Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Slow descent into mental illness is always one of my favorite themes. Saint Maud delivered for me, and the ending! My god. The ending.
I watched this a few years ago. very good movie. could have been great but needed some few bits of refinement especially with pacing, maybe some dramatic/harrowing/suspenseful soundtrack. yeah, the ending was ...........##^*%#&%*& !

Really enjoyed this one. That ending was wild.

Some really cool shots in it too, it didn’t use bright colors often but when it did they made some great shots out of them.

For a directional debut a lot of liberties were taken and they paid off. Slept on this for too long.

Want to think on it more before I score it but it’s in the 6.75-7/8 range for me right now
it received a John Wick 1 treatment from me. which means I ignored it for so long and just watched it since there is nothing else interesting to watch. was pleasantly surprised. if there was criticism I had of the film, it's what I mentioned earlier. other than that, very solid film.

Top 5 In no order

10 Things I Hate About You
When Harry Met Sally
Love Actually
Hitch
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Rom com is difficult because I haven’t seen a lot of them and it’s hard for me to differentiate between standard comedy and romantic comedy. Like should Scott Pilgrim count? Because that would easily be my number 1. Wedding Crashers isn’t a rom com right? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind is more dramatic comedy right, so it doesn’t count? Bridesmaids is certainly one of the greatest COMEDIES of all time. But is it a rom-com?

Guess I’ll stick with my top 5 and let the fringe ones ride out in other categories.
you should watch this and think why it's a romcom.

Attachments

• tomcats.jpg
    tomcats.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 189
Just got done seeing Gran Turismo. The reviews all right, it's actually a very good, fun summer movie. Similar to what Top Gun Maverick did with fighter jets, Gran Turismo did a great job of making you feel the speed of the racing.

Cool characters and awesome racing. It was a big Gran Turismo ad in the end but it was effective and worth your time. Made me want to fire up the game

I remember watching this, in like 2002 on IFC at like 12 years old :lol:. Something made me look it up again, and it’s still as phenomenal as I remember. Over 20 years later. Every time I see this actor, I always think of Huey. Even tho I I’ve only seen this movie once. But it left an impact on me. Hell of an actor. Hell of a movie to captivate a 12 years olds attention back then

Oh you taking me back 🔥 :pimp:

This homey from Get On The Bus and a bunch of other Spike Lee joints.

Wedding Singer is underrated.. probably doesn't translate the same without appreciation of the 80s

Recently rewatched The Five Year Engagement and that's a solid romantic comedy. Much funnier than I remember and a ton of funny people in most roles

About Time ... rom-com? Or serious and depressing introspection of different kind of relationships and how ******* crushing they can be knowing nothing can change the actions, or lack of, we regret?

Wedding Singer is underrated.. probably doesn't translate the same without appreciation of the 80s

Recently rewatched The Five Year Engagement and that's a solid romantic comedy. Much funnier than I remember and a ton of funny people in most roles

Both of these are great.

Favorite all time Rom Com is probably “There’s Something About Mary”, that movie is ****in nuts still. “Heartbreak Kid” is insanely underrated. Solid R rated comedy.

Was gonna put on Flash but I can’t do a 2.5 hour comic book movie. They’re already repetitive trash but 2.5 hours yo.

Ended up putting on In Time, forgot how much I liked this movie and the story. Kinda underrated cause Timberlake is in it.

About Time ... rom-com? Or serious and depressing introspection of different kind of relationships and how ****ing crushing they can be knowing nothing can change the actions, or lack of, we regret?
Definitely the latter.

That movie hits way harder than I expect and I've seen it multiple times. The premise and lightness is what gets you hooked in, but it always hits me at the end.

Next, we should consider exploring movies related to the topic of self-hate. A very real phenomenon that we see every day

Back
Top Bottom