Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bill was so upset with Sean by the end of it. Sean starts describing Fallen, “Are you picking it or do you hate it? We can’t tell.” -Bill

The Big Picture podcast has been doing movie drafts by years, 2005, 2006, etc., since the pandemic began, because no movies were releasing and they had no content. It wasn’t Bill so much as it was Fennessey and Dobbins.

The Big Picture podcast has been doing movie drafts by years, 2005, 2006, etc., since the pandemic began, because no movies were releasing and they had no content. It wasn’t Bill so much as it was Fennessey and Dobbins.
This thread was doing drafts way before that. First one in here was probably more than 10 years ago now.

We never did it by year, which I’ve suggested. :lol: NT didn’t invent the concept of “drafts“

DEA Hank was not ever expecting to be where Walt was actually/Jack, he was just expecting to be where the Walt he thought was… going to be.

This was WW’s saddest failure.

No I mean we haven’t done a 2005 draft specifically for example, the Big Picture podcast has been drafting ‘by year’ for a while. We could’ve done that, but we didn’t. Drafts themselves have been around for a while.

We started the Decades Drafts from March of 2011. Prime and I hashed it out over the phone, JPZ was first to comment and Dub wasn't far behind.

What sites were doing movie "drafts" before early 2011?

And year by year drafts don't add enough content for 10-12 person drafts unless you doin just 5 rounds. 10 rounds at 100-120 movies for just one year would be nonsense. 52 weeks would need 2 movies releases per meaning we'd be listing almost every movie of a given year.

We were trying to mirror/mimic actual fantasy drafts that are 12 rounds (NBA) or 16-20 (NFL/MLB) with 10-12 owners.

Bill and his cronies doin **** with 5 dudes isn't the same. We have way more than 5 regs. Not to mention a few old timers that might participate.

Last edited:
The true origin of how it allllll began was we were doin NBA drafts, MLB Drafts etc. Prime and I were a part of both. That got us discussin Movie Drafts and then from there we started building. Koolarbone (who left NT long ago) JPZ, Dub, Big J were all a part of putting those ideas together.

Funny enough, this came after all of us took turns tryin to convince Ska to watch Pulp Fiction, and then Pulp Fiction was the very first pick of all drafts.

Much later, I dropped the All Time NBA Draft idea and that was an elite draft. :nthat:

We will have a draft again. Patience required.

We will have a draft again. Patience required.

IMG_2630.gif

I've done:
70's
80's
90's
00's
10's
All Time
Character
TV Shows
All Time NBA
All Time MLB
All Time NFL
Current NBA
Current NFL
Current MLB

+ multiple pre NFL/NBA mock drafts. I'm getting close to 20 full on Drafts. And that **** is NOT easy. :lol:

In Oct-Nov 2029 we will have the 20's Draft.

An updated TV draft might be the easiest to do sooner rather than later because there’s just much more quality content produced in that space than with feature films.

An updated TV draft might be the easiest to do sooner rather than later because there’s just much more quality content produced in that space than with feature films.

The difficulty I have is the literal answers are all already out there. :lol:

Yes, a few extra shows might appear but likely 80-85% of the answers are in the last draft. You wouldn't even need a "big board".

The difficulty I have is the literal answers are all already out there. :lol:

Yes, a few extra shows might appear but likely 80-85% of the answers are in the last draft. You wouldn't even need a "big board".
Yeah. You’re right. Although a lot of stuff has come up since the last TV draft came out, when I think about it only a handful of shows have been good enough to knock out things from earlier periods.

Back
Top Bottom