Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seen the first two seasons. It's great. But Nathan leaving made me not care as much but season 3

What was the point of War Horse? I mean I didn't hate it...I guess that means I liked it. I sat through it? I dunno...it's a Spielberg movie=I don't even know. I'm just used to saying it. It's like this, Lost World and Indy IV are at the bottom of the Spielberg movies made while I was alive. Iono, I'll ramble more when I'm not on my phone
laugh.gif
and why does the kid look so damn much like Anton Yelchin? They couldn't afford him?

DEA bro in law just beat the tar out of Jesse, and then dealt with the twins in the parking lot. 
pimp.gif

Halfway thru season 3 already. 
laugh.gif
  I'm plowing thru this @#$% and that's with 4 football games, handful of basketball games, and the NC tonight, with a Laker game tomorrow, I'll still be done with 3 and 4 by the weekend (I hope)

I'm still very confused how it's happening.  Season 1 was so damn quiet.  Nothing that really reached out and grabbed me, nothing that held my attention, and then season 2 ep 1 hits, and I'm in.  100%, in.  Like, did they hire new writers or something?  I heard the og plan was to kill off Jesse, but the kid did such a good job, they changed their mind and kept him.  After seeing the ep with his faced caved in and his two big scenes in the hospital, I know why.  He NAILED those scenes.  Dude had quivering lip, voice inflections, anger, hurt, fear, pain, sorrow, all of it, on display.  I like the guy now.  I assume it stems from me feelin bad about his hottie ODin. 

Gonna miss the twins.  They was so talkative and lively and what not, going to miss their charm. 
laugh.gif
  What awesome roles those were.  The scene when they was kids and the ring a bell uncle tried to drown one to prove a point to the other, great scene. 

Hank and the Twins...One Minute
sick.gif
amazing

and...I'm hearing a Party Down movie could be happening, legit. would be too dope

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What was the point of War Horse? I mean I didn't hate it...I guess that means I liked it. I sat through it? I dunno...it's a Spielberg movie=I don't even know. I'm just used to saying it. It's like this, Lost World and Indy IV are at the bottom of the Spielberg movies made while I was alive. Iono, I'll ramble more when I'm not on my phone
laugh.gif
and why does the kid look so damn much like Anton Yelchin? They couldn't afford him?

Wait, so did you actually like it? Film wasn't really about the horse, it was more of a figurehead to a bigger issue. Thought it was cool how it was property of different armies, property of people having no affiliation with the war whatsoever, etc.

Originally Posted by Junrock21

He got game
love and basketball

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Wait, so did you actually like it? Film wasn't really about the horse, it was more of a figurehead to a bigger issue. Thought it was cool how it was property of different armies, property of people having no affiliation with the war whatsoever, etc.

I get what happened in the movie and how the horse was a cypher to show slices of that naive world at war, but it's so reserved and downplayed and floaty and just uninvolved. Firefox ate it last time I tried to sum it up, I'll try again later or something. I liked the setup and the idea, but the movie just feels hollow to me.

and...I'm hearing a Party Down movie could be happening, legit. would be too dope
Show was so underrated, a movie would be excellent.

Hank and the Twins...One Minute
sick.gif
amazing
At the time, it was the best episode of the series by far
pimp.gif
The ending was way too damn intense.

eek.gif
. I know I for one will be having fun if that happens. Arrested Development AND Party Down movies both being made? I'm bout to faint.

So Rick McCallum just announced that the live action Star Wars show will be called Underground, but won't be out for 3 years due to costs, and it will be set in the 20 years between episodes III and IV. First........3 effffing years? Second, I don't give a @#$% its something at least. If they ain't gonna give me 22 more movies like they could/should, then at least maybe I can get 22+ hour long stories to roll with. Hurry the @#$% up 3 years.

Party down movie would be great but I don't see it happening. That show doesn't have a big following

Finished the 3rd game of thrones book. Wow. The best by far. The whole second half is jaw dropping. HBO has a massive hit on it's hands. I just wonder how he will end things

Is it true that the 4th book isn't so good?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Party down movie would be great but I don't see it happening. That show doesn't have a big following

Megan Mullally said that it's being written right now. I'm sure it'll get made, even if it means a limited indie release.

indifferent.gif
Why is George Lucas on the Daily Show right now ... for Red Tails ...
mad.gif

and yeah, the biggest problems making the AD movie were rights cuz it was a network show and getting the cast back (Cera and Bateman esp), because they all scattered to different levels of fame.

neither are really problems with Party Down, I mean they got together for a 30 second cameo on Childrens Hospital.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Any of y'all watch Californication or House of Lies last night? Curious to how both episodes were.

Caught both a week or so before they premiered, enjoyed both of them.

Originally Posted by CP1708

So Rick McCallum just announced that the live action Star Wars show will be called Underground, but won't be out for 3 years due to costs, and it will be set in the 20 years between episodes III and IV. First........3 effffing years? Second, I don't give a @#$% its something at least. If they ain't gonna give me 22 more movies like they could/should, then at least maybe I can get 22+ hour long stories to roll with. Hurry the @#$% up 3 years.
Gap between III and IV, meaning lots of Obi Wan/Vader, little of everyone else? Unless they show the upbringing of Leah/Luke, but I'd hate to watch some bratty kids playing them.

Won't be out for three years means it won't be on air till 2020.
laugh.gif

If it really does come out in 2015 though, I bet a new set of sequels to come out ~2025.

JapanAir21 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Gap between III and IV, meaning lots of Obi Wan/Vader, little of everyone else? Unless they show the upbringing of Leah/Luke, but I'd hate to watch some bratty kids playing them.

Won't be out for three years means it won't be on air till 2020.
laugh.gif

If it really does come out in 2015 though, I bet a new set of sequels to come out ~2025.

Ok, first of all, I made a mistake, it's not Underground, it's Underworld, which I do not like at all.  That's too damn close to people thinkin that Lycons and Warewolves will be flying the Millennium Falcon. 
laugh.gif
]

Second, JA, it's Leia.  Not Leah.  Who the @#$% is Leah? 
grin.gif

Third, no.  No Ben, no Vader, no twins, none of that.  Completely outside of ALL that stuff.  At least, as far as I have read, it would be a complete different set of characters within the Star Wars universe.  Characters that we probably have never even heard of, and they'll allude to guys like Palpatine, Vader etc.  May we see a glimpse of somebody?  Chewbacca perhaps?  Maybe.  Just as they brought in glimpses of some of them in the prequels, they would certainly do that here. 

We could see construction of the Death Star.  Bounty Hunters hunting Jedi for the Emperor. (Fett
nerd.gif
)  We could even (and I will cross my fingers til they bleed) see Thrawn and his crew.  TONS of material they can come up with, which is why this @#$% needs to happen.  There is too damn much material out there to be used to not do more.  So it's time to get it going.  But I don't wanna see any Gunguns, I don't want a word of garbage dialogue, I want Dexter/Sopranos/The Wire/Breaking Bad/Mad Men type writing, with Lightsabers. 
pimp.gif

No %#@*++ Ewoks either. 

Someone put a light saber in that clip?

I just… threw up a little… in my mouth.

sick.gif

[h1]http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/goo...mc-with-films-nicholas-pileggi-irwin-winkler/
http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/goo...mc-with-films-nicholas-pileggi-irwin-winkler/
http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/goo...mc-with-films-nicholas-pileggi-irwin-winkler/[h1]http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/goo...mc-with-films-nicholas-pileggi-irwin-winkler/‘Goodfellas’ Series In The Works At AMC With Film’s Nicholas Pileggi & Irwin Winkler[/h1]

EXCLUSIVE: AMC’s 1960s mad men may be soon joined by some goodfellas from the same era. The cable network, home of such acclaimed series as Mad Men and Breaking Bad, has put in development a series version of one of the most praised movies of all time, the 1990 Martin Scorsese mob classicGoodfellas. Nicholas Pileggi, who wrote the movie based on his non-fiction bookWiseguy, is on board to co-write the TV series adaptation with TV writer-producer Jorge Zamacona (Homicide: Life On The Street). The two will executive produce with the film’s producer Irwin Winkler and his son David. Warner Horizon Television, the cable TV production sibling of Warner Bros, which distributed Scorsese’s film, is producing the series.
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/h1]

Between AMC's strong track record, Pileggi's involvement, and the producer of the film on board, I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with.

The book, for those that haven't read, is almost word for word the film, with extra stuff that they couldn't fit into the movie.

Back
Top Bottom