Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Murder Just Became a Water Sport lol. Some of these tag lines man. I'd never even heard of that film before. Surprised cause I was all about prime Cammy in the mid/late 90s to early 00s.

It does look intriguing enough especially with Kietel and NT's boy Cal (couldn't help myself). Kind of seems like a great value Wild Things.

The 2nd for today :nerd:

1696797173016.jpeg

Watched Dr Dolittle for the first time.
20th Century Fox is wrong for that wig they gave Eddie Murphy.
They should have just reshot the entire Film.
I only saw 1-3 scenes where his hair was real with the locks he had during the initial shooting. The other 99% of the film he had on that terrible wig.
So post production he must’ve cut his locks, so they reshot some scenes and made him wear a wig but, almost every scene was him in a wig. Makes no sense.

Finished Insidious: Red Door…

Not easy for someone like Ty Simpkins to portray a character 7-8 years apart… a lot of times those kids quit acting altogether but he really brought a good performance to screen that was literally ball hogged by him. Surprised they got Rose Byrne to be in about 15 minutes of it.

“The Further” itself kind of gets diluted in terms of how the painting aspect fixes into everything else.

Patrick Wilson does not age.

It was worth the time because of how college life gave it a different life. 5/8.

I am pro OGs if I know where to watch, but wondering what your favorite remake is as someone who doesn’t like the remakes

Believer was trash to me. Like 2/10 bad.

First time watching the Ring last night. American version . I thought that film was ok too. Story was cool. Felt more like a mystery thriller then a horror film.

I kept hearing it was scary back then, but ehhh.

I am pro OGs if I know where to watch, but wondering what your favorite remake is as someone who doesn’t like the remakes
I hate remakes, so I'm with you. I'll answer, though. Just off the top, no Google, 5 that immediately come to mind that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed (in no order) :

The Nutty Professor
Ocean's Eleven
Carrie
Clash of the Titans
3:10 to Yuma

A Man Called Otto is... that's the perfect movie. Holy christ, man.
8/8

It's on prime right now, listed as free. Says $3.99, but also says you'll get refunded $3.99. I just pulled the trigger a few hours ago so I don't know how long the refund takes but I figured even if I don't get it, the trailer alone seemed worth $4.

I need to process this movie, man.

Otto looked like generic Oscar bait. Convince me to watch?
To me, 'Oscar bait' means something very specific. It's a movie excellently done... but overall pointless, or even worse: a waste of time.

'Oscar bait' that is well done but doesn't really serve a purpose is a bedazzled vacuum. Like, that's nice, but I just want to vacuum. I don't need all these frills.

'Oscar bait' that is actually a detriment is a bedazzled hammer. Like, now you ruined my hammer because I can't even use it for what it's intended to be used for. That was a complete waste of time.

And the description I'm giving you right now is part of the main character's character. Otto is a gump (pun intended), and you are seeing how his little block thinks of him, and what he thinks of them.

To me, any 'Oscar bait' can be described as 'Full of sound & fury but signifying nothing.' This movie is very significant. I always say in my critique of movies that the #1 thing I need to really value a movie is character struggle that challenges you at least a little bit.

Yes, yes, this is very much does.

Absolutely phenomenal.

Otto looked like generic Oscar bait. Convince me to watch?
It's also free on Netflix. I can't say it's the perfect movie but definitely a solid 6.5/8 that has a good mix of humor, drama, heartfelt moments and very sad scenes. It was kind of Gran Torino-esque with less focus on youths and more of your "golden" years.

I definitely thought about Gran Torino in the first like 10 minutes of A Man Called Otto, but then in the next 10-20 minutes, I intentionally distanced myself from Gran Torino because the 2 protagonists are simply not the same people.

Without spoiling it since it's relatively new, Torino's Walt struggles with the changing world around him in ways that Otto doesn't. He's social in ways that Walt isn't.

I don't really want to say anything else. I know that I watched Gran Torino and thought 'Man, that was a nice movie. Well done.' I am moved by Otto.

Hella sad, but a great movie overall:
Beaches
My Girl
The Green Mile
PS I Love You
Seven Pounds
City of Angels
Big Fish
The Land Before Time

But the hellest of sad, and also a great movie:
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

How 'bout you all?
Beaches - definitely. this movie is amazing. makes a grown man cry.
My Girl - it's ok. I prefer My Girl 2 though.
Green Mile - very nice.
PS I Love You - haven't seen yet but I would give it a try.
Seven Pounds - eh, not so much.
City of Angels - it's a good movie. should be enough to get you some dates. chicks digged this a lot.
Big Fish - again, I'll give it a try.
The Land Before Time - childhood classic.

Boy in the Stripes Pajama - this film for me was more of a What If scenario rather than having a deep emotional impact.

I'll think of some in my list since there are quite a few. I have to review for my exam first.

speaking of tearjerkers, this one comes to mind and a few more to come..........
this movie for me was damn heartbreaking. love this movie........

Attachments

• 1900.jpg
    1900.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 179
speaking of tearjerkers, this one comes to mind and a few more to come..........
this movie for me was damn heartbreaking. love this movie........
Never heard of it, and it's not on any of my streaming services, but, yes, this definitely sounds amazing.
Screenshot_20231009_175846_JustWatch.jpg

I've always been curious why people don't like Seven Pounds more.
it's a good story that was about absolution. I guess it was missing some bits of elements that would make it amazing. maybe pacing or execution. funny part though was the ending of the movie has a similar music (THE CRISIS) to the movie "Legend of 1900".

Back
Top Bottom