Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently.

First:

5154XFPHQYL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
92% rating on RT, 3.5/4 star review from Mr. Roger Ebert, nominated for best adapted screenplay. You may be about to watch a gem

The Big Short was phenomenal.
Clinical.
All parties killed it.
I take it this film is what got Strong his role in Succession?
Buddy, they took the tax payer bailouts and paid themselves Bonuses.
Same thing Any bailout does, gives bonuses to those that f’ed the system? Life is crazy.

Very 1999 when you consider American Beauty :lol: what I know about Spacey but haven’t seen the movie.
I liked American Beauty. I just didn't like the theme about ELECTION. it has it's points but on the otherhand, it's pretty lame and petty.

I am fine with the liberties Rudy took it’s so good and Astin was perfect as the dreamer, loved it.

speaking of heartwarming sad endings coming of age dramas, these are the ones I always liked.......

Attachments

• ec.jpg
    ec.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 84
  • manwaf.jpg
    manwaf.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 184
Dropped $4 last night on Barbie (National Theater Day). I really liked it, but I'm gonna rewatch when it hits streaming next week. Had two obnoxious women next to me who had clearly seen it multiple times and killed all the jokes and beats. I told them to please be quiet. Also, Margot Robbie is a specimen.

Does this get filed under your personal “scenes that are inadvertently funny” or did you already say one and I missed it?
Good question. I would say so. I wouldn’t think the filmmakers were looking for laughs in that particular scene, and I probably found it more funny than intended. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom