Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I love Let Me In, more than the og. So well made and composed.

Beautiful film, if you take it on its own.
smokin.gif

I'm a big Woody Allen fan, it's one of his best... and his best in recent time.

I did miss having Allen in it, but Owen did a great job without trying to do a Woody Allen impersonation. And JPZ, it might be too convenient in your mind, but all those people really were there at the same time. My guess with the other issue was he met Marion Cotillard already and was interested in her, so he didn't want to bring McAdams along because she would ruin that. (Can't remember if he met her by that time, though). I can relate about Cotillard, she was captivating in this movie.

It was one of my favorites from last year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm probably the only person in the entire world who is more excited from fricking Expendables 2 than I am for The Dark Knight Rises.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Don't get me wrong, I loved The Dark Knight, but I am not a huge fan of Begins, and although I'll give TDKR a chance, I personally like the original Batman more, along with Batman Returns. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I really love that first film.

Van Damme looks badass.
pimp.gif

I'm a sucker, I know, but I loved the first, and I know I'll love the second.

Chuck Norris:
With The Expendables 2, you have a lot of hard language in there that means that young people won’t be able to see it. I said, I don’t do movies like that. I didn’t do them in the past, I didn’t do them on my TV series. I said, you have to cut out all the language, hardcore language or I can’t do it. So they did, and Expendables is now a PG-13 film so kids can see it.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ the thought of all those tough guys "golly gee shucks damn it, I wanted to shoot him in the leg" 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Fail before they film a single scene.  They should have said see ya Chuck, and done the movie the proper way for those guys. 

Is that Paris movie out already on disk?

Chester, you see Lucas?  Dude said he ain't doin anymore movies cuz he's pissed that all of us fans were angry about him continually tweakin the originals, so he doesn't want to give us the next 3 films. 
eyes.gif

@#$% you Lucas, @#$% you. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Chester, you see Lucas?  Dude said he ain't doin anymore movies cuz he's pissed that all of us fans were angry about him continually tweakin the originals, so he doesn't want to give us the next 3 films. 
eyes.gif

Of course we're mad - you changed *$@@ that didn't need changed, George. @$%%!%@.

He can change whatever he wants just let the OG ones be an option also. I want to buy the new blu rays but I refuse to.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

eyes.gif

Of course we're mad - you changed *$@@ that didn't need changed, George. @$%%!%@.

I just want to know if when he dies someone else can take over and start doin work.  I'ma start lookin that mess up.  Cuz the minute he dies, we should have somebody filming the next day.  I'm 100% serious.  I don't know who takes over, but they damn well better give the keys to a studio so they can get to work.    

+%*!@* @!*@@%$. 

deadup CP, after the 2nd one came out, I was hope dude would die and Spielberg would finish it.
nerd.gif

Knowing him though, in his will, he'd let his son direct.
30t6p3b.gif

Indy IV:
Mocked – along with most of the film admittedly – upon its release in 2008, most suspected that Lucas was behind the scene. Spielberg then said it was his brainwave. However, the man behind Jar Jar Binks has finally ‘fessed up. It was his idea.

“It’s not true,

I just spent a half an hour searching for what happens to Star Wars after Lucas dies.  I can't find @#$% 

Anybody?  Anyone ever see an article that talked about who would take over?  Cuz it needs to happen. 

I did see that there are apparently 50 scripts for the TV show, that's about 4 seasons or so worth, and I would assume they aren't written by Lucas, meaning they should be good. 
laugh.gif

Yeah, Indy 4 really only needed Jar Jar to completely ruin my life.  I honestly have no idea how Lucas can go from what he did in 77 to what he has become now.  He's like the dumbest smart guy on Earth.  And to think they want to make an Indy 5. 
indifferent.gif

LOL at seeing Indy 4 in the first place. Y'all lost with that one. My Indy memories are still untarnished 
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Nos...the whole theater was heated.
laugh.gif

I think we can all accept that this ++@%@$@ is just an effects nerd who hit the jackpot.

He had more bad ideas than good ones and when no one wanted to make his dumb movie, he stole from Flash Gordon and Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress until the story made sense...got dumb lucky with casting and hit his idiot savant peak with Empire Strikes Back...that he didn't direct and only kinda wrote.

That's his whole career.
Everything else has been effects, selling toys, bad or Spielberg.

He's the James Dolan of film.

Has anyone seen Are You There, Chelsea? on NBC w Chelsea Handler and Laura Prepon (Donna That 70s Show). Caught an episode before, really liked that Prepon was the title character and not Handler and the episode overall was solid with a pretty good cast of characters.

So, The Artist just got "released." I saw it completely cold and I have to say, as much as I didn't want to adjust my top 10 of 2011, I just had to. I can't really recommend it to a general audience, but I'm a sap for films like this and I loved every second and every frame of this one.
Also got around to watching My Week With Marilyn a couple days ago. Michelle Williams gave a great performance, however the movie as a whole wasn't anything spectacular.

BTW, I'm not going to see Shame anytime soon, so this should be it for 2011...
Top 20 (1-5)

Midnight in Paris

Beginners

The Artist

Margin Call

Attack the Block

Top 20 (6-10)

50/50

Super

The Devil's Double

The Ides of March

The Skin I Live In

Top 20 (11-20)

Another Earth

Carnage

Captain America: The First Avenger

Hanna

Moneyball

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Tree of Life

Warrior

Win Win

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Middle of the Pack

Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest

Bridesmaids

Cedar Rapids

Contagion

Cowboys & Aliens

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Drive

Eames: The Architect & The Painter

Limitless

The Lincoln Lawyer

Hesher

Horrible Bosses

Melancholia

My Week with Marilyn

Rio

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Source Code

Submarine

Super 8

The Adjustment Bureau

The Debt

These Amazing Shadows

Thor

X-Men: First Class

Bottom 10

Bad Teacher

Fast Five

Green Lantern

Hangover II

In Time

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Terri

The Green Hornet

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Your Highness

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm probably the only person in the entire world who is more excited from fricking Expendables 2 than I am for The Dark Knight Rises.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Don't get me wrong, I loved The Dark Knight, but I am not a huge fan of Begins, and although I'll give TDKR a chance, I personally like the original Batman more, along with Batman Returns. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I really love that first film.

Van Damme looks badass.
pimp.gif

I'm a sucker, I know, but I loved the first, and I know I'll love the second.

Chuck Norris:
With The Expendables 2, you have a lot of hard language in there that means that young people won’t be able to see it. I said, I don’t do movies like that. I didn’t do them in the past, I didn’t do them on my TV series. I said, you have to cut out all the language, hardcore language or I can’t do it. So they did, and Expendables is now a PG-13 film so kids can see it.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom