Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

it's a good story that was about absolution. I guess it was missing some bits of elements that would make it amazing. maybe pacing or execution. funny part though was the ending of the movie has a similar music (THE CRISIS) to the movie "Legend of 1900".
yup, both movies used the same ending music. except that the music fits 1900 a lot due to the plot.

I've always been curious why people don't like Seven Pounds more.
I watched Seven Pounds on Cinema de Bootleg,

I think part of the reason it didn’t do that well was it came out around Christmas, and I don’t think people during the 2008 Housing Crisis were wanting to see a movie about a guy giving up all his organs violently during the merry time when they needed a merry time.

I watched Seven Pounds on Cinema de Bootleg,

I think part of the reason it didn’t do that well was it came out around Christmas, and I don’t think people during the 2008 Housing Crisis were wanting to see a movie about a guy giving up all his organs violently during the merry time when they needed a merry time.
that and I guess Will during that time was in the middle of his crazy scientology career that didn't work too well. added a few controversies and people got irritated.

Are people really that attached to what time of year it came out and what was going on in the main actor's life at the time?

I just... watch the movie.

Are people really that attached to what time of year it came out and what was going on in the main actor's life at tune time?

well, I guess so. considering Jewish Hollywood also has influence on what you say or do. remember what happened to Mel Gibson?

Are people really that attached to what time of year it came out and what was going on in the main actor's life at tune time?

People definitely are going to the movies for a release or entertainment, in a bad economic time you don’t want to see that. Remember that you, I, and the people that participate in this thread are like 1% or 2% of the population at most. Movies aren’t that serious for the majority.

2008 affected everybody, because it affected commercial banks that everybody is a part of first and foremost, all the way up to the Fed. The only people that it may have not affected is kids, if they were lucky. It was a terrible time for a heavy movie to come out when a large contingent was looking for entertainment.

People definitely are going to the movies for a release or entertainment, in a bad economic time you don’t want to see that. Remember that you, I, and the people that participate in this thread are like 1% or 2% of the population at most. Movies aren’t that serious for the majority.

2008 affected everybody, because it affected commercial banks that everybody is a part of first and foremost, all the way up to the Fed. The only people that it may have not affected is kids, if they were lucky. It was a terrible time for a heavy movie to come out when a large contingent was looking for entertainment.
I haven't seen the movie, but looked at some of critic and user reviews on IMDB. Seems like the people who did not like it found it to be emotionally manipulative in a negative way and that the plot was implausible for film that's supposed to be grounded in reality. I could see how those feelings would be even more pronounced when it first came out for the reasons you mention.

I think inherently the time a movie comes out 'can' affect it, not that it's always that way. For example, I think The Hunt, the 2020 movie Trump criticized and how it was political for obvious reasons (if you know the plot). I think a lot of the presidential shows and movies (Dave, The American President, The West Wing) were impacted by "hey, Bill Clinton's a normal-guy!" time in the White House (sans Monica).

Now we have environmental movies in the last 20 years. Day After Tomorrow, Contagion, 2012, Don't Look Up, etc.

It's the real life depicting art, depicting reality.

So when movies come out, depending on what's going on, affects interest.

Man i loved this flick. That one goth chick had ur boy pretty bricked up...
p18004_v_v8_al.jpg
You have to watch the New on after that one.

That's... fair.
I haven't seen the movie, but looked at some of critic and user reviews on IMDB. Seems like the people who did not like it found it to be emotionally manipulative in a negative way and that the plot was implausible for film that's supposed to be grounded in reality. I could see how those feelings would be even more pronounced when it first came out for the reasons you mention.
That's fair also.

I just really like it, I guess.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Driving Miss Daisy
2001: A Space Odyssey

Which one? First answer I get.
Never seen either.

Both seem to be iconic. NGL I never really knew what DMD was about and just saw the trailer. Doesn't really seem very appealing at all. Kinda seems like... it... couldn't have been made today. 👀

Driving Miss Daisy
2001: A Storage Odyssey

Kinda seems like... it... couldn't have been made today. 👀
I think this is true, but I would still say it’s a very well made movie with excellent acting performances. And, IMO, there’s a higher likelihood of you liking DMD than 2001, but I could be wrong.

Have you seen any other Stanley Kubrick movies you liked?

Have you seen any other Stanley Kubrick movies you liked?
Looks like all I've seen is Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Spartacus.

I don't really think I can have a strong opinion on Spartacus because that was just a movie I watched in high school for a few days which was awesome because we weren't doing paperwork. 🤣🤦‍♂️

Thought EWS was was... cringe. Felt forced by Tom & Kidman. Just didn't feel like it flowed naturally for me.

Loved FMJ.

The Shining was meh overall to me. Great storytelling and I loved the visuals. Just didn't move any needles for me.

Looks like all I've seen is Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Spartacus.

I don't really think I can have a strong opinion on Spartacus because that was just a movie I watched in high school for a few days which was awesome because we weren't doing paperwork. 🤣🤦‍♂️

Thought EWS was was... cringe. Felt forced by Tom & Kidman. Just didn't feel like it flowed naturally for me.

Loved FMJ.

The Shining was meh overall to me. Great storytelling and I loved the visuals. Just didn't move any needles for me.
Based on that - as unhelpful as it is - I’d say it’s a genuine toss up whether you’ll like 2001.

Loved FMJ.

The Shining was good. but I felt Dr. Sleep is just much better.

Based on that - as unhelpful as it is - I’d say it’s a genuine toss up whether you’ll like 2001.
Will I went ahead and started it at the beginning of our dialogue so I'm a good few minutes in, and I'm very, very, VERY confused.

These monkeys. This black... tablet?

THEY JUST BEAT BRO TO DEATH WITH BONES!!! 😳

And now I'm in space.

Bruh...

I saw it in theaters a year ago where they were showing old movies at this time of year, the cavemen scene had me :lol: tf’ing as well. Now you see where the first Barbie trailer came from.

The rest of the movie is what you’re expecting going into it.

el presidente el presidente make sure to post where you watch these cause I will watch some this month, but also what’s your favorite remake horror movie?

This is a tough question for me to answer because I avoid them for the most part. I feel no need to watch a Poltergeist remake, Child’s Play remake, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. :lol:

Although I do believe the latest Halloween (the 1st one) was excellent.

I’ll be sure to post where to find the movies from now on. I’m also willing to share suggestions, but keep in mind they would be pre-2000s

This is a tough question for me to answer because I avoid them for the most part. I feel no need to watch a Poltergeist remake, Child’s Play remake, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. :lol:

Although I do believe the latest Halloween (the 1st one) was excellent.

I’ll be sure to post where to find the movies from now on. I’m also willing to share suggestions, but keep in mind they would be pre-2000s
Ya please do cause you quickfire and I would watch some. You saying the Halloween remake 2007 one?

Ya please do cause you quickfire and I would watch some. You saying the Halloween remake 2007 one?

Nah, 2018. The Rob Zombie version was pretty forgettable.

Well my go-to suggestion for you, and anyone else in the thread, is The Vanishing (1988/Dutch version). It looks like it is on Amazon Prime - I watched it on YouTube but it looks like it got removed. Granted it may be more of a thriller, but I would love to discuss it with you guys.

In terms of pure horror, I saw you were watching some of the Jason sequels. Have you seen Halloween 2? Child's Play 2?

Nightmare on Elm Street 2? Which is tied with New Nightmare as my favorite NOES sequel.

I saw Halloween 2 last year and Jason 2 this year, never seen any of the Child‘s Play movies unless you recommend them, I’ll watch the Dutch Vanishing Wednesday night if it’s on Prime :smokin

I saw it in theaters a year ago where they were showing old movies at this time of year, the cavemen scene had me :lol: tf’ing as well. Now you see where the first Barbie trailer came from.
Right. If nothing else, by watching 2001, you get to see the original source of one of the most immitated/spoofed scenes in cinema history.

Back
Top Bottom