Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Didn't get to 99 Homes this weekend (might watch tonight if I get some time,) but I did watch Girl on the Train.

Honestly, I thought it was much better than Gone Girl. I really enjoyed the film. In reading some of the user reviews on IMDB after, I see a lot of the criticism came from folks who read the book before viewing. I never read the book, so I went in to the film with an open mind. I thought Emily Blunt was fantastic in her role, and I loved the pace and the events leading up to the finish. I'll give it a solid 7/10. Well worth the rental.

*edit*

Dumb question...when some of yall rate films, why do you cap it at 8 and not 10? Just something I've wondered...

Last edited:
Didn't get to 99 Homes this weekend (might watch tonight if I get some time,) but I did watch Girl on the Train.

Honestly, I thought it was much better than Gone Girl. I really enjoyed the film. In reading some of the user reviews on IMDB after, I see a lot of the criticism came from folks who read the book before viewing. I never read the book, so I went in to the film with an open mind. I thought Emily Blunt was fantastic in her role, and I loved the pace and the events leading up to the finish. I'll give it a solid 7/10. Well worth the rental.

*edit*

Dumb question...when some of yall rate films, why do you cap it at 8 and not 10? Just something I've wondered...

Two things, there is only 8 scale, not this arbitrary 10 you used, and lastly, Gone Girl was far superior, imo, but I did like Girl on the Train alot.

Gone Girl had better performances and a much more interesting villain. Girl was in fact, "Gone", as they say.

*edit*

Two things, there is only 8 scale, not this arbitrary 10 you used, and lastly, Gone Girl was far superior, imo, but I did like Girl on the Train alot.

Gone Girl had better performances and a much more interesting villain. Girl was in fact, "Gone", as they say.

I hated...absolutely HATED the ending of Gone Girl. The last 30 minutes were so intense, and then it was over. It had a lifetime movie type of vibe to it :lol:

Gone Girl = 4.5/8

Girl on the Train 5.75/8

(8 scale now :lol: )

I don't think it's right that you guys shame those who use the /10

#freedomofchoice
#weademocracy
#thenumbertenmatters

#freedomofchoice
#weademocracy
#thenumbertenmatters

We about to have beef in this thread too :smh:

house rules.. it's like dominoes, you play by the house rules.. some places you pick up 5 or more doubles, you throw back in.. others, that's your problem for announcing it to the world

#freedomofchoice
#weademocracy
#thenumbertenmatters

house rules.. it's like dominoes, you play by the house rules.. some places you pick up 5 or more doubles, you throw back in.. others, that's your problem for announcing it to the world

Interesting analogy, but

This thread isn't exactly a private club

It's more like a public park where anyone can chillax at

Last edited:

#freedomofchoice
#weademocracy
#thenumbertenmatters

This thread isn't exactly a private club

It's more like a public park where anyone can chillax at

Also, NT itself is like a private club.. this is one of the backrooms to that club

Also, NT itself is like a private club.. this is one of the backrooms to that club

NT is like a country

Each other sections is like a state

Each thread is like a park

They have these little things called laws that exist to some degree in countries..

Those laws apply within the parks as well, in said countries.. you can also have simpler rules that apply specifically within the park, like say having to pick up after your dog or face a fine

In a park there's rules of conduct, which I'm following, and rules of attire, which doesn't apply here

Imposing any other rules is just oppression [emoji]128518[/emoji]

In a park there's rules of conduct, which I'm following, and rules of attire, which doesn't apply here

Imposing any other rules is just oppression [emoji]128518[/emoji]
You out here yelling /10 and taking off your shirt right now.

Amazon won tonight.

They beat NETFLIX to the Oscar.

Beasts of No Nation should have one though.
I'm going to watch Moonlight tonight but then I'll follow up with Manchester and see what's what. I can't see it being a better film than Beasts though, maybe Beasts was up against better films, or perhaps a year removed, the Academy can fathom Awarding a streaming service, who knows.

Beasts was more powerful than any film this year, it definitely should have had it's moment.

Friend of mine saw Arrival, said it was awesome and felt Nolan-vibes throughout.

Will catch it this week at some point

a-friend a-friend
:pimp:

It came up for Sound Editing and I knew that was a lock for them.
What I don't get, is the difference between Sound editing and Sound Mixing(Which Hacksaw won)

But sound, Arrival is Pinnacle.

Back
Top Bottom