Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I almost forgot about this comedy movie. time for a rewatch......

Attachments

• tomcats.jpg
    tomcats.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26
Have we ever done romcoms in here? Honestly, all I can even think of right now are Wedding Singer and Sweet Home Alabama.

What are your favorite romcoms? Not a super popular topic, but hell, let's dig in.

Definitely Maybe
The Proposal
SHA
The Devil Wears Prada
Just Go With It
The Break Up
While You Were Sleeping

Definitely Maybe
The Proposal
SHA
The Devil Wears Prada
Just Go With It
The Break Up
While You Were Sleeping
Bruh. What's romantic about... breaking up? Yes I've seen it. Great movie. How tf is that a romcom? It's a comedy.

Same with Devil/Prada. Absolutely phenomenal movie. Where is the romance?

Bruh. What's romantic about... breaking up? Yes I've seen it. Great movie. How tf is that a romcom? It's a comedy.

Same with Devil/Prada. Absolutely phenomenal movie. Where is the romance?

Yea, Break up is tougher.

Prada at least she goes back to Entourage.

Slow descent into mental illness is always one of my favorite themes. Saint Maud delivered for me, and the ending! My god. The ending.

Really enjoyed this one. That ending was wild.

Some really cool shots in it too, it didn’t use bright colors often but when it did they made some great shots out of them.

For a directional debut a lot of liberties were taken and they paid off. Slept on this for too long.

Want to think on it more before I score it but it’s in the 6.75-7/8 range for me right now

Last edited:
Top 5 In no order

10 Things I Hate About You
When Harry Met Sally
Love Actually
Hitch
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Rom com is difficult because I haven’t seen a lot of them and it’s hard for me to differentiate between standard comedy and romantic comedy. Like should Scott Pilgrim count? Because that would easily be my number 1. Wedding Crashers isn’t a rom com right? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind is more dramatic comedy right, so it doesn’t count? Bridesmaids is certainly one of the greatest COMEDIES of all time. But is it a rom-com?

Guess I’ll stick with my top 5 and let the fringe ones ride out in other categories.

I'm telling you we cracked up the whole movie. As soon as this guy walked in and my son saw his fit, this was our superfast dialogue:
- him: 'Wait, was Michael Jackson famous when this was supposed to be?"
-me: "Supposed to be 1985. Michael Jackson? Famous? 1985? Ummm... yeah, lil bit." *sarcastic chuckle*
- him: "Yeah, he is totally doing the Michael Jackson look... except he's an idiot."
:rofl: :lol::rofl::rofl:
- Robbie: "You should probably lose the glove."
- him: "And the jacket."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Knocked out the Wedding Singer with the kid tonight. He absolutely cracked up the entire time, and absolutely loved the ending with Billy Idol. 🔥🔥🔥🔥 As soon as the ending credits started going, he legit goes 'This might be the best ending I've seen to a movie in a long time. That was so perfect.'

Good times.
Steve Buscemi ending is definitely fire.

Back
Top Bottom