Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Django again. Amazing film.

What would ya rank this between Kill Bill and IB since their similar movies in a way.

I would go:

Django
Kill Bill Vol. 1
IB
KB vol. 2

Pulp Fiction
True Romance (idc idc)
Django
Inglorius
Kill Bill 2
Dogs
Death Proof
Kill Bill 1
Jackie Brown

Jesus Christ that is SERIOUS.

Kill Bill 1 and Jackie are LAST on your resume, you've gone full ****** on the rest of Hollywood. :wow:

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Inglourious Basterds
------------------------------
True Romance
Death Proof
Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair
Reservoir Dogs

From Dusk Til Dawn...should count if TR does... :nerd:

Jackie Brown...aint seen it since I was 13 so...I'm ******g up. :lol:

Last edited:
Kill Bill that low?! Damn bruh haha. I respect kt though. I can see why some heads didnt like jackie brown that much though.

My total QT list in order from fav to least fav:

Django (Maybe I'm living in the moment but this was a masterpiece)
Pulp
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Res. Dogs
Ing. Bastards
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill vol. 2

Still gotta fully watch Death Proof all the way through and True Romance to
finish list

I'm fine with counting From Dusk til Dawn, I ******g love that movie.

You ever watch it with a group that's never seen it? It's HILARIOUS. Nice normal movie, everyone doin good, then they get to the bar, Salma dances, mouths agape, then it starts flyin, mouths never close. People be like, "did we start watchin a different movie, what happened?". :rofl:

Insert Dusk.......right above Jackie.

Kill Bill...I'm like burnt out on it. :lol:

I've seen it so many times, I'd never go outta my way to watch more than a scene here or there again.

True Romance was my favorite movie for the longest, until I saw the uncut Pulp Fiction on VHS.
It was a mind**** finding out the same guy wrote both.

Whereas Death Proof, for some reason, I could watch that forever.
Even the convos that never end, I love it. Love the style, love the smell of the film, yaknow. :lol:

Last edited:
The guy gave you four main characters, 45 minutes, erased them, 4 New broads, seamless. SEAMLESS.

How do you pull that off? :lol:

The man is playing quasars when everyone else playin checkers.

Kill Bill is great, but it's not a classic IMO. Maybe once KB3 comes full-circle, it'll all fit and be great, but IMO, Django, Inglourious Basterds, and Pulp Fiction are his masterpieces. His others are great, but don't touch those three.

And even then, I kind of think IB/Pulp Fiction are far and away better than Django. Not taking anything away from Django, but Pulp Fiction and Inglourious are as close to perfect as you can get in cinema, IMO.

The guy gave you four main characters, 45 minutes, erased them, 4 New broads, seamless. SEAMLESS.
How do you pull that off? :lol:
The man is playing quasars when everyone else playin checkers.

I don't know... For me personally, Death Proof was such a disappointment after Planet Terror. I didn't think Death Proof was a bad feature on it's own, but as a double-bill with Planet Terror, there's no way that they could have ever succeeded on a double-bill. If you had Death Proof first, it would've been far too long without much action, and then sensory overload to end Grindhouse. As it is with Planet Terror first, having to sit through all that dialogue just isn't as great of an experience as it should be.

We all know QT relies so much on dialogue, but in Death Proof I didn't feel like he nailed it as much as his other films. Pulp Fiction? IB? Reservoir Dogs? Some of KB? Excellent. Death Proof? Not as much. And this is from someone who's favorite actor on this planet is Kurt Russell... :lol:

I like Death Proof, but that doesn't mean I can't think it's a disappointment.

You could sit down and watch it and every 10 minutes note something they could've done more with.

...and you can't really say that with Pulp or IB.

I get that. Django's...not as tight as it could be....but Django's only #2 for me until either the extended cut drops or I see it enough to see whether I care about that or not. :lol: I mean I felt the same way about Death Proof the first time I saw it.

Yeah I feel the same with Django. I felt QT could have expanded more on Leo's character and SLJ backround. Funny how he talked one way around Leo but another around everyone else.

That KKK scene was so perfect man. Still laughing at that part

Found this about Adam Sandler turning down Eli Roth Character in IB:

"Tarantino asked Adam Sandler to play the role of Donny Donowitz, but Sandler declined due to schedule conflicts with the film Funny People. Eli Roth was cast in the role instead."

Just got back from Django... MAN. What a ******g film! Lived up to my expectations and then some. I'm really happy I stopped reading the script once the gang got to Candieland, I wasn't expecting what went down at all. Jamie Foxx, my man :pimp: Waltz still holding it down in whatever role he's in :pimp: Leo as a plantation owner was new. It's a tie between him and Waltz for who did a better job.
The violence wasn't what I was expecting either; so much blood explosions :lol: The climactic shootout was insane, dont think I've seen that much blood in a movie... ever. I enjoyed how the movie was paced, filmed, everything about it was great. Oh, except using rap. Didnt fit imo, I dont know why, but it threw off the feel of the film as others have said.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs*
Kill Bill (1 & 2)*
Inglorious Basterds*
Death Proof
Jackie Brown

Starred are interchangeable. Too early to tell how I'd Django, but I imagine it's in the top half.

Last edited:
You could sit down and watch it and every 10 minutes note something they could've done more with.
...and you can't really say that with Pulp or IB.
I get that. Django's...not as tight as it could be....but Django's only #2 for me until either the extended cut drops or I see it enough to see whether I care about that or not. :lol: I mean I felt the same way about Death Proof the first time I saw it.

I think that's what it is for me with Death Proof. Good, not great.

I think if Django had Kurt Russell in it, it might've been higher for me :nerd: :lol: . The antagonist outside of SLJ and Leo was a rather weak character actor. He did fine in the film, but just not a big enough face for me to hop on board with the character.

The thing I love most about film is that no matter how much you watch, how many different movies you've seen over the years, there will still be films you haven't seen that are nothing short of classic.

And so today, I watched Paths of Glory, directed by Stanley Kubrick, starring Kirk Douglas (Spartacus), George Macready (Gilda), Adolphe Menjou (A Farewell to Arms), and Ralph Meeker (Kiss Me Deadly).

An American-made film about the tragedy that was WWI, and the villainy that was portrayed by generals of France. Douglas plays a colonel who is asked to lead an invasion of his troops into German territory that is nothing short of suicide. Despite his pleas, he accepts the command and leads his low-morale men into battle, only to see them cower under incomprehensible firepower from the Germans.

Douglas' troops retreat, and the General who orders the troops to attack will not accept the defeat, and instead blames his own men of cowardice, and plans to court marshal three men, one from each of the divisions of the attack. One man is chosen because he is socially unaccepted, one purely at random, and another because of bias of his superior. Douglas fights for the mens lives to no avail in court, and the generals continue with their deviousness.

Douglas steals the show. It becomes evident to him that he has no faith in the French army, even though he has been as loyal as one could be to his country. His superiors have their own agendas and there is no getting around it, even if the acts they portray are more hideous than war itself. Adolphe Menjou and George Macready fill the role of antagonists beautifully. Macready, the more zealous general, would shoot his own mother if it meant a success in battle, and has the tolerance-level of a hand grenade. Menjou on the other hand is calm and quiet in his demeanor, but it doesn't make him any less cunning and vile. The little touches are amazing; from the disregard for shell shock (common during WWI), to the sillyness of trench warfare, to the carefree recklessness of generals for their mens lives, all the little things that make this a superb film.

Douglas once retold a story on the film where Adolphe Menjou, a veteran actor at that time, was forced to do over 17 takes of a scene, something that Kubrick was notorious for. On the 18th take, Menjou threw a temper tantrum at Kubrick telling it his performance was fine and he was ready for lunch. So what happened? They continued onto the 18th take, until Menjou got it right. :pimp: :lol:

The older I grow, the more I appreciate and admire the work of Stanley Kubrick. I have been slowly catching up on what I've missed throughout his career, and it is tragic that such a phenomenal film-maker has such a short filmography. I got to see A Clockwork Orange in theaters this past year, my first theatrical Kubrick film, and my eyes were glued to the screen. It wasn't the first, second, or tenth time I had seen A Clockwork Orange, but watching it on the big screen was as if I had never seen it before.

I have adored each of his films I've gotten the pleasure to watch thus far. Eyes Wide Shide, Full metal Jacket, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and now Paths of Glory. I have not seen Spartacus since I was young, so I'm very looking forward to seeing that as well.

And there's still much for me to still explore; Barry Lyndon, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita, and The Killing.

Paths of Glory is one of those films that just reaffirms my love for film.

Gonna watch Zero Dark Thirty today.. been hearing good things, shall report back later.

oh and also got Celeste and Jesse Forever, been wanting to watch that too.

I always hate ranking QT movies because I'm the only one who has Jackie Brown high :lol: I feel like that movie is criminally underrated.

I always hate ranking QT movies because I'm the only one who has Jackie Brown high :lol: I feel like that movie is criminally underrated.

No lie, I feel horrible saying JB is his worst film. You could put that movie at the top of almost any other director's resume. It's insane.

But one of them, has to be last. I can't put Kill Bill there. Can't do Dogs. Death Proof, no way, not the way he did that movie. Pulp, Basterds, Django........:smh: :lol:

Unreal. Straight up, flat out, unreal.

And to think, in theory, he could be getting better as a director as he goes along. He certainly seems to be doing better film after film, doesn't he? Where could he go these next 2 movies he does before he retires? :wow:

I think Jackie Brown is the worst by a clear margin. I don't even think anything else is remotely close.

I think Jackie Brown is the worst by a clear margin. I don't even think anything else is remotely close.
That's only if you love the jokey-BS Tarantino style.  Personally I know that's popular, but I think he over-indulges and it ruined Inglorious Basterds for me. Jackie Brown is played straight and works really well.

Kill Bill Vol 2 was just too much of the same, Death Proof was bad.

That's only if you love the jokey-BS Tarantino style.  Personally I know that's popular, but I think he over-indulges and it ruined Inglorious Basterds for me. Jackie Brown is played straight and works really well.

Kill Bill Vol 2 was just too much of the same, Death Proof was bad.

Ummm........what?

Back
Top Bottom