Last edited:
I feel this new chick in charge of investigation gave dude the book to pretend she's softening up on him but I expect him to see through it.

Unreal you read that the same as me. When she was talkin and Bacon was eyein her, I thought no damn way she could be one of them. Maybe she's just trying to look the part, and gonna trap Joe at some point. I saw it exactly the way you did.

Regardless, I'm in. The storylines can last forever. They can bring in new characters every single week and still fit into the story seamlessly. Only part that will get old is the goin back to prison to meet with him, they need to just have some phone call episodes, or some internet chats, letter writing, etc. So his word still spreads, but not sittin at that damn table every episode.

Yeah that's the way I see it. I just hope we're not too smart for the show and it ends up being what it is on it's face. To me that's typical misdirection.

And yeah, they'll need to shake up constantly going back to prison for these sit downs. I can see a scenario where they're forced to take him out and bring him with them for w/e reason or a season finale where it's some sort of ransom situation and he is set free temporarily.

I also like what he said about the fat cop just being an appetizer to get the hero back in to form cuz he has so much in store for him. In future season, after ditching this obsessed girl and this weird gay 3way story I can see flashbacks of Purefoy teaming up with/recruiting some real hardcore Buffalo Bill type serial killers. Sort of like a deep cover terrorist just waiting to be activated and enter the game.

EDIT

The Burn with Jeff Ross is HILARIOUS :rofl: Joint had me in tears.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways it's set up like a bunch of sleeper cells. Everyone acts normal til an event takes place, then they are "on duty".

I agree, I love the way the fat cop was just a warm up, perfect way to explain that imo. Hell, mask coulda ended the show right then and there, so Ryan has to get on his grind.

I think somethin fishy is up with mole chick already bein out the door after one ep. That don't sit right with me.

I guess since AHS is done, I figured I'd fill the slot with The American's and see how it goes. Felicity looks hot now at least, so maybe she'll be worth watching. But let the record show, Alias had this storyline in their show long time ago, Russians living in America like normal folk acting as a sleeper cell. I seen this all before, so they better **** her up or something to hold my attention. :lol:

6 Unknown Artists Who Made All of Our Favorite Movie Moments
With the Oscars on the horizon, it's important to remember that behind every great "film author" are like a hundred other artists with slightly worse publicists. These people have worked tirelessly to help create some of your favorite moments in film, only to have their names scroll by in eight-point font while the audience files out, or, at best, patiently waits for that five-second scene where Iron Man eats a burrito.

Here are six more people you don't know but could not live without.

I agree, I love the way the fat cop was just a warm up, perfect way to explain that imo. Hell, mask coulda ended the show right then and there, so Ryan has to get on his grind.
I forgot about that, now that part was scary. I really wasn't expecting that. I was expecting to find the mother's body in the room in some wild display. We get a dude in a Poe mask pouncing :lol:
I guess since AHS is done, I figured I'd fill the slot with The American's and see how it goes. Felicity looks hot now at least, so maybe she'll be worth watching. But let the record show, Alias had this storyline in their show long time ago, Russians living in America like normal folk acting as a sleeper cell. I seen this all before, so they better **** her up or something to hold my attention. :lol:
I think one extra that should be noted that the show is set I think in the 70s or some time in the past so that should be a bit of a plus if they really commit to this being a period piece.

Good find Big J

Last edited:
Went through Best Buy today to pick up Seven Psychopaths, also ended up getting Dredd, so I'll be seeing those two shortly. I went also to pick up Moonrise, but my Best Buy was sold out. |I

The Following is ******g fantastic.

24 only better, and without a clock.
gonna catch the second episode

to those of you that watch justified

my favorite current shows in order

1.breaking bad

2.sons of anarchy

3.dexter

4.homeland

5.american horror story

6.luther

im kind of over boardwalk empire , they need to end that show on a semi high note

would you recommend it?

Spartacus S03E01

"Knowledge and patience, the only counter to greater skill"

Last edited:
February will be a good month for Blu; Flight, Cloud Atlas, and Peter Pan on February 5th, Skyfall on February 12th, Argo and GoT Season 2 on February 19th.

Argo and Skyfall are both day-one for me. :nerd:

thank them , movies a letdown.

Eh, depends on who you ask. I loved it. As I think Nos (or was it Dub) did. Mr. O was also disappointed by it. But like I said before, if you like Wes Anderson films generally, there's no way you won't like Moonrise. If his movies aren't your thing, I can see why you might not be into it.

How good is 30 Rock?

Cuz its coming to an end. I mean, yall know how I am. Less is more. I'd rather less if all of it was really good, than more even if it had good intentions, but adds things that just don't work.

30 Rock always felt like a hit or miss show to me. I know Dub always goes to bat for it, but it was different than when Community or The League would be hit or miss. When 30 Rock puts out a blah episode, there's just nothing there for me and it makes me not even wanna check for the show anymore.

I dunno. A part of me feels like if you took out all the blah or average episodes, you'd have something almost right there with Arrested Development with as many great episodes.

But you can't cherrypick. So where does that put 30 Rock?

And I'll admit, I haven't seen most of the last few seasons. I tried, but once they start piling up on the DVR...

Last edited:
Eh, depends on who you ask. I loved it. As I think Nos (or was it Dub) did. Mr. O was also disappointed by it. But like I said before, if you like Wes Anderson films generally, there's no way you won't like Moonrise. If his movies aren't your thing, I can see why you might not be into it.
yeah i never got into his style of film , although i enjoyed the royal tenebaums

With Moonrise, I just felt like I didn't connect with the kids. Like take the kids from Super 8, put the in this and it might be one my favorites of this year. But it just feels mechanical, like a retro quirk factory for me. Style over substance. Great technical filmmaking...probably the most well made movie Wes has done...like he shoulda got on Oscar nom for directing, but that's it.

Last edited:
Man I loved moonrise. I basically look at it like a modern fairy tale. Bruce willis best role in forever. I enjoyed the kids but i can see why someone would think they were stiff. Or almost just props for the movie itself.

Back
Top Bottom