Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just want to express my appreciation for the movie Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin. Its one of those movies I always watch (at least in part), when it comes on. Not the funniest movie or the best acted, but it just works, at least IMO. Definitely my favorite post-1980s Eddie Murphy movie.

Just want to express my appreciation for the movie Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin. Its one of those movies I always watch (at least in part), when it comes on. Not the funniest movie or the best acted, but it just works, at least IMO. Definitely my favorite post-1980s Eddie Murphy movie.

Easily in the top 3 of my favorite movies :pimp:

Easily in the top 3 of my favorite movies :pimp:

I actually retract my statement about the acting. Everyone in it is good. Martin actually does a really good job playing more of the straight man to Eddie's character. But all the other Camp 8 prisoners are good-Bernie Mack, Guy Torry, Bokeem Woodbine, even Anthony Anderson-all do just what they're supposed to do.

I'm the pappy!

There's gonna be consequences and reprocussions (sp)

I want yo cornbread

:lol:

Eddie was outstanding in this one. Very underrated film.

^^^ Interesting. I might see it. But more than likely, I'll just catch the good lesbian scenes on Youtube after it releases.

Been watching a lot of Dragon Ball Z lately since I never saw it front to back, and it's excellent. So well written with such great themes (the importance of honoring one's bravery, sacrifice, etc) and even character development. Not gonna lie I almost a shed a tear when Piccolo jumped in front of Gohan against the Sayians.

I mean, Rachel McAdams has done a love story with just about every actor in Hollywood, miaswell move onto chicks now. :lol:

I like Rapace, but for that movie, gimme Scarlett please. Rachel and Scarlett fuzz bumpin would be splendid theatre I would think.

DBZ is awesome I've had the series on my external for years. Still haven't gotten through it all but I've prob seen a third.I heard the real version is much more brutal and better

Wow...DBZ used to be my soap opera...I remember when dude started making his spirit bomb. You could book the next 10 episodes would be him standing there *****ing about how it ain't ready yet. :lol: It's crazy though...I remember all the characters so vividly. Slow as the show would move, every part of it was so good. Cell and the Androids. :smokin

And that movie Tree of Life was the most awesome thing I could've imagined when I was a kid. :smokin

charging that spirit bomb for half the saga and it doesn't even defeat frieza :lol:

i wanna watch a movie today, preferably something i haven't yet seen. thinking about maybe Another Earth. anyone watch it before? worthwhile?

i watched the first half hour and got bored. changed it. But I think i was expecting a sci fi movie. I would give it a chance just gotta be in the mood. it wasn't bad or anything just didnt grab me but read the plot maybe it will for you.

I don't like the main chick in Another Earth at all...Brit Marling.

She's my new Kirsten Dunst. I hate her face and all the things she does with it.

She was on Community for an episode.. So that puts her ahead of Dunst. But Dunst sucks so I agree with that.

Was bored and saw Premium Rush today.. Surprisingly decent. Michael Shannon played a good over the top villain, JGL was solid as usual, Dania Ramirez was looking good, and they managed to make the bike chases really exciting and well done. The driving force of the story was a little shaky, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Saw Real Steel today. Damn that was bad. That lil kid annoyed the **** out of me. Seeing Lily's face makes my Kate hate rise again. I really feel bad for Jackman the most though. Not that anyone else compares them but I do look at how much his and Bale's careers are parting since the last Wolverine movie sucked (hope the next is actually good) and his side movies like this one are trash while Bale has a good track record even though that last Terminator flick wasn't great.

BASKETBALL off topss
movie - in order, friday night lights, jumper, scott pilgrim, and definitely maybe, prolly more, oh and ramona & beezus, haha yee
books - the alchemist.
tv shows - don't know, there's a lot of good shows. cartoons go though :tongue:

Speaking of 'terrible, so bad': saw Expendables 2 tonight.

:stoneface:

G/f is a huge Statham fan. And I picked last time (TDKR).

Movie was... ... ... :stoneface:

Seeing Lily's face makes my Kate hate rise again.
Don't get me started]

I really feel bad for Jackman the most though. Not that anyone else compares them but I do look at how much his and Bale's careers are parting since the last Wolverine movie sucked (hope the next is actually good) and his side movies like this one are trash while Bale has a good track record even though that last Terminator flick wasn't great.
Funny thing is, Terminator: Salvation sucking was Bale's fault. It was a good movie for half of it, but then Bale went and *****ed to the director. He's like...hmm...it looks like I'm only in the movie for 10 or 15 minutes...and then I'm supposed to die?? **** that...double my screentime, let me live and open it up so I can be that dude in the next movie. Completely ****** the narrative. :smh:

Sam Worthington is still bland, but bland really worked for this role.

And it sucks letting McG off the hook...I mean he calls himself McG.....but T4 is Bale's fault.

Speaking of 'terrible, so bad': saw Expendables 2 tonight.
:stoneface:
G/f is a huge Statham fan. And I picked last time (TDKR).
Movie was... ... ... :stoneface:

I'm sorry, but I HATE your taste in movies. I really do. :lol:

I fricking loved the Expendables 2.

THAT'S how I want my cartoon movies to be. Of course I want JCVD to kick a knife into a guys chest. Of course I want Chuck Norris making a Chuck Norris joke in his own movie. Of course I want Dolph Lundgren to be a loafing idiot who's actually a genius (as he is in real life, dude has two Chemistry degrees). Of course I want Arnold, Bruce, and Sly to poke fun at their characters from other films they were in. Of course I want guys getting torn to shreds by bullets from all of my favorite childhood action heroes.

Why?

Because this is the only movie since then that I've seen them kick ***.

If you're looking for a thinkings man film, of course this ain't it. This is pure popcorn fun. This is how I want the GI Joe film to be.

What exactly were you expecting?

2012 has been all hits for me man. I know yall don't like a lot of the films I loved, but I couldn't be happier for how the first 8 months of this year of film have gone.

Here's my watch-list from 2012 (theaterical releases only, I've caught up on a ton of other stuff from other years).

The Devil Inside- Terrible.
Chronicle- Excellent.
The Hunger Games- Eh.
The Raid: Redemption: ******g amazing.
American Reunion- Decent.
The Cabin in the Woods- Excellent.
The Avengers- Excellent.
Men in Black 3- Decent.
Prometheus- Excellent.
Ted- Good.
The Amazing Spider-Man- Good.
The Dark Knight Rises- Excellent.
Hope Springs- Good.
The Campaign- Decent.
Expendables 2- Excellent.

Now, I know you all will disagree a lot with some of those, but that's how I've felt about this year in film.

I'm still interested in checking out Cosmopolis, maybe Premium Rush, Looper, Seven Psychopaths, Paranormal 4, Chasing Mavericks (only because I was around the set for part of the film :lol: ), The Man with the Iron Fists, Wreck it Ralph, Skyfall, Lincoln, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Jack Reacher, This is 40, and of course Django.

If I had to settle for three movies to finish the year, I'd have to go with Hobbit, Django, and Wreck it Ralph. I'm really looking forward to Wreck it Ralph, I'm a sucker for anything related to video game and films (Tron: Legacy, Scott Pilgrim, etc. :lol: ). I'm also really interested to see where Paranormal 4 goes. I loved part 3, but from the trailers I'm not too intrigued. I really can't wait for The Hobbit though. Peter Jackson man, those films...

I don't know if Nowitness is still around, but if you are, are you thinking of upgrading when The Avengers box set comes out? I'm torn. On the one hand I have all of them already (including 40/10000 for Iron Man 2 steelbook), but on the other hand, there are some extras in the upcoming box set not available anywhere else, and I've loved what Marvel has put out the past 3-4 years and if it's decent enough in price I might be willing to give them my money.

I mean, Rachel McAdams has done a love story with just about every actor in Hollywood, miaswell move onto chicks now. :lol:
I like Rapace, but for that movie, gimme Scarlett please. Rachel and Scarlett fuzz bumpin would be splendid theatre I would think.

Am I mistaken, or is the main antagonist in this film Rapace? If she is, I just can't see Scarlett getting down like that. I can't see Scarlett being that dark. Noomi I definitely can.

Back
Top Bottom