Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So stoked for spooky season.
IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg
Is this a 'must watch'? Like if someone hadn't seen it?
My friend was wondering.
Or is it just like a cult classic but if you haven't seen it, you know, you can still kick it?

My friend was wondering.
Or is it just like a cult classic but if you haven't seen it, you know, you can still kick it?
Wait...did you ask if The Lost Boys is a must watch? Bruh.....It got BOTH Coreys.

Seriously tho, YES its a must watch. Its an American classic. I watch it EVERYTIME it comes on TV. If you not in by the time the song on the opening credits goes off, I don't know what to tell you.

Wait...did you ask if The Lost Boys is a must watch? Bruh.....It got BOTH Coreys.

Seriously tho, YES its a must watch. Its an American classic. I watch it EVERYTIME it comes on TV. If you not in by the time the song on the opening credits goes off, I don't know what to tell you.
I mean but what if someone like my friend just wasn't a fan of the Coreys?
Or Keifer?
Or vampires?
👀😬

I'd have to ask what kind of childhood trauma your friend went through. :lol:

Tbh on a scale from 1- "Interview with a Vampire" its like a 3. It only get vampy towards the end. Its more of an 80s cool kid/fish out of water movie up until that point.

I mean bro

35 years old and a cultural touchstone for the generations that have grown up with it: what else could top Empire’s vampire list but The Lost Boys? Joel Schumacher’s best film is a multi-genre piece that transcends all of its potential limitations. It’s a teen movie, but doesn’t skimp on violence and viscera. It’s a horror film, but it’s genuinely funny. It’s a comedy, but it’s properly scary.

EDIT: I just remembered this is the internet and if you tell someone a movie is a classic, they will expect a life altering experience. Its just a really entertaining movie a lot of us grew up on that still holds up.

Last edited:
He was drafted, he originally was a paleontologist so give him a break
I watch BoB and the Pacific every year and I think Sobel got a bad rap. Easy to hate on him because he was played by David Schwimmer but the discipline was needed and probably helped keep some dudes alive.

My friend was wondering.

It’s an absolutely, with out a doubt, a MUST WATCH. Still holds up to this day. It’s a kick *** movie, entertaining from start to finish.

I got it at #5 on my all time horror movies list.

Bronson's been MIA since he said he hated me and Ska Sr. He's not even in here celebrating Hayden Christensen being in Ahsoka.

I have Lost Boys recorded on Youtube TV. Never watched it before, and am waiting until closer to Halloween to watch it.

I have a crush on Jami Gertz to this day due to Lost Boys, which only grew when I found out she was a minority owner of the Hawks. (Not sure if she still is - don't think so). She was :emoji_fire: in that movie.

Coincidentally, I just watched her Seinfeld episode yesterday - "No, I can't spare it. I can't spare a square!" :lol:

By the way, just watched that Nic Cage trailer for A24's Dream Scenario, cannot wait for that.

So what's the deal with Netflix getting some old HBO shows? Wouldn't they wanna keep them exclusive to Max?

So what's the deal with Netflix getting some old HBO shows? Wouldn't they wanna keep them exclusive to Max?
Not necessarily. If HBO doesn't think making a certain show available on Max is going to make much difference for their streaming revenue, then they're ok with basically leasing the rights to another service and getting some money from it that way.

All the networks are continually experimenting with different ways to make more money off of streaming. There's actually a lot of exchange of content that goes on between them.

But I suspect there's certain flagship shows that HBO views as off limits to others like GOT, Sopranos, etc.

Episode 9 after the Germans surrendered and they found the Concentration Camp, I got sick to my stomach. I felt about as close to being there without being there as I could imagine. It Scared the **** out of me. I had to watch it in two sittings: such relief whenever it was over, absolutely heartbreaking. I still need to finish the finale.

Back
Top Bottom