Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

As a Kings fan, at least I have this as a victory for today 
smile.gif

Not me man, I didn't do anything. DMX, Ska, Blazers those guys are the ones that take care of S&T.

All credit to them. :pimp:

[quote name="JapanAir21"]Ska will save us. Have faith.[/quote][quote name="dmxfury"]
Talk like that will have this moved back :lol:[/quote]Why, DMX, what an ugly thing to say. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, DMX, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

:lol:

First world problem solved :smokin

Elitism FTW

We deeeeed it

It tough ten minutes

Last edited:
^^^ Is it elitism if the people you're trying to exclude really are riff-raff? Just saying.

i just realized how silly i would probably sound trying to explain to a normal person our "issue"

"well theres this sneaker website and theres a sports section that has a huge thread

about sports movies , but bros gonna bro next thing u know its a HUGE mega thread

about movies , so they moved it to the general section AND OMG I HATE THOSE SNOBS"

Last edited:
Well, we aren't exactly "cleared" yet guys. I'm flat out begging to keep things as is behind the scenes. I dunno. We could be in for a rough patch.

We may need to come up with an emergency Movie draft at some point to stay afloat.

So if you start talkin Django, and I reply with Happy Gilmore, please understand I'm still there with you. :lol:

Today was a lesson. Let us hope, that we survive.

Mods, thank you. Seriously, thank you. Hopefully one of the top top ones will be ok and not ban my life. :lol:

I swear, if we survive this, I am repping Doo tonight when the Lakers get drilled like a drum. I don't care, I'm that happy to have this thread in it's rightful home. :nthat:

i just realized how silly i would probably sound trying to explain to a normal person our "issue"

"well theres this sneaker website and theres a sports section that has a huge thread
about sports movies , but bros gonna bro next thing u know its a HUGE mega thread
about movies , so they moved it to the general section AND OMG I HATE THOSE SNOBS"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was already like "how am I gonna tell my wife?" :rofl:

LOL. You should go back and try to find the pages in the thread about the movie fantasy drafts. Takes the, uh, "uniqueness" of this thread to a whole other level.

I'm all for adding new guys to the discussion, but randoms popping in saying "Mighty Ducks," just doesn't add much to the discussion.

Well, I dunno. :\

My last PM didn't sound too good. I'm trying to convey that it isn't that we don't want to hang out with others, it's that we don't want to get cluttered up by people who tear it down with meaningless posts, and trolling and such. It's not goin so good.

Meth mentioned us not letting others in, but that's not the case at all. For a perfect example, Cash Money as he said found this thread a month ago and jumped in with both feet. Have somethin to say, have something to offer, and we're all fine. As JA mentioned, being constantly cluttered with people not really wanting to discuss anything that we discussing, or cluttering the thread is an issue. Like Law said, imagine if we tried to have the fantasy drafts, in General. We would get WORN OUT from people interupting. It would be a logistical nightmare.

He mentioned that the site is better now, that we can subscribe to users, or threads, and follow it like that. That way it doesn't have to be in one forum, it could be anywhere and we could still see it, even on our phones.

So I'm trying, but I don't know how long this reprieve will last.

In the meantime, Rocky IV is my fav. :smokin

:lol:

As with any thread, it's open to whoever wants to come in.

It's upto the user to find the discussion, and whether they want to contribute or not. Those that come in here and post once, they don't care to, and we skip their opinion because they don't want to put forth the effort into contributing towards the discussion.

It seems the wake up call has been received.  

Word of warning:  keep this about sports movies or it's going right back to General. 

NikeTalk is ONE community, not a cliquish high school cafeteria. 

We already have to deal with people in the "thread about nothing" trying to talk about the Kings moving to Seattle because they don't want to post in S&T, users in General starting an Electronica thread because they don't want to post in Music, users in Nike Price/Fake Checks posting about Jordan XIs because for whatever reason they don't want to post in the Jordan Brand Price Fake/Checks section.  

We're not running 15 separate communities here, nor are we particularly interested in pandering to some irrational, isolationist fears.  The people in the General forum are not monsters.  They're, in many cases, the same people who post in the S&T forum.  

Want to participate in an all-purpose film thread, but don't want to constantly refresh the General forum to find new replies?  Just subscribe to the topic and you can find updates in real time on the desktop home screen, as a NikeTalk Mobile notification, or via email if you prefer.  

Don't like a user?  Just use the block/ignore feature.  

Any topic in the Sports & Training forum has to be about Sports and/or Training.  That's sort of the point.  

Back
Top Bottom