Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Don't worry about it, just let it happen.
laugh.gif

You spelled awesome wrong.

"You know how I know your (|)'s wet ... cuz my ____'s thirsty."

Lines like ^...the schoolbus full of kids...the hospital...Santa...

"When life gives you razor blades, you make a baseball bat… covered in razor blades."

laugh.gif

Maaaan Hobo was so far off the gad damn wall it was unbelievable... My mind was blown.

Watched Take Shelter tonight... Michael Shannon is a great actor.

Re-watched Boiler Room.....Ben Affleck NAILED his role, and Ribisi was outstanding. Not quite Wall Street, but a very solid stepchild. Now re-checkin Usual Suspects, one of the greats of all time. Benico is so damn underated its tragic. EVERY role in this movie is fantastic. This and Scream always come to mind for me as absolute originals, complete top to bottom perfections out of nowhere.

Super late pass but I finally got around to watching Scarface
laugh.gif

Long movies usually have me
grin.gif
but I was hooked the whole time... Loved it.
pimp.gif

I really liked Boiler Room.. but I felt like it was a rough draft. Another run through and it would be a much better movie. Don't quite know if that makes sense, but that's just the vibe I got from it.

I also like Vin Diesel, so that makes the movie even better.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Martha Marcy May Marlene. Wonderful. Elizabeth Olsen is a star.

Thanks for the link, pal.

Edit:

Spoiler [+]
Absolutely my kind of movie. Real. It almost played like a doc, it was so real. Dismissive for some, but not me.

Nothing was simple or pleasant, but not for shock value or cheap thrills. It was ambiguous, but not empty.

The final minute was perfect, I thought. She clearly feared going back, but was it her only option? She could explain everything to her sister during the ride, but she sat there in fear and silence. A teacher and a leader, she was not. Simply taught and led.

And just to state the obvious, plenty of Manson Family elements, which was gripping in its own right.

Also loved it. Very tense build up throughout, great pacing, Elizabeth Olsen and her *******, all of it was great. Great movie.

Spoilers ahead:
Regarding the final minute... I loved the ending, but I HATED that it ended
laugh.gif
Like, the tension just kept building and I was waiting for her to have a freak out, and start explaining, and just have a big family-breakthrough moment... or a showdown w/ John Hawkes... but to no avail
tired.gif
Good call with the teacher/leader thing. And it ended with us not knowing what was truly happening. Did she really see John Hawkes out on the other bank? Was the guy following them a cult member? UGH! 
mad.gif
Need answers! Gonna be thinking about this movie for a while.

I caught that Manson family element too. The break-ins were very creepy. The point when that one girl popped up behind the guy in his house was intense/creepy/disturbing/etc. John Hawkes did an amazing job as the family leader.

Spoiler [+]
I think it was really someone from the cult following them. If the movie had continued on, I feel like it would have went something like this:

She says nothing to her sister in the car. Once they get to where they were going (psychologist, right?), there is either a confrontation with whichever one was following them or not, but regardless, she ends up going back with him. Maybe he waits for the sister and her husband to leave, or maybe they meet and Martha tells them he's the boyfriend. Her sister has essentially given up on her, so she probably doesn't question her leaving with him like she might have earlier on.
And yes, *******. I think she is stupid adorable. Looking forward to seeing more of her in the future.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Big J, question......A Man Apart? Your thoughts?
Haven't seen it. But I see it has Vin Diesel in it.. so it will be watched soon.

I've always been a fan of those cathartic...cinematography driven films (even sometimes ignoring the plot they tried to put together). Those are my go-to's. I dunno, i got a hard time rewatching anything, even stuff I love, but those...like Baraka and Koyanistyiaoshtus, even Sunshine and The Fountain. Those visually and sometimes sonically stunning, floaty...emotion or idea driven movies.

Long story....just finished watching The Tree of Life again. I could watch a 4-hr cut of that, easy.
smokin.gif

Gonna try and get Martha in before Linsanity.
Then do that other stuff I been meaning to.
nerd.gif

Finally got around to watching Thor, (has been on my laptop for months) surprisingly good movie.

This is the second time a comic book based movie has exceeded my expectations with X-Men First Class being the first.

Gonna watch Captain America this week to see if the same holds true for that movie.

I almost forgot just how absurd Eastbound and Down is.

Life's Too Short was pretty funny, too. Definite potential.

Watching The Walking Dead replay now.

new york sports have been insane the last month taht i havent finished a whole movie

my attention span been pretty bad

Yawn.

Maybe I'm just short-changing characters living through a zombie apocalypse, but this !+%* sucks.

Now the daughter is getting all self-righteous on Hershel, and Daryl looks like he's back to being an intolerable, insecure redneck. Add them to the list.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Yawn.

Maybe I'm just short-changing characters living through a zombie apocalypse, but this !+%* sucks.

Now the daughter is getting all self-righteous on Hershel, and Daryl looks like he's back to being an intolerable, insecure redneck. Add them to the list.

Not yet. They had like one emotional scene tonight
laugh.gif
Beginning started strong, then the entire show just hit pause and stalled out until the end. Rick and Shane better throw hella punches next episode; Rick needs to deal with him once and for all. Cant let that wife-smashing, back-stabbing, overly-emotional d bag run around unchecked anymore.

Hey, Maggie was the same way with Glenn when Hershel seemingly evicted the Atlanta group. Is him really being unsure about starting a marry little life with you and your father during the end of the world really that ridiculous?

Daryl started to regress last week, too. I feel like that will keep on, and the whole inferior, "they hate me" mindset will return.

I liked Daryl up until this point, even last season too.

The rest of the story is looking relatively dull, but Rick during that last scene,
eek.gif
!! Wow. Him and Shane are going to go at it full-on by seasons end, and I don't think one will make it out by the end of the season. Rick looked RUTHLESS in that last scene.

Back
Top Bottom