Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Naw, I am too. Like it so far. Need to catch last night tho.

I'm into it but I don't love it. I see parallels to the Night Of which is steering me a way a bit.

Won't be surprised if the husband winds up being a factor in all the memory collecting Cora is doing.

I only watched the first ep. But from the commercials it seems like they're trying to make it seem like she knew the victim. Not sure if I like that direction.

That new Netflix movie with Jamie Lannister, Small Crimes.........IS TRASH!

My reaction by the end:
incredulous.gif

3.7/8 is generous, but Gary Cole gave an epic performance, so there's that.

Am I the only one watching The Sinner with Jessica Biel?
When I found out it was just an 8 ep miniseries and not anew series with a 2nd season I figured I'd just binge it.

Only saw 2 eps so far. The mystery of what happened to her when she left home, why she's even more scarred, the idea that the victim let her kill him when he realized who it was I'd all intriguing.

This submissive detective with his dom fat beach whale of a mistress is just so nasty and creepy though :lol:

I only let attractive women be rough with me. That big woman is gross.
Speaking of large women....

I was watching The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus again last night and I recognized Brienne Bae playing one of the girls that Heath Ledger/Johnny Depp gave an orgasm to.
IMG_0250.JPG

Tell me how Almost Christmas is only pg13? :lol:

Monique cursing up a storm from the jump!

I needed me a nice black family during the holidays flick.

Want to **** Kimbsrly Elise, Keri Hilson, Nicole A. Parker, and Gabby so bad :evil:

This fool in Queen Of The South is threatening to kill his cousin, rape his cousin's girl, and put a bullet in the skull of his female friend. He might be the biggest scumbag on this show.

Snow Tha Product looking good dressed up as a chola and shooting people.
She definitely is :evil::
This fool in Queen Of The South is threatening to kill his cousin, rape his cousin's girl, and put a bullet in the skull of his female friend. He might be the biggest scumbag on this show.
He showed his scumbaggery in an earlier ep when he sold out his friend and Epifanio's daughter to the general at a club but son don't came out of left field with this pos move.

Killed ol girl for no reason. That's what she gets for snitching though.

The Sinner on USA 4 eps in good watch

But the husband :angry: :smh: i can't tell if his acting just sucks or + that and the choices he's making :lol:

That's the main thing I remmeber hearing about with the production of the movie and another Hendrix biopic.

Then I heard nothing. No big release.

Saw it on demand, like oh yeah I remember this.

Been digging 3stax acting on American Crime Story.

I'm not even out of the first act and I'm digging it.
It's not going to be "A Hollywood Movie" about a guitar hero God, I can see that.

Jimi was different.
Andre might just kill this role.
All I see right now is Jimi, that's not Andre.

....to be continued

Jimi was pretty great.
Andre nailed it.
Imogen, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
I wanted to hear more from her, I hung on her every word.
I loved the script.
I feel cheated.
The film could have easily ran another hour and I'd still want to know more, know what's next, see another scene, feel another moment.

As far as not having any of Jimi's music, well it didn't have much music at all, his or otherwise.

It was a nice look at his way in to the industry with his moral fiber as the backdrop, who he was. Hearing the music wasn't an important part of how this story was told, for me that is.
How he felt about the music was the story, and we hear that instead of the actual Music.

I want more, shame it's over.

Last edited:
whoever told me to stick with the leftovers....thank you. didn't much care for season 1. season 2 was pretty good. season 3 was great. the finale was beautiful. i wish they could have ended lost in a similar fashion. carrie **** was outstanding. i think her performance outshined those of the entire cast. since i didn't watch this in real time, i didn't take notice of how people reacted to the last ep. were people as angry as they were with the sopranos or lost? i can see that some wouldn't like it but the payoff for me was well worth it (even though i had to suffer through mutes in white smoking cigs for so much of the damn show).

last thought: the music for the whole series was fantastic.

I gotta finish up the last 3 eps this weekend. Show is strange, weird, and wonderful. Nora bae is unstable and unpredictable but still into her.

Headed to see Birth of the Dragon. Not expecting anything. Also looking forward to Good Time and Ingrid Goes West.

Back
Top Bottom