Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah I guess Daryl did fall back into a shell last ep, but I'll allow it since he spent like 1310 episodes searching for a dead little girl that he cared about. He's just going through the aftermath, the whole 'I wasn't good enough' thing and all that. I'm sure he'll get outta that soon; he's one of the few characters who've been fleshed out into an actual person thus far, and I have no doubt he'll be back into BadAss Mode soon.

Maggie... she's hot so she gets a pass
laugh.gif
Dunno if she's really important enough to be upset about. I mean, she's been around for 9 episodes as a background character, more or less. Only 2 or 3 episodes where she's been all upset with Glenn. But that last scene with Glenn/her seemed like she understands where the guy's coming from now.

Again, I have faith that those 2 characters, out of anyone else that's been written into a trap, will be back to being characters we love.

Cant wait for the showdown next week. Rick needs to take the next step into the downward spiral, and +*%++%% Shane up would be the perfect way to do it (since Rick saved that one kid tonight.. what a perfect chance to write him into a darker role
30t6p3b.gif
)

Saw Red for the first time, cliche but decent movie for old timers, sort of a victory lap for theses old folk. Nothing great, never see it again, rewatched Fight Club tonight as well.......such a mind @#$%. Pitt is amazing in that role tho, didn't really think much of Norton however, maybe because I've seen him so much better in other movies like Primal Fear or American History X or Rounders, this one is him so much that he loses his voice and Pitt becomes the one you listen too. Strange, really only 3 characters in the whole movie, everyone else is only 5-7 minute cameos, Pitt is great, Norton and Helena are only meh but the movie is effortless and carries you. Maybe that's a credit to how great Norton is, given its not his best work, the whole film follows him and its still great. Just done so damn well. Too bad you only get the reveal one time, I remember being in awe the first time I saw it.

If Rick %#%!# up Shane the same way Shane !#*$*% up that dude from the first season, it will be glorious.
pimp.gif

I sure hope they do too. That's the only way to do it, brutal.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

This episode of Eastbound and Down is some of the funniest !+%* I've seen in awhile.

I canceled HBO after Entourage ended.

I'm @!#@$@@ out. 
30t6p3b.gif

Kill all of them...srsly...kill everyone on the show and start fresh.
Shane and Rick weren't bad, but you know it's coming.
Maggie can stay, maybe Glen and that's it.

Try and tell me Rene for 5 minutes last week wasn't better than everyone on the show.

That zombie coming through the windshield was awesome.
Great character arc and acting. Really good writing for that part.
Everyone else was muff cabbage.

....where does Laurie rank in terrible female protagonists?
She's worse than Jack Bauer's daughter and David Palmer's wife on 24 were.
worse than Kate and Claire were on Lost.
worse than early Tara on Sons of Anarchy.
worse than Whitney Cummings.
worse than Laguerta, Lyla AND Rita on Dexter.
worse than Olivia Munn on The Daily Show.
worse than Skylar on Breaking Bad.
worse than the women of The Killing?

I mean...outside of a reality show or something no one expects #!@% out of anyways, she's gotta be the worst female on TV right now.

I've never spent more time watching a TV series that had literally zero likable characters for two full seasons now... I can't figure out why I'm still watching, but I keep coming back every week.

Eastbound & Down
laugh.gif

Didn't even realize that I missed this show until 2 minutes in and Jason Sudeikis. It was hard looking at John Hawkes the same after Martha Marcy. But just every part of this episode...I need to catch this on time.

NT Film Awards Prestige Films

THE ARTIST
THE DESCENDANTS
THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE
DRIVE
50/50
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
THE HELP
THE GUARD
HUGO
THE IDES OF MARCH
MARGIN CALL
MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE
MELANCHOLIA
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
MONEYBALL
TAKE SHELTER
TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY
THE TREE OF LIFE
WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN
YOUNG ADULT

NT Film Awards Popcorn Films

ATTACK THE BLOCK
BEGINNERS
BRIDESMAIDS
CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE.
FAST FIVE
HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL
RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
13 ASSASSINS
WARRIOR
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS

The Descendants
Martha Marcy May Marlene
50/50
The Ides of March
Moneyball

Bridesmaids
Attack the Block
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Hobo with a Shotgun

If I see any others before everyone else is done voting, I'll edit.

Prestige Award (top 4)
Drive
The Artist
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Margin Call

Popcorn Award
13 Assassins
Attack the Block
Hobo w/ a Shotgun
Mission Impossible 4

Chris Paul Award
Ryan Gosling

Bostrich Award
Marion Collitard

Best Single Performance (Male)
Jean Dujardin

B.S.P. (Female)
Rooney Mara

Supporting Actor
Albert Brooks

Supporting Actress
Shailene Woodley

Best Director
Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive)

Best Screenplay
J.C. Chandor (Margin Call)

my nominations

Prestige

Drive
The Tree of Life
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Midnight In Paris
The Help
Moneyball
The Descendants
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Devil's Double
The Ides of March
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
We Need to Talk About Kevin
The Guard

(haven't seen Artist, 50/50, Hugo, Margin Call, Take Shelter or Young Adult)

Popcorn

13 Assassins
Hobo with a Shotgun
Attack The Block
Fast Five
Warrior
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Bridesmaids
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
X-Men: First Class
Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Ides of March
Margin Call
Moneyball
Drive
The Descendants
The Devil's Double
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Tinker........

Gonna try for at least 2 more of those this week, will slot if/when get to them. 

Bridesmaids
X-Men First Class
Fast Five
Crazy Stupid Love
Warrior
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Mission Impossible

Haven't seen Hobo, Attack or 13, see if I locate any of them this week and will adjust. 

Thursday's episode of The Office was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

I've been steadily consistent with the message: Yeah, it's not as good as it was and Michael's gone, but it's still pretty clever.

Thursday's was a train wreck.

And yes, a few people still do watch The Office.

I haven't been able to successfully get someone to watch community. I love the show.

The office has been good enough every other week this season. Writing wasn't ever that strong. It was always about the characters. I don't feel like they try anymore. Nothing outside of the box.

The meatball open was great lol

30 rock is the best NBC show

Community comes back March 15 if I'm not mistaken it will be replacing Parks and Rec as the season will be over.

I don't even know what Community is, but I looked at that March 15 link, and saw this on the right, all that matters......

On last night’s episode of HBO’s Luck, there was a hypnotic horse race approximately halfway through the hour. For a brief moment, all of the elements that had been in disparate play throughout David Milch’s newest endeavor coalesced in a haunting, nonverbal sequence in which the race itself united the denizens of the Santa Anita racetrack. It was thrilling. It was emotional. And it was basically the first thing to happen in the show’s short run.

HBO justly gets credit for pushing the medium of television forward. Broadly speaking, you can pinpoint the start of the modern TV era with The Sopranos, a show wildly hailed for taking a novelistic approach to the small screen. Back then, the word “novelistic

It's two totally different experiences for sure.

I notice it with Boardwalk Empire, mostly because it's co-created by a former Sopranos exec/writer Terence Winter. There were eps that were clearly meant for the overall vision of the season, and as a stand alone episode.. it was severely lacking. I can appreciate it because there were plenty of episodes of the Sopranos that were more important long term than as an individual episode.. but a show doing that can be really risky if the fans don't buy into a greater vision.

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad can give you a thrilling and exciting episode that still impacts the season/series story. I watched the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad and caught up. Then watching season 4 on a weekly basis was much more rewarding each week.

HBO really changed the TV game by essentially bringing the film experience to the small screen. OZ, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire.. all brought huge themes, stories, dozens of characters, and raised the bar technically for TV. The problem is forgetting you're still on TV. You have to give the viewer a reason each week to come back and do so without compromising whatever your overall story/vision might be.

30 rock is as new York a show as you can get so I'm sure that's why I like it better than parks and rec

Parks and rec is great though. Ron especially

Season 2 of eastbound and down was hilarious. Great Hispanic adventure

Back
Top Bottom