Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched this for the first time last night. Sooo many quotables

1697631171815.jpeg
“That’s from China, Mexico… Italy…”

“I’ve been slavin’ over this meal for hours!” (pans to fast food buffet)

The whole Highlander thing

“Health care systems, giant water parks, the same reason anybody comes to America.”

Watched The Hangover with the kid tonight, his first time, my millionth.
Holy *censored* *censored*
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

"Wait, I'll be your Doug."
"Did Julius Caesar live here?"
"We can't remember anything from last night. Remember?"
🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣

Whole second act of the movie my son just kept going "Whaaaaat did they dooooo?"

"Should I go wait outside?"
"I think that would be best."
😂🤣

On a personal note, it was a special highlight for me when he goes, "Wait MIKE TYSON? Wasn't he like, a real boxer? Not like Logan Paul?" I cried a single tear as I said, "Yes... yes he was a real boxer. And NOTHING like Logan Paul. He was a baaaaad man in that ring."

Anyways, HANDS... DOWN... the most we have laughed at a movie.

"We can't leave the baby! There's a tiger in the bathroom!"
"It's not our baby."

😂😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

"I tend to think of myself as a 1-man wolfpack..."

😂😂😂😂😂

That first Hangover is a classic. When the lady asked about the baby in the elevator and Alan was going to try to ignore her. :rofl:

yeah the first hangover is great...after that meh. but i loved the first one
2 was basically the same movie over again in a different city and 3 just felt kind of forced/going-through-the-motions.

The first one definitely holds up for me as well though. I recently watched the scene in the jail when some kids got to tazer Phil, Stu and Allan and had forgotten how funny it is. :lol:

How many of you guys watching killers of the flower moon tomorrow? Ill be definitely watching it tomorrow
I'm probably passing on that one unless I can see it without paying for it in the future somehow. The interview by that Osage native moved me, but in particular one part of his interview: when he was talking about how the story is told through a lens of love.

I'm good on that.

If there is a story put to film and the topic is the natives of this land, or the holocaust, or slavery in this country/the African slave trade story, if there's a movie on any of those topics, it needs to be ugly & disturbing, because that's what those happenings were.

Long speak to text review coming up

Leaving the movie I think the best way I could summarize this movie is it made me think of there will be blood compared to no country for old men. Both excellent movies but one left me stunned after watching it and the other I felt was just a great sweeping epic tale told over many years. I left the theater not being wowed and odd like I was when I saw Oppenheimer but thinking did I just see as great of a movie as I could have seen. It's like LeBron. Getting a triple double in the playoffs doesn't even impress me anymore. I've seen him do for so long and I'm such a high level

Technically the movie is flawless. The cinematography and direction was elite. The score was incredible. The acting was all outstanding and the story and the way they told it I couldn't find a fault in. 3 hours and 20 minutes did not feel bad whatsoever. The third act and the way they approach the story kind of reinvigorated yourself after such a long story playing out. I think the pacing was excellent and the way the story jumped around kept things fresh and interesting

The story itself was incredibly interesting. Tragic, frustrating all of the feelings the movie lays out for you. It also examines the depths of greed and power and race and history and it can honestly be a tough watch at times. And you find yourself thinking I'm not rooting for these people. In fact, they're the bad guys and that's kind of what made me think about there will be blood. I also went in incredibly fresh. I think I saw one trailer briefly. I knew it had something to do with this story but I didn't know the details but besides the tagline I went in very fresh and I'm glad I did

I feel spoiled when thinking about the movie because I'm comparing it to other Scorsese classics and when he has some of the best movies of all time that's not really fair. But it's the same as Tarantino or even Nolan or Villeneuve in compared to very high standards. I think this was a well-made movie on every level but I found myself not coming away from it. Jaw dropped or in awe but kind of numb or quieted or made to think. I don't know how it would be rewatching is this movie you need to see again and again. I still have Oppenheimer as my best movie of the year. I couldn't argue this one wasn't as technically great as it could have been because it was but I'm waiting for it to hit me. Oppenheimer hit me several times throughout that movie and I left the theater feeling different

My knee-jerk reaction is at 88 out of 100 but I could probably feel myself going up to a 92 out of 100

Killers of the Flower Moon was incredible… and throughly depressing.

Career best for Leo and this film reaffirmed to me why De Niro is the greatest ever. He was embodying
Satan

I might see it again just cause I have the pass and for the performances but man I can’t shake the
real life outcomes that are infuriating

Devastating film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom