Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

How does one not enjoy Reservoir Dogs? That, outside of Pulp Fiction, is my favorite Tarantino movie. Mr. Pink :lol:

Last edited:
Well they "said" it was already in the works, before...and Jessica Chastain...Chastain, Chastain.

So, what is that? A thumb sideways?

CP not having that tarentino slander 
laugh.gif

now that the lakers have that brutal road trip im gonna be watching alot

of movies , if i tune out this season it cant hurt my soul.....
frown.gif

Watched Jurassic Park (1993) for the first time.... yeah, that's right. :lol:

I'm sort of on and off with Spielberg... the "Spielberg Faces" :rofl: all of that is just funny to me. While he's had some misses in this decade, Jurassic Park was highly enjoyable and I could definitely see myself watching it again in the near future. I really liked the build-up to the whole thing. Choppering in all the scientists, paleontologists, etc... showing them how these dinosaurs came to be. It was actually pretty interesting to see how Dr. John Hammond pulled it off. When they saw the first dinosaur, the music, the acting, the scene... all of it was absolutely awesome. Probably my favorite scene, outside of Jeff Goldblum's speech about how the whole idea of Jurassic Park was wrong.

"They were so preoccupied with if they could that they didn't stop to think if they should." :pimp:

"You stood on the shoulders of genius', to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox. And now you're selling it." :smokin

"What you call discovery... I call the rape of the natural world." :rofl: :pimp:

Thought this was the most thought provoking part of the film. Really explored the depth of human nature, free will, and what we should and should not contribute to the natural world ... the entire scene I couldn't stop thinking about nuclear weapons. :smh: :lol: Movie sort of got too action packed I thought from middle to end. They switched gears to a survival movie, and while I expected that, I still wish they hadn't. Would have been better if they delved into the "why shouldn't we do this?" thing. Because there's more reason for not doing it than the ability of the dinosaurs tearing human flesh to shreds, which is all they showed the rest of the movie.

And uhhhh... I heard this movie was marketed to kids? Toys in Kids Meals and all that? You know kids were asking their parents to see it. The scene where the velociraptor eats Newman from Seinfeld! :wow: ******g weird man. Sort of made me jump too when he was in the Jeep next to him with those damn things on his face up.... reminded me of Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 :lol:. How the hell could a little kid watch that? :lol:

Might go on a Jurassic Park bender this week, gonna start the second one right now, but won't finish it until tomorrow or so. I know the next two are not as well-reviewed but I'm going to try to keep an open mind.

Last edited:
roll.gif
at Jurassic Park possibly being older than you 

I'm just playing dog 
happy.gif

Jurassic park 3 is the coolest one..or the one where dinos make it to modern day civilization. Dinos rule!!!

Holy ****, the first time you've seen Jurassic Park 1 was today? I saw that **** in theatres when it first came out :lol:

laugh.gif
 thats what I'm saying

I'm on season 2 of The Wire. 
nthat.gif
 I'm hooked, its like a hardcore version of Law and Order.

Same with Luther, Elba plays a Sherlock Holmes meets Dr. House, type detective. Great show.

Holy ****, the first time you've seen Jurassic Park 1 was today? I saw that **** in theatres when it first came out :lol:

Me too. At least a couple times, I think. The original JP is very good. The sequels are watchable, but inferior IMO. I don't know that I've every re-watched all of 2 or 3, but I've watched 1 all the way through a few times.

I've watched the sequals in bits and pieces over the years when I've caught them on TV but that's about it 
laugh.gif

Making me feel old and ****. :frown: Jurassic Park is the first movie I remember seeing multiple time in the theaters. Had this bad boy:

And a couple of dinos. Loved that damn movie. :lol:

Movies - Above the Rim, Varsity Blues, Friday Night Lights, White Men Can't Jump, He Got Game, Celtic Pride, Any Given Sunday

how old is everyone? 24 in april  
pimp.gif

seven psychopaths was awesome , especially if you like tarentino 

it was a poor man's quentin tarantino esc screenplay

Last edited:
You haven't seen Jurassic Park in a long time, have you?
Some channel was airing all of them back in October, last year. It could not keep my interest in the slightest. It was feeling like a chore if I had decided to sit through the whole thing.

So yeah I haven't seen it in a long time in it's entirety but if I'd rather watch some other action sci-fi-ish monster flick that says enough for me.
Looking back on it now I don't enjoy Jurassic Park at all.

Rather watch Godzilla
Man, stop lying.
No lies.

Last edited:
Godzilla > Jurassic Park.

I'm not talking that Matthew Broderick crap. I'm talking King Ghidorah, Mothra, MechaGodzilla, :pimp: .

I personally have a deep love for all those films. I grew up on em back on Monstervision back on TNT back in the day. That's how I got into horror/sci-fi. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom