Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I fw Ken Burns but i don't care about founding fathers and presidents etc. (i probably should if i ever want to fulfill my dream of going on Jeopardy)
My favorite Ken Burns docs are
The West
Prohibition
Jazz
and Country Music
Not necessarily in it for Ben Franklin but I'll watch anything Ken Burns makes. However I'm very interested in finding out about the stuff they wouldn't teach us about him.

My favorites are
Jack Johnson Unforgivable blackness
The civil war
Ali
Prohibition
Baseball
East Lake Meadows
College behind bars
Jazz
Jackie Robinson
The West
Mark Twain
The Vietnam War

Only reason I hadn't is because I read a few things saying it was a tad too historically inaccurate.

-foe
Quite the opposite to start.

The show started on the History channel :lol:

It only got inaccurate for storylines dealing with Ragnar and his brother (and even then the person and story was real it just didn't happen at that time and they weren't related) plus the subtracting of love interests and children. The historical events were all on point.

Compared to The Last Kingdom, Vikings is more historically accurate. Uthred is a fictional character and everything he's done and played a part in is made up.

So we were talking about Bruce Willis the other day in here. Listening to a Dan LeBatard podcast right now from I think Thursday. Their guest, a former Florida Marlins president, did their top 5.

5. Look Who's Talking.
4. Blind Date.
3. 12 Monkeys.
2. Die Hard.
1. Pulp Fiction.

No wonder the Marlins floundered.

-foe
For those who are familiar with the show, Stugotz has been ranting about how bad buddy's Bruce Willis Top 5 was. He goes "No, hold on, I have to give our listeners an actual Bruce Willis top 5."

#5. A Good Day to Die Hard.
#4. Die Hard With a Vengeance.
#3. Live Free or Die Hard.
#2. Die Harder
#1. Die Hard.

🤣🤣😂🤣

-foe

Uthred is a fictional character and everything he's done and played a part in is made up.
So is Vikings comprised of characters we have a historical account of?

You've definitely piqued my interest, no doubt. I didn't know it started on History. 😂😬

-foe

So is Vikings comprised of characters we have a historical account of?

You've definitely piqued my interest, no doubt. I didn't know it started on History. 😂😬

-foe
Yes. Every character is based on real ppl in Vikings. Real Viking legends like Ragnar, Lagertha, Bjorn, etc.

In the last 2 seasons, Amazon got the rights to the show.

Last edited:
The Happening is pretty remarkable for how bad the acting is across-the-board.

Up there with the Star Wars prequel trilogy in terms of otherwise good/solid actors turning in dry/wooden performances.

I’ve still never watched the happening..

or the movie with the hotel pool

^^^ I’ve never seen Lady in the Water either. Have no desire to; not even in an intellectual curiosity, how-bad-is-it-really kind of way.

havent seen his most recent movie either, zero real motivation to see it either

the one where people get old on the island

Loved The Happening, terrible acting aside.

Really wanna see Old.

Lady in the Water is the one ion vibe with from M. Night. I love his work, though.

-foe

So we were talking about Bruce Willis the other day in here. Listening to a Dan LeBatard podcast right now from I think Thursday. Their guest, a former Florida Marlins president, did their top 5.

5. Look Who's Talking.
4. Blind Date.
3. 12 Monkeys.
2. Die Hard.
1. Pulp Fiction.

No wonder the Marlins floundered.

-foe

Sampson is so pompous :lol:
I find his segments entertaining though

Loved The Happening, terrible acting aside.

Really wanna see Old.

Lady in the Water is the one ion vibe with from M. Night. I love his work, though.

-foe

i can’t say I love dudes work when the films I love are so long ago

glass is the last movie of his I will ever allow myself to even be set up to be let down

So.....went to Morbius. Best part, free ticket.

Honestly, didn't hate it. It's a formulaic Comic movie. Passable in the Thor 1, X-Men 1 type of way. Not sure if we need/get more, but if it leads him to join a larger verse, ok.

My real confusion.......that WASN'T Eiza Gonzalez?????????!!??!?!!?? WTF?!?!?!?? THe entire movie I thought it was her, only to never see her name in the credits. She has a long lost twin sister or somethin. :lol:

There's two Eiza's. :pimp:

Screenshot_20220402-140849.png
Screenshot_20220402-140716.png

The Happening is pretty remarkable for how bad the acting is across-the-board.

Up there with the Star Wars prequel trilogy in terms of otherwise good/solid actors turning in dry/wooden performances.
I don’t like sand. It’s course and rough and irritating - and it gets everywhere.

Yes. Every character is based on real ppl in Vikings. Real Viking legends like Ragnar, Lagertha, Bjorn, etc.

In the last 2 seasons, Amazon got the rights to the show.
Screw all that Vikings >>>The Last Kingdom

So.....went to Morbius. Best part, free ticket.

Honestly, didn't hate it. It's a formulaic Comic movie. Passable in the Thor 1, X-Men 1 type of way. Not sure if we need/get more, but if it leads him to join a larger verse, ok.

My real confusion.......that WASN'T Eiza Gonzalez?????????!!??!?!!?? WTF?!?!?!?? THe entire movie I thought it was her, only to never see her name in the credits. She has a long lost twin sister or somethin. :lol:

There's two Eiza's. :pimp:
Im sure I posted before how Eliza, Adria, and Ana all look alike.

If you want some more Eiza watch Ambulance next week.

Screw all that Vikings >>>The Last Kingdom
I don't think I even implied otherwise.

That goes without saying at least not counting the last few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom