Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Or a little sister. Nos, it's 7/10 just out of the hilarity of the reaction of these girls :lol: real tears.

Last edited:
I forgot all about Will Smith turning Django down.

With that said... :rofl:

But I wouldn't have even bothered seeing it if it was him. That dude is the worst.

Yea, as much as I understand how Quentin wanted to play against Will's type and trade on his persona as the most non-threatening (but not Wayne Brady oreo) black actor, it would've robbed the movie of a lot. Maybe when Quentin wrote Django, it'd make sense...coming off Pursuit of Happyness and I Am Legend, but Will's been proving that's he's mostly a cornball and that would've shined through now or looking back, I think.

Last edited:
It would Have been Will Smith in the movie. Not Will playing Django, but Will Smith the movie star. And likely it wouldn't have been the same

game change was pretty good , star's ed harris , woody harrelson and julian moore

it's about sarah palin and the choice to make her john mccain's running mate .....very solid and watchable

Last edited:
From that last batch of rentals I mentioned...
- Ted; brilliant, as previously mentioned
- Hanna; nice :smokin Her initial escape scene was extra bogus, though. :lol:
- Hangover 2; :stoneface: :smh: Out of 2 thumbs, I give it 3 down. Joint was wack as hell.
- Buried; really liked this. VERY bold ending, but also self-defeating. Why wasn't this more popular? Because of the last 30 seconds. I like where the director went, because that's real life, but that's not what people want to see. People go to the movies to escape real life.
- Savages; :smokin :smokin If I'm selling on Mark Wahlberg as a comedian, though, I'm also selling Salma Hayek as a kingpin.
- The Immortals; pretty cool, pretty cool :smokin
- In Time; Good watch. It was obviously reaching for a much deeper sociological meaning than it was able to execute, but I appreciate the effort nonetheless, especially the originality of the concept.
- Limitless; niiiiiiiiiiice :smokin :smokin But damn, a movie about a dude who parlays a gift into gaining wealth & women... but not one pair of fake ******* in the movie? I am disappoint. :smh:... ... :lol:
- Prometheus; awesome. :smokin
- Bridesmaids; Yoooo, that chick straight Lost. Her. MIND! :lol: Big *** chick was jokes. "Sorry. I'm not even confident which end that came out of." :lol:... :x

Thinking about my next batch being The Amazing Spiderman, Rum Diaries, Pitch Perfect, and probably 21 Jump Street.

Last edited:
You on vacation or somethin Ska? You plowin thru movies right there man. I'm jealous.

I got a couple on deck, prolly take me a month to sit and watch em. :smh: I nabbed Flight, This is 40, and Lincoln, and still have Cloud Atlas to take care of.

[quote name="CP"]You on vacation or somethin Ska? You plowin thru movies right there man. I'm jealous.[/quote]Unfortunately, I do have more time than I normally do. I'm a substitute teacher and I work in fast food in a college town; when school is out, I'm obviously not subbing anywhere, and there are no college kids to buy any fast food.

Damn, enjoy that bruh. That's awesome, I would love the time off.

I am at work, again, on New Year's Day, for like the 8th year in a row. We have year end audit's every year here and folks gotta come in and check my work. Fools be wastin all our time, been 100% for 7 years straight, **** is pointless. :lol:

I won't take my next vacation til April.....towards the end of the month.....week of the NFL draft in fact.......not that they are related or anything......far as you know.....

:wow:

:lol: :pimp:

I love me some NFL Draft vacations. Been doin it for like 10 years.

So CP, I know you have an opinion, but what's your Top 5 of 2012?

Also, on the subject of Django, what's everyone's thoughts on the soundtrack?

I loved the Django Theme (Roberto Fia), and all the old spaghetti western cues, but I'm still kind of indifferent about the Rick Ross and John Legend selections, moreso Rick Ross. I really like JL, so his song was alright, but I'm just not sure how I felt about the songs being in there.

Just published this on my site. Figured I'd share.

Happy New Year. As we bring in 2013, I guess it’s time to unveil my top 10 list.

As many others do, I keep track of every new film I watch, grade it, store it, write notes, and when the year is over I agonize over a top 10 list. I’m sure this list can be changed 100 times from me typing these words, to actually listing the top 10.

It’s been on of the best years in film as I’ve been blown away by action scenes, heartfelt dramas and amazing cinematography left and right.

This year atop my list, standing faaaar above the rest is unquestionably the best film I’ve seen this year and one of the best I’ve ever seen. I’ve been raving about it since I saw it about a month ago and audiences will get to catch it and be left speechless on January 11th, 2013.

When I saw Zero Dark Thirty I was prepared to be amazed. My expectations were through the roof and not only were they exceeded but left me utterly in disbelief of what I saw. Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal took one of the defining moments in our history and captured it in such a way that left me sweating and on the edge of my seat for over two hours.

Some other things to note about my list: Since the start of the year, my number one film has changed about 15 times, at one point it was Prometheus, then The Dark Knight Rises, The Master claimed the top spot for a few weeks and then even Skyfall. Films like Moonrise Kingdom, Safety Not Guaranteed, The Intouchables, and Beast of the Southern Wild (honorable mention) were the biggest surprises to me. Simply because I went into the year not knowing a thing about them, and ended up infatuated with all of them.

So without further ado, here is my list, I’ve checked it twice like Santa…actually I checked it about 1203 times but who is counting:

1. Zero Dark Thirty

2. Skyfall

3. Silver Linings Playbook

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. The Master

6. Life of Pi

7. Lawless

8. Moonrise Kingdom

9. Safety Not Guaranteed

10. The Intouchables

Honorable mentions: Prometheus, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Project X, Wreck-It Ralph, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Amour, Ruby Sparks, 21 Jump Street.

I'm going to write down some "movie goals" for the year. So much I haven't seen, particularly from the distant past (50s, 60s and even 70s), filmmakers like Bergman and Hitchcock and of course foreign cinema. First two stops are the filmspotting top 5 lists and imdb top 250. Where else would you look to compile such a list? I would love to have a set of around 52 movies for the year that have nothing to do with 2013. Crossing off 1 a week seems reasonable enough for me. Does anyone here have any set of movies, filmmakers' works or major works in a genre he'd love to finally see this year?

I'll try and post my list by this weekend. Maybe others will be inspired to do the same and post theirs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom