Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently first, because the movie cover used to scare me at Hollywood Video

IMG_1146.jpeg
I actually liked this movie as far as the concept of it goes. it could have been much more but I guess they ran out of budget and fell short on the premise. other than that, still a good watch imo.

Yoooo Christian Bale has been in a lot more trash mid level movies than I remember. I consider him one of my fav actors but I definitely am nowhere close to watching his entire resume of work.

Watching Reign of Fire now :lol: Cool concept, blending fantasy and the modern world. AND MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY IS CO-STARRING IN IT but this came out in 2002.

Seems Bale was a leading man but in the 90s and early 2000s was just churning out movies compared to now as a star where he picks his roles better and doesn't need to be pushing out movies as much. Plus I know it was a different struggle given he was a child actor. Had this came out 10 years later it for sure would've been a blockbuster just off the names alone (and better cgi at the time).

I noticed this before with movies like Harsh Times and Equilibrium

On a thread related note, ive never watched a Saw movie from beginning to end. I'm chalking it up to my general dislike for most horror movies and lack of interest.

Equilibrium and Reign of Fire were victims of the era, ie Matrix and LOTR. Not bad at all, I still dig Equilibrium. He did his thing in Empire of the Sun but can't say I saw much between that and Psycho. Still one of my favorite actors.
Reign of Fire was the ******* bomb to my middle-school brain when it came out :lol: McConaughey going out the way he did was hilarious though.

Equilibrium and Reign of Fire were victims of the era, ie Matrix and LOTR. Not bad at all, I still dig Equilibrium. He did his thing in Empire of the Sun but can't say I saw much between that and Psycho. Still one of my favorite actors.
Agree except about Equilibrium :lol:

But yeah it was just a victim of bad ideas, style, and the taste of the post Y2K times. That joint right up there with Ecks Vs Sever and Aeon Flux. Too many copycats. Bad all around.

But I might need to rewatch those bad movies.

My son’s been binging The Mick.

That’s a wild show :lol:
That's a wild show to binge but it is good and right up that Always Sunny alley of comedy

Last edited:
Is Harsh Times any good? I always think about watching it then don’t :lol:
I found it enjoyable for what it was. Sometimes Bale really dials it up with his Southern Cali accent though lol. If you're bored on a rainy Sunday it would be a decent watch. Kind of like a great value Training Day.

Yeah it's the Hollywood thing where there's a hot script or movie out and studios start trying to make the same thing, as soon as possible, don't worry about the quality.

The Creator was solid. Wish it was a little more sci-fi and leaned less into the emotional parts of the story. The young actress gave a really good performance, talented kid.

Yeah it's the Hollywood thing where there's a hot script or movie out and studios start trying to make the same thing, as soon as possible, don't worry about the quality.
I'll always reference Hollywood seeing no problem with releasing White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen in the same year. I'm just surprised WHD didn't get sequels like the other one.

Also similar to how the script for Die Hard with a Vengeance was originally going to be Lethal Weapon 4.

Last edited:
Double feature today. Haven't been to the movies in a while. Caught the equalizer 3. It wasn't what I was expecting but when I realized it was basically a spaghetti, western trilogy, finale, kind of movie, old veteran, gunslinger, and a new town trying to settle down. It made me appreciate it even more. Seeing a brief man on fire reunion was cool as well

Then I caught the creator in Dolby and if you're interested in that movie, please see it in the biggest loudest screen you can. Edwards really has a good knack for the visual medium. The way he can demonstrate size and scale than the futuristic sci-fi special effects was just done so excellently visually. This movie is perfect visually. Script needed some more love. I feel like they could have fleshed out some more of the thematic elements. I'm not sure if John David Washington is a good actor yet. I'm going to side with yes but maybe it's just the scripts he's been getting. Haven't been great I don't know. If you want to see this movie, make sure you see it in theaters

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Seth Rogen
Bryce Dallas H❤️ward
Anna Kendrick

I thought this looked stupid when I saw the trailer, but just scrolling for something tonight I landed on it. Half hour in, this is effing solid. Kendrick's character is amazing. 😂😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom