Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finally got around to watching Pitch Perfect.

I put off watching it because I was expecting it to be a 90+ minute Glee episode. 
alien.gif

I enjoyed it though, in fact the musical pieces were my favorite parts of the film.

The riff off.
pimp.gif

Anna Kendrick though.
embarassed.gif

Fat Amy.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Stacie.
devil.gif

That opening scene when ol' girl got her Linda Blair on.
sick.gif

They ODed with that too, reminded me of that Family Guy episode.

Sat here for 2 minutes trying to think of a good argument. :smh:
:lol:

Looper had a few really great scenes/sequences, but overall, it only felt adequate.

We were cracking up at Joey Gordon mimicking Bruce Willis' mannerisms.

I wish Paul Dano would have been more involved.

Last edited:
i did a presentation on jackie brown in college. talked about the sexism and what not. real solid film that no one really talks about.

I think I saw it once in high school and was expecting Pulp Fiction 2, like everyone else.

Been near the top of my rewatch list for...years. :lol: :smh:

french cinema in general is pretty sweet.

:smokin

City of Lost Children...La Haine...Brotherhood of the Wolf...Trois Coleurs trilogy...I like Amelie :lol:

Does Leon count?

Been meaning to watch Elevator to the Gallows and La Vie en Rose...guess I'll add Cache to the list.

Last edited:
i did a presentation on jackie brown in college. talked about the sexism and what not. real solid film that no one really talks about.
love that film. french cinema in general is pretty sweet.
yup , i find myself getting lost in the visual and missing out on the subtitles alot , aesthetically pleasing film , with good pacing , good drama and makes you think at the end.....really happy i watched it .........

the algerian guys son in the elevator scene was chilling , just the way he got into the elevator and stared dude down ....i didnt know if he was gonna off himself like his pops or murk the other dude , neither happened ....but i'll be damned if i wasnt glued to the TV.

The Campaign was pretty funny... Typical Ferrell and Zack basically played Seth. Not great but decent enough.

ParaNorman... :pimp: Laika rocked that one. I will always have a place in my heart for stop-motion animation. Really great looking film.

The Campaign was pretty funny... Typical Ferrell and Zack basically played Seth. Not great but decent enough.
ParaNorman... :pimp: Laika rocked that one. I will always have a place in my heart for stop-motion animation. Really great looking film.

Paranorman was good. I've seen it twice now. I think I'd rate Coraline as a little better, but both are very good animated films.

Beasts of the Southern Wild... :pimp:

Balances between fantasy and reality really well. The vision, the atmosphere, the range of emotion... All incredible. I wish it pulled more out of a couple of things, but damn I loved this. Feels like one that's gonna stick with me a little bit.

Just watched Beasts of the southern wild with my girl after dude above mentioned it...

Damn. Very moving and touching film. Enjoyed it alot. That girl needs awards for her acting. Idk if I've ever seen a 5 year old act tht good in any movie. Specially one that never acted before...same for her father.

Glad hollywood didnt have there hands in this.

The whole bathtub theme didnt really catch on till the ending...then it all made sense.

Just watched The Grey. Thought it was decent. I wasn't too impressed but the final fifteen minutes were good :lol:

I just saw Jeff, Who Lives At Home (yeah late, pretty late on my whole 2012 movie list) and :smokin but :wow: @ it being co-directed(w/ his brother) by Mark Duplass, one of the dude from The League. Just caught me off guard at his wide range of talent. Reminds me of when I found out Charlie from Always Sunny was basically writing most of the eps for the show, next thing you know he'll be getting in the directing chair as well.

The movie was really strong. How grounded and realistic it was very appreciated. It hit typical story beats but the execution really has you ignore that once the story hooks you. All 3 stories. Ed Helms shines and as per usual Jason Segel excels in this kind of role where it goes from half way comedy to half way real life I'm not really acting this is how I'd really react in this situation. Makes a lost of sense that a lot of scenes was just improve leading to multiple duplicate scenes with the actual lines and them doing w/e.

Also got some nostaligia by watching The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs, and Traffic.

Oh and I peeped the Hunger Games out of boredom, and meh. It was confusing me with Jennifer Lawrence though. When I seen the trailer for Silver Linings for some reason I assumed she was older and had been acting in movies for at least 7 years now (must've confused her for another white actress, not thinking of her but is it me or does she look a bit like that Kemper chick on The Office? :nerd: ) so when I watched that I was like how is it even realistic she is playing some teenager about to fight for survival :lol:

Might try and watch Beautiful Kate when I get the chance.

Last edited:
is beasts on netflix? btw best decision in a while i made signing up for a membership. barely even turn on the cable anymore just for sports and to catch the big bang theory as i get ready for work.

i think they do , not sure for certain if they have it streaming though ....should be on redbox also

Last edited:
It's not on Instant.

And Mark Duplass is pretty awesome. Hilarious on The League, a good actor, and along with his brother I enjoy their directorial efforts. 

Saw Les Miserables today. I didn't have anything against Tom Hooper before this movie... King's Speech was good, don't think it was best picture worthy since it screamed "Oscar bait" and thought Social Network was more deserving... but DEAR GOD if I have to watch one more close up or dutch tilt I'm going to lose my mind. Literally 85% of the movie is filmed on an angle or a closeup of someone's face. Yes, I get the reasons for doing so, but it was way, way, way overused.

Songs were great. Jackman was strong, Crowe tried his best, Hathaway should win an Oscar, Seyfried was good, and overall enjoyable. It definitely dragged and I found myself getting bored here and there. It won't win over anyone who hates musical or Les Mis. But it's definitely worth a watch just for Hathaway. She's outstanding.

And Lawrence is only like 22. So she was a little old to be Katniss and a little young in Silver Linings Playbook. Luckily, she's a good enough actress it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom