Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yes. Yes I did. No ragrets.

I had such a *censored* crush on her in HS. Had the 'topless/hands' poster. 'That's The Way Love Goes' was on every mixtape I made.
I remember she was at her prime during those years. it was a a great chick flick as I remember a close friend of mine brought some girls from another hs for a meet-up. watched the movie with the girls and man that movie helped a lot as my wingman. :rofl:

Holy ****. This can’t be real life!
I need to find this IMG vs BISHOP SYCAMORE game first! ESPN probably paid millions to hide this game, but I’m going to find it.
Have to watch after this BS HIGH joke

Hanks Gump is so out there

1693152429623.gif

1693152492100.gif
Didn't she catch that monsta then rawdog this mentally handicapped.???

Didn't she catch that monsta then rawdog this mentally handicapped.???
I just watched this with my son a couple of years ago. Movie ends and I go 'So what do you think about people who wish for a love like Forrest & Jenny?'

He just goes 'Um, no. She gets a disease and then comes back when he's rich.'

Playing devil's advocate, (something we always do with each other), I go 'You don't think she genuinely loved him? Maybe after all the traveling and everything, she just wanted to settle down?'

Straight up, he goes 'Dad, no. Absolutely not. If Forrest had Lieutenant Dan's life instead of Forrest's big mansion and shrimp money, she wouldnt give 2 craps about him and whatever cute little past they had when they were kids.'

And then I went to bed and had the best sleep I've ever had.

Damn right, kiddo.

Re: John Williams Yea, he’s good. And say what you will about the Star Wars Prequels, but my guy went to work. Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, Battle of the Hero’s etc.

As far as the rest of the films he composed: We’re dealing with films that are already great, with great music layered on top of them.

Him and Steven Spielberg are a great team. The perfect collaboration. I’m so glad they met.

I didn’t even realize phantom menace was watched like that!
Also, Attack of the Clones was the first Star Wars film to NOT reach number 1 at the box office for the year it was released (2002)

I am STILL in denial about that fact. Got me out here reading the data like:

1693181057818.gif

Also, Attack of the Clones was the first Star Wars film to NOT reach number 1 at the box office for the year it was released (2002)

I am STILL in denial about that fact. Got me out here reading the data like:

1693181057818.gif
2002.... without looking it up, I'm guessing The Two Towers?

that’s wild! Just saw a list the other day about highest grossing films of 99’. I didn’t even realize phantom menace was watched like that!

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_2111.jpeg

IMG_2112.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged me also came out in 1999 and did about $200 million domestic and $300 million worldwide. BIG year for movies.

2002.... without looking it up, I'm guessing The Two Towers?
Good question. In a way, yes. According to boxofficemojo, The Two Towers did end up as number 1, based on Box office Worldwide.

The Domestic results are a slight variation. For example, Box office Worldwide (2002)

1) Two Towers
2) Chamber of Secrets
3)Spider-Man

However the Domestic top three looks like this:

1) Spider-Man
2)Clones
3) Chamber of Secrets

This might be one of the toughest watches I’ve had.
I thought I’d be mad, but this is heartbreaking.
I was raised in Church, not Catholic but still….
I wasn’t ready for this, I just wasn’t ready.
I have 20minutes left and, ngl I don’t want to finish.
IMG_5323.jpeg

Anyone know where I can stream Sunset Park or when was the last time it was on an app?

Gran Turismo was really enjoyable. Good, elite, award winning? No, not at all. Just an enjoyable summer flick. 2 hours of escapism about a ridiculous ridiculous premise that just sounds impossible and turns out to be a true damn story. :lol:

Imagine bein so "dominant" at Madden that the Ravens throw you out there at middle linebacker.

Or so great at Call of Duty they drop you in Iraq with a clip and a butter knife and salute you.

Or so go at Fifa you could go run around in circles for 90 minutes playin that dumb *** game......well, actually that probably is realistic.

But drivin a car 250 miles an hour from "learning" off a PS2-PS3-PS700 I don't care, that's insane. And dude did it. IN. SANE.

David Harbour was wonderful as always and holy hell did Orlando Bloom age. :lol:
The 4th most known person in this film was a Spice Girl. :wow: :rofl: (and she actually made sense, given she's married to an actual race car driver in real life)

I paid $4. I woulda paid full price and been just as happy. 6/8.

Back
Top Bottom