Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's Oscar season so lets hand out some kudos! I wrote a piece just now on my Top 5 Overachieving Films of 2012. If anyone wants to read about it it's here -http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2sN

My list is as follows.

1. The Master
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. The Intouchables
4. Ruby Sparks
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Damn, I didn't even realize Gatsby got bumped. :wow:

Oh well, just makes 2013 deeper then. I'm still holding out hope that it works out.

2013 looks like a fun year for popcorn movies, and sequels. :lol: But Sci-Fi wise, it's a massive year. Plus 4 comic movies, and Fast 6. :smokin :lol:

The song on the trailer was so weird.

Anyone seen Salmon Fishing In The Yemen? With Ewan and Emily Blunt. Started watching it, got an hour in and couldn't finish it for whatever reason. Not because it wasn't solid, but just had something come up.

I saw Salmon fishing. It was fine. Did wow me, didn't kill me... it was fine.

Saw Ruby Sparks today.. I loved it. Particularly since I'm interested and notice the manic pixie dream girl trope whenever it pops up, it was cool to see the movie challenge the ideal and do it in an interesting way. Zoe Kazan as Ruby was excellent and I've grown to like Paul Dano each time I see him.

Alright. You guys' queen, Anna Kendrick, is starting to grow on me.

Last edited:
She's empirically awesome. A talented actress who can do dramatic roles (Up in the Air), comedic roles (Pitch Perfect, Scott Pilgrim), dramedy (50/50), and she's a great singer (nominated for a Tony Award at 12). She reads reddit, funny in interviews, and really cute and attractive. Absurdly talented and cool.

Ehhhh....that's more fair than Emilia Clarke and Seth MacFarlane. :smh:

Iono, I liked Anna in Up In The Air, but then all of the sudden, her and Emma Stone are everyone's favorite everything.

They put that crown on quick, these days. :lol:

She was perfect for End of Watch, though. :smokin

Last edited:
I saw Ruby Sparks maybe two weeks ago.

Big Paul Dano fan. My girl loved it; I liked it. It had some indie magic, but it wasn't undeniably endearing or anything.

Zoe Kazan really annoyed me. Come to find out she wrote it. Whatever. :lol:

Last edited:
My closing argument for Anna Kendrick..
“We were doing this road trip to Vegas and [writer-director David Ayers] was just [occasionally] filming. We spent five hours in the car so there were plenty of times when it was just the three of us talking. Then that song came on Jake’s iPod and we just started singing and David very stealthily brought out his camera … It’s not like he asked us to play that song again and do it again, it just happened, he filmed it, and now it’s in the movie. And luckily they could clear that song. The music supervisor was sweating it for a second.”[table][tr][td]—[/td][td]
Anna Kendrick on rapping to ‘Hey Ma ‘with Jake Gyllenhaal
[/td][/tr][/table]
She sung along to Hey Ma on her own and without direction. I rest my case.

I don't and probably will never see the Amber Heard hype.

She stood out in the Rum Diary but other than that, I've never been impressed. Maybe her character in Pineapple Express ruined her for me.

Then again, I think Blake Lively is an average blonde chick. So who am I to talk?

Amber Heard is gorgeous and seems pretty cool from what I've read. She just hasn't been in any great (or even good) roles, so she's just kind of there. I've seen most of her movies and she's a fine actress, just hasn't gotten quality parts.

Blake Lively is extra average. Amber Heard, though...she does a lot of corny movies, but she's head to toe :evil: and strips down in half of em, so :\

And Emmy Rossum in Shameless :wow: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom