Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^
lolque? Son....

Just finished the Campaign, lot better than I expected. The washing machine joke almost killed me. :rofl:

Warrior was so freaking good. I can't wait to pick that up on Blu when the price drops.

What's ya take on the Alice and wonderland remake with depp?

I remember hearing how the movie is basically the chick tripped out on drugs

I stand by it. It was directed by Soderbergh, 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's also not 90 minutes of stripping with some story throw in at the end. It's a solid movie, and McConaghey was good in it.

And there's no full frontal if that's what the thought was

Last edited:
Django unchained was quality

But when I try to place it on the tarentino list it goes waaaaay towards the bottom. That's mostly a credit to him.

The acting was the best part of Django. Everyone nailed it, And leo stood out. One of his best roles.

I have to watch it again alone the audience was laughing too hard and too much for my tastes but im a snob

Hmm interesting. Felt Candie was more of a mysterious type that was heard of but only a select entourage really had the pleasure of preoccupying his time... and for that I prefer Leo.

Felt like the dentist needed to be older than Django, spreading his teachings as they went along on their journey's. Thought Waltz was good for that.

Both roles fit.

Last edited:
So yeah... Silver Linings Playbook.... outstanding.

Cooper was great, DeNiro was strong as the dad, Chris Tucker felt thrown in there and I would have preferred him to have a bigger role, but that's cool anyway. This needs to be in more theaters, I had to go to one further away than usual and it was packed... I had to sit in the 2nd row all the way to the side.

Jennifer Lawrence. Absolutely brilliant. She dominated every scene she was in. It was one of the more impressive examples of great screen presence I've seen in awhile. From her first introduction to her manic outbreaks to her delicate moments to the dancing... she excelled in every area. Just perfect.

A romantic comedy mixed with a dramedy about mental health, family, and sports. Definitely one of the bests, I'd say top 5 easily.

Has anyone seen Killing Them Softly?

Wanna know if it's worth the watch.
I haven't, but I've read good things. If you liked The Assassination of Jesse James, then you'll probably like it since it's the same director.

And yeah.. Skyfall was incredible.

Last edited:
Django Unchained

Before I forget to bring this up, QT naming the character Dr. King.......am I to believe that was merely a coincidence? Nothing ever is in that man's world.

For this instance, I wish I had no read the script. It took away all my surprise. And here's what tells me this movie was still amazing, I was still enthralled, edge of my seat, anxious, and excited for every single sequence. The man is artistically without peer. The ******* were setting dishes on the table, and the scenes were "beautiful". And I hate saying artsy stuffy crap like that about movies, like The Artist, etc. But when he does things, that's how I view it. Every detail, flawless. The way his characters annunciate their words, precisely, carefully, all of it I credit to Q. He misses nothing.

The man shot a scene from Jamie Foxx's nutsack, and it wasn't weird, or dirty, or forced, it somehow.....fit. I don't know how else ot give the guy credit than that.

Now, WHY we have to film a scene from a dudes teabag, that I don't know, but he did manage it, and made it seem to fit somehow. That's where the credit belongs.

Waltz. God damn. This guy has been one helluva gem for Tarantino to find. He was PERFECT as the sort of narrator for the movie, his dialogue was perfect, he set the tone, the way he always explained every detail like not coming out of the bar til he has the word of the Marshall that they will not be shot, asking for permission to reach into his coat, he took the time to deliver every single word with purpose. Fantastic.
Loved how he did not understand slavery, or even treat Django one iota less than himself, the only problem I did have was him admitting that unfortunately, because he needed Django's help, he was sort of, a servant to him. I wish QT could have re-worded that somehow, would have given King's character a more perfect, honest look at slaves. Treating them better than most whites is fine, but still using one for your purpose is not all that much different, ya know? And I felt like that blurred line could have been removed.

Speaking of removed, there was a bigger scene taken out of the script, when we first meet Candie, some other guy that fell in love with one of the pony's, and ultimately tries to take Candie down. I wonder why that part was removed, then he added the KKK wardrobe malfunction, which was hilarious. :lol:

Foxx was OUTSTANDING, and **** a Will Smith for bein a vag and not takin this role. Better for us. Foxx blends in so well. I imagine, if I saw Will, I would think Fresh Prince, or Bad Boys, or somethin. I looked at Foxx, and never once saw Ray, or Any Given Sunday, or Wanda, nothing. I saw Django. He played that part perfectly.

Watching Leo and Sam fuss back and forth was incredible, and maybe my favorite overall scene was after Sam yellin and cussin, he walks away, and Leo is sort of laughin to his lawyer, and says he's getting worse and worse out here, it looked so genuine, like it wasn't even Candie there, that was Leo takin a sec to laugh to himself how great Sam was doin. Sam was ALL OVER everybody in this movin, an annoying pain in the *** know it all, but he played it perfect. Leo was so smooth, damn near went back to his Titanic manners and speach patterns, you could tell he was just enjoying being there, conversing with King, dueling with Sam, you could see he was just having fun.

One scene I was not clear on, and I tried to watch it carefully, Leo actually cut his hand in the scene, for real? Or was that accidental? I couldn't tell, but Leo does in fact steal a glance at his hand, almost like "oh ****" and then just kept actin. Anyone know what that was about, he method actin that for some reason? :nerd:

Broomhilda was literally the only character wasted, which is a shock to me, given how great Tarantino is with female roles (usually). But she was nothing but a memory to Django the whole time, a ghost in a field. Her lines were meaningless, the only part she had with any feel was of course the whipping scene, and that.........was hard to watch. That scene, you could feel how horrible that era must have been. I saw someone mention something about forcing Django to look at her back, as a way of saying that we should all look "back" at that era, and learn from our mistakes, if that is truly what he intended, and again, nothing he does is ever coincidence imo, then that was a great way at doing it.

The last half hour, I laughed when it all began. From Django Til Dawn broke out, minus the vamps, but once again he goes from normal outstanding movie with dialogue and sets, and incredible acting, and breaks it down to a gunfight where gallons of blood shoot into midair from a single gunshot wound. :lol: I swear he does it to **** with critics. I'm me, I can do what I want ************! :lol:

I look forward to landin this on Blu Ray, and really learning all the nuances I am sure that I missed. At some point, I will sit thru all QT, and really rank how they fit. But it is clear, this man is the best. He never wastes a scene, he ALWAYS gets the best from his cast, and visually, he is above anyone, even with all their computers and CGI, he does it real. And better.

I damn near want them to give him Star Wars, let him imagine some scenery, and let him introduce blood to the galaxy, he damn near would do it better than anyone else, I'd bet anything on it.

Movies I saw in 2012:
The Grey
Haywire
The 5 Year Engagement
Project X
The Vow
Wanderlust
21 Jump Street
Goon
The Cabin in the Woods
Avengers
Prometheus
The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
Ted
Trouble With The Curve
Argo
The Master
Lincoln
Django Unchained

Top 5:
The Master
Django Unchained
The Dark Knight Rises
Argo
21 Jump Street

Top 5 of 2012 that I saw:

1) TKDR
2) Flight
3) 21 Jump St.
4) Ted
5) Avengers

Haven't made it to see Django yet :frown:

Has anyone seen Killing Them Softly?
Wanna know if it's worth the watch.

watched it today and I hated it. Thought it was boring and had an absurd political undertone that Domenik for whatever reason felt needed to be there. Very disappointed even though Scoot McNairy is a great up and coming actor

One scene I was not clear on, and I tried to watch it carefully, Leo actually cut his hand in the scene, for real? Or was that accidental? I couldn't tell, but Leo does in fact steal a glance at his hand, almost like "oh ****" and then just kept actin. Anyone know what that was about, he method actin that for some reason?
It was during one take of that scene when DiCaprio unintentionally slammed his hand into glass, creating a gash that later required medical care.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-...l-blood-django-unchained-scene-201237591.html

I'm pretty sure there was a cut/break in the scene between the time DiCaprio slams his hand and rubs it on Washington's face. Because if there wasn't, then that's pretty insane of DiCaprio to rub his blood on another person's face in the moment, and shouldn't be praised at all. But I think there was and reading replies on reddit seems to confirm a break in the shot.

Every year I keep track of all the movies I watch by month. This year was a dow year, only 159 new films seen. Was hoping to break 200. For those curious here it is:

January

1st: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 9/10
2nd: Lars and the Real Girl - 7/10
3rd: The Sitter - 5/10
4th: Young Adult - 6/10
5th: The Descendants 5/10
6th: The Help - 8.5/10
7th: The Artist - 9/10
8th: Man on a Ledge - 8/10
9th: The Grey - 7/10

February

1st: The Iron Lady - 5/10
2nd: A Dangerous Method - 6/10
3rd: Chronicle - 8/10
4th: Safe House - 4/10
5th: Martha Marcy May Marlene - 6/10
6th: Project X - 8.5/10
7th: Goon - 6/10

March

1st: ATM - 2/10
2nd: Brake - 8/10
3rd: Take Shelter - 7/10
4th: The Rum Diary - 8/10
5th: 21 Jump Street - 8.5/10
6th: Friends With Kids - 8/10
7th: All In: The Poker Movie - 9/10
8th: The Cincinnati Kid - 8/10
9th: Haywire - 3/10
10: Detachment - 8/10
11: The Hunger Games - 7/10
12: Glengary Glen Ross - 6/10
13: Rampart - 5/10
14: Croupier - 6/10

April

1st: The Big Lebowski - 6/10
2nd: American Reunion - 5/10
3rd: Like Crazy - 9/10
4th: Contraband - 6/10
5th: My Week With Marilyn - 8/10
6th: The Cabin in the Woods - 6/10
7th: Hysteria - 7/10
8th: The Darkest Hour - 4/10
9th: 96 Minutes - 5/10
10th: Awakenings - 8/10
11th: The Avengers - 8/10
12: Five-Year Engagement - 5/10

May

1st: Chasing 3000 - 7/10
2nd: This Means War - 7.5/10
3rd: Network - 8/10
4th: Dark Shadows - 6.5/10
5th: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 6/10
6th: Bruno - 6/10
7th: Vicky Cristina Barcelona - 6.5/10
8th: The Dictator - 8/10
9th: Fish Tank - 7/10
10th: About Schmidt - 5/10
11th: The Magic Life - 8/10
12th: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 4/10
13th: Field of Dreams - 7/10
14th: Monster - 6/10

June

1st: Snow White and The Huntsman - 5/10
2nd: Justin Beiber: Never Say Never - 7/10
3rd: The Natural - 7/10
4th: Serpico - 8/10
5th: Prometheus - 9/10
6th: Jeff, Who Lives at Home - 6/10
7th: Dog Day Afternoon - 8/10
8th: Shutter Island - 7/10
9th: Make Believe - 7/10
10th: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - 6/10
11th: Rock of Ages - 9/10

July

1st: Being Flynn - 6/10
2nd: Ted - 6/10
3rd: The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.5/10
4th: Cocktail - 5/10
5th: Savages - 5/10
6th: Collateral - 8/10
7th: Risky Business - 6/10
8th: The Sixth Sense - 5/10
9th: The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
10th: The Watch - 5/10
11th: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - 4/10
12th: Casablanca - 5/10
13th: Quiz Show - 8/10

August

1st: Total Recall (1990) - 6.5/10
2nd: The Newest Pledge - 4/10
3rd: Total Recall (2012) - 6/10
4th: The Tall Man - 7/10
5th: The Bourne Legacy - 3/10
6th: Bachelorette - 6/10
7th: The Campaign - 5/10
8th: Jaws 9/10
9th: Celeste and Jesse Forever - 6/10
10th: Bernie - 2/10
11th: The Expendables 2 - 6.5/10
12th: Rio - 6/10
13th: Battleship - 5/10
14th: Good Morning Vietnam - 6/10
15th: 2 Days in New York - 7/10
16th: Love Actually - 8/10
17th: The Deer Hunter - 6/10
18th: Mad Max (1979) - 3/10
19th: The Tourist - 4/10
20th: Salmon Fishing in Yemen - 6/10
21st: Attack the Block - 5/10
22nd: Star Trek (2009) - 7/10
23rd: Annie Hall - 6/10
24th: Pelican Brief - 5/10
25th: Red - 6.5/10
26th: Lawless - 8.5/10

September

1st: The Master - 8.5/10
2nd: Passion - 3/10
3rd: The Bay - 6.5/10
4th: Hyde Park on Hudson - 8/10
5th: For a Good Time Call... 6/10
6th: Trouble with the Curve - 7/10
7th: 3,2,1...Frankie Go Boom - 4/10
8th: End of Watch - 8/10
9th: Walk the Line - 7/10
10th: Punch Drunk Love 3/10
11th: Butter - 7/10
12th: Looper - 6.5/10
13th: Life of Pi - 9/10
14th: Leviathan - 1/10
15th: Red Lights - 5/10
16th: Pitch Perfect - 8/10

October

1st: The Sessions - 8/10
2nd: Holy Motors - 5/10
3rd: Not Fade Away - 8/10
4th: Amour - 8/10
5th: Taken 2 - 5/10
6th: Smashed - 8.5/10
7th: Argo - 8/10
8th: Safety Not Guaranteed - 9/10
9th: Flight - 8.5/10
10th: Cloud Atlas - 7.5/10
11th: Moonrise Kingdom - 9/10
12th: Killer Joe - 6/10

November

1st: Wreck-It Ralph - 9/10
2nd: Skyfall - 9.5/10
3rd: Lay the Favorite - 3/10
4th: Silver Linings Playbook - 9/10
5th: Deadfall - 4/10
6th: 10 Years - 8/10
7th: The Raid: Redemption - 7/10
8th: I Heart Huckabee's - 3/10
9th: Insomnia - 7/10
10th: Lincoln - 7/10

December

1st - The Deep Blue Sea - 2/10
2nd - The Imposter - 6/10
3rd - Compliance - 3/10
4th - Beasts of the Southern Wild - 8.5/10
5th - Zero Dark Thirty - 10/10
6th - This is 40 - 7.5/10
7th - The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 8.5/10
8th - The Intouchables - 9/10
9th - The Words - 4/10
10th - Mansome - 7/10
11th - Jack Reacher - 4/10
12th - Django Unchained - 8/10
13th - Les Miserables - 5/10
14th - Promised Land - 3/10
15th - Killing Them Softly - 4/10

One scene I was not clear on, and I tried to watch it carefully, Leo actually cut his hand in the scene, for real? Or was that accidental? I couldn't tell, but Leo does in fact steal a glance at his hand, almost like "oh ****" and then just kept actin. Anyone know what that was about, he method actin that for some reason?

It was during one take of that scene when DiCaprio unintentionally slammed his hand into glass, creating a gash that later required medical care.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-...l-blood-django-unchained-scene-201237591.html

I'm pretty sure there was a cut/break in the scene between the time DiCaprio slams his hand and rubs it on Washington's face. Because if there wasn't, then that's pretty insane of DiCaprio to rub his blood on another person's face in the moment, and shouldn't be praised at all. But I think there was and reading replies on reddit seems to confirm a break in the shot.

Ok, so it was an accident then, thank goodness.

Yeah, there was a cut, no question, I do not think he would rub his real blood in her face, he's not that crazy. :lol:

I wonder if after he cut his hand, that's when they came up with the idea of rubbing his hand in her face. Sounds like something Tarantino would do.

Movies I viewed in 2012.

Haywire
Man on a Lege
Chronicle
The Vow
This Means War
Ghost Rider 2
Wanderlust
Friends With Kids
21 JumpStreet
The Raid
Hunger Games
Wrath of the Titans
American Reunion
Cabin in the Woods
Avengers
Dictator
Battleship
What to Expect when You're Expecting
MIB III
Snow White and the Huntsman
Prometheus
Rock of Ages
Ted
Spiderman 3
Savages
TDKR
Step Up 4
The Watch
Total Recall
The Campaign
Expendables 2
End of Watch
Looper
Argo
Cloud Atlas
The Man with the Iron Fists
Skyfall
Lincoln
This is 40
Django Unchained
Dredd
Resident Evil 52

And I have about 3-4 on thumb drive I need to get to in the next day or so. I think I am missing a couple, or wait, I am, I'll add them......

venom: never knew you had a daughter. Good times. :smokin

I mean, that's why you've seen Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, right?

Right?

Back
Top Bottom