Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I rarely watch movies in theater. Catching a movie with my pop tonight. Debating between Dunkirk and Annabelle. Thoughts??

I rarely watch movies in theater. Catching a movie with my pop tonight. Debating between Dunkirk and Annabelle. Thoughts??

I watched Annabelle and Atomic Blonde this weekend.

Anna is alright, I'm pretty sure Dunkirk is the better movie, I just haven't had the time to get to it yet.

dunkirk is aight. Watching it at this time of night I might actually fall asleep. The scenes with the planes were the best parts.

C CP1708 fam, you need to get on game of thrones. call in sick for a week and binge it all. how are you watching the defenders before game of thrones. dont do this.

:lol:

I will get to GoT. I promise.

But Defenders is 8 episodes. GoT is almost 8 seasons, easier to clear Defenders off the docket than Game.

And I don't call in sick, ever.

:lol:

I will get to GoT. I promise.

But Defenders is 8 episodes. GoT is almost 8 seasons, easier to clear Defenders off the docket than Game.

And I don't call in sick, ever.

you havent seen stranger things either and we are closer to season 2 in october :smh:

dolphins got cutler and america is rooting for them to take out the pats.

im saying, use them sick days :nerd:

and narcos season 3 is literally around the corner :wow: what a time to be alive.

Yoooooo. What Happened to Monday was mother effing DOPE. Netflix killing the game with their original movies!

Dope dope dope dope

Wow man

10 out of 8 man

Last edited:
Started watching Westworld. Bros that show is great. 2 episodes in and I'm hooked.

The scene where the woman is shooting errbody down with 'paint it black' in the background.

IMG_0677.GIF
I won't lie I was secretly waiting for the main character to get fully nude. :evil:

Going to need to try and watch What Happened to Monday tonight, Netflix was acting up yesterday.

Defenders: *sigh, maybe I'm still reeling from having to quit TwinPeaks when I thought I had 8-9 episodes left but......

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to put up with this editing for 10+ episodes. In the opening scene there is a tunnel fight, and it was awful. I couldn't see the fight. Not because it was too dark, but because they kept changing the camera view every time a punch was thrown. When one punch takes a 4part edit it gets frustrating. Even the small chase where IronFist is running through the tunnel it (the camera)kept showing him running from the back then the front then the back again when he never changed directions. Then when he does change directions that takes 4 separate shots. It's an Action Series, give us a continuous shot and let us enjoy. :smh:

Chill it is only 8 episodes and it gets much better, not great though as the episodes move on. Best is when they all meet up officially. Is dude serious about Gladiator, the one with Russell Crowe. Did they make a movie recently called Gladiator?

The Defenders was a solid show, don't get me wrong...

Can't help but feel like marvel netflix is coasting at this point, though. I feel like there was room for improvement at all fronts.

Between the Iron Fist show, the Defenders not being as good as I wanted it to be, and ppl already ragging on Inhumans...maybe Marvel TV is just falling off

I won't lie I was secretly waiting for the main character to get fully nude. :evil::

Going to need to try and watch What Happened to Monday tonight, Netflix was acting up yesterday.

What Happened to Monday was the best thing I watched on netflix all weekend. Truly dope movie. Once it starts moving, it doesn't stop.

Yea.. this has been bugging me for a while. These "fight" scenes rely on cuts because the actors ain't about that life. It's why recent movies like the Raid and John Wick are more enjoyable.

Somebody posted this video earlier. This part explains why "martial arts" scenes in American films / tv shows are the way they are:

Good looking out for the repost, just pay for the actors to learn how to fight and make one less stupid movie. So many movies are getting greenlite that are terrible, save the money. After watching examples of Jackie explaining it things were made so clear. You forget how good fight scenes use to be because of the plethora of badly shot ones now. I even went back and watched old Cynthia Rothrock videos. John Wick was pretty incredible.

Westworld was just OK for me. They keep you hooked by showing just enough to keep you interested and making it seem like there was more coming around the corner. But there never was though.

I watched the entire season and to tell you the truth, I don't think I care enough to watch the second season

There is another show out there about robots becoming sentient that I like better... I'm forgetting the name of it though

Last edited:
The Defenders was a solid show, don't get me wrong...

Can't help but feel like marvel netflix is coasting at this point, though. I feel like there was room for improvement at all fronts.

Between the Iron Fist show, the Defenders not being as good as I wanted it to be, and ppl already ragging on Inhumans...maybe Marvel TV is just falling off
Oh they are clearly coasting, which is why Netflix bought that other comic book show.

Back
Top Bottom