Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Today (Prime)

1697814046023.png

It was one of the better paced long movies I've seen. Didn't feel like it at all. First part is a lot of world building. Second part things start picking up third part things start falling apart

I loved Oppenheimer, but the third act really did feel almost like a separate movie and that made it sometimes feel a little longer. But with this one it flows into the final act really smoothly and it kind of races towards the finish

Flash was awful, shut it off after 30 minutes.

Watched Strays, had no idea what that movie was about. Some of the jokes were hilarious, reminded me of a 90s comedy.

Trying to watch Driven but struggling to finish it. Can’t believe I didn’t know about this story.

The Flash only served to retcon the DCCU which has been forever in shambles. Affleck being gone now and higher ups at Warner Bros.

My biggest irk since I like DC more than Marvel. From a "before all these movies and only comic books/smaller forms of media back in the day" standpoint.

A lot of folks grew liking DC characters and stories more than Marvel, that's why they want good movies as opposed to the fanboys that just eat up and defend everything.

Watching Killers of the Flower Moon later. Found out it’s 3 1/2 hours long. zeus help me.
Just got out. Wasn't too bad. didn't really feel like 3.5 hrs :lol:
solid movie. great sets, costumes, designs, etc.
strong performances from deniro, leo, and gladstone.

The little Stay-Puft guys in Ghostbusters: Afterlife engage in some very Gremlin-like behavior and even sound a bit like the Mogwai/Gremlins did.

I wonder if it was an intended homage or just a coincidence?

Killers of the Flower Moon might be Scorsese’s best made movie ever

A true work of art and storytelling

It’s not like The Departed and Goodfellas, those movies are better in other ways, but this was a perfectly made movie that toes the line of art house and blockbuster

A beautiful movie all around that provides closure for the Osage and honors their legacy and the dead that have been ignored for so long

De Niro delivers his best performance in 30 years and will win Best Supporting Oscar

The movie is 25 hours long but it’s so well paced and perfectly edited that you can make it through it entirely without doing a line of cocaine or falling asleep

Back
Top Bottom