Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

not good = 2023 red sox
sucks = new york yankees

I’m a huge Yankees fan everyone knows

The Yankees are the most embarrassing franchise in all of sports

THIS *censored* SPITTIN!!!
200w.gif

Top-5, comedies for me:

1.) Superbad
2.) Anchorman
3.) Zoolander
4.) The Big Lebowski
5.) Dodgeball

Honorable mention:

Starsky & Hutch, Rush Hour (first 2), Wedding Singer, Austin Powers (first 2), Friday, Knocked Up, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison.

Top-5, comedies for me:

1.) Superbad
2.) Anchorman
3.) Zoolander
4.) The Big Lebowski
5.) Dodgeball

Honorable mention:

Starsky & Hutch, Rush Hour (first 2), Wedding Singer, Austin Powers (first 2), Friday, Knocked Up, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison.

The intro to Austin Powers 3 is amazing. One of the best musical moments in cinema - the rest isn’t as good as the other 2 though.

top 5 pure comedies for me is prob these, in no particular order:

1) dumb and dumber
2) tommy boy
3) super bad
4) friday
5) happy gilmore

honorable mentions: road trip, old school, anchorman, big daddy, billy madison, zoolander, orange county, tropic thunder

others that i would not consider pure comedies due to the action/romance....rush hour, blue streak, lethal weapon 4, wedding crashers

Last edited:
After getting 456 in, I started back at the original.
Forgot how many actors/actresses were in these.
On Scream2 now and Damn, damn man…Gellar, Jada,Omar, Kennedy, Noxema Girl, Elise Neal!, Heather Graham, Liev the God, Josh Jackson, Tim Oliphant..more more more

I’m twenty minutes in and I don’t remember a lot of this so far, it’s like a new watch.

Watched a few movies this week:

Patriot Games: 6/8...Old man Jack Ryan was a weird sight.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: 3/8...Not much going for it besides Keira Knightly.
Chain Reaction: 6.5/8...Always wanted to watch this as a kid. :lol:
3:10 to Yuma (2007): 7/8...Bale and Crowe. :pimp:

Just watched Old Boy (2003) for the first time ever at our local indy theater the other day. 4k 20th anniversary remaster.

7.9/8

I finally got to see first hand what all the hype was about. There really aren’t many films this good. This bizarre. This compelling.

Every scene is a work of art. I was confused, enthralled, mesmerized, disgusted, shocked. Everything. A movie this messed up could have been done horribly, but it was so damn welll done!

I keep finding myself repeating a bunch of the memorable quotes. Can’t stop thinking about it actually. Even if you end up hating this movie, it’s one of those films you owe it to yourself to watch at least once.
IMG_2052.jpeg

Just watched Old Boy (2003) for the first time ever at our local indy theater the other day. 4k 20th anniversary remaster.

7.9/8

I finally got to see first hand what all the hype was about. There really aren’t many films this good. This bizarre. This compelling.

Every scene is a work of art. I was confused, enthralled, mesmerized, disgusted, shocked. Everything. A movie this messed up could have been done horribly, but it was so damn welll done!

I keep finding myself repeating a bunch of the memorable quotes. Can’t stop thinking about it actually. Even if you end up hating this movie, it’s one of those films you owe it to yourself to watch at least once.
IMG_2052.jpeg

Movie is incredible. One of the most disturbing twists in cinema history.

The other two movies in the revenge trilogy are great and I highly recommend you watch them as well.

Back
Top Bottom