Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:x I remember hearing about how she's the top "worst smelling actors to work with" in the industry. All into that not wearing any deodorant all natural type steez. Makes me sick to my stomache just thinking about it.

That smell used to be a turn on before Man was domesticated.
I remember my 8th grade Sex Ed teacher schooling us on pheromones.
Said that when turned on the body reacts and is further stimulated by undeodorized Women/Men, and not until washing, shaming or domestication did it become a turnoff for our species because the conditioned mind would override our natural instinct.

Last edited:

Amazon won tonight.

They beat NETFLIX to the Oscar.

Beasts of No Nation should have one though.
I'm going to watch Moonlight tonight but then I'll follow up with Manchester and see what's what. I can't see it being a better film than Beasts though, maybe Beasts was up against better films, or perhaps a year removed, the Academy can fathom Awarding a streaming service, who knows.
You gonna be depressed tonight.
Ended up liking Moonlight quite a bit.

Of course it was nice to watch Naomie and Remy cook, but man I was glued to the characters, all of them.

They were all attractive from an interest standpoint, I cared about them. 

It's weird to look at a Film before hand and think, I don't want to hear this story again, and then before the first end scene you find yourself so invested in the characters.

That can become uplifting for me by Films end, and this ending was flawless.

You rise and sink with the character.

This was really well done.

I don't know any of the backstory really except small excerpts from what I've heard over Oscar weekend.

I look forward to reading about the guys who made it, and how this all came about, and then any other projects they have (saw one posted earlier)

I haven't seen Lala but I can see how this would be a winner. For sure.

6.75/8

Finally caught SPLIT tonight.

Some super uncomfortable scenes.

Respect to James McAvoy dude has skills.

6/8

Last edited:
:x I remember hearing about how she's the top "worst smelling actors to work with" in the industry. All into that not wearing any deodorant all natural type steez. Makes me sick to my stomache just thinking about it.

shailene-woodley-stinks-really.gif

Watched 99 Homes last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Garfield and Shannon gave stellar performances. It's a drama along the lines of The Big Short. You get to see the scumbag nature of a real estate broker who preys on folks who are facing foreclosure. It was interesting watching the dynamic of Garfield and Shannon and how Garfield gets tied into the whole scheme. Everything sets up for an intense ending. Overall, I give it:

5.93/8

Watched 99 Homes last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Garfield and Shannon gave stellar performances. It's a drama along the lines of The Big Short. You get to see the scumbag nature of a real estate broker who preys on folks who are facing foreclosure. It was interesting watching the dynamic of Garfield and Shannon and how Garfield gets tied into the whole scheme. Everything sets up for an intense ending. Overall, I give it:

5.93/8
Checking it out ASAP.

Sounds like she marinades her body in her own juices to me. Her flavor funk mixed with my aventus will have me smelling like zeus on mount olympus.

Moonlight hurt me soul. Makes me wonder how many people in my schools went through **** like this. Kinda puts things into perspective as far as kids getting instilled with confidence when they're young and of course being in ****** living situations. Had a few friends in school that always got clowned on the daily, hope they're doing well.

I watched Manchester last night and it had Damon written all over it.
The Boston humor and quick witted kid was like a softer watered down version of Will Hunting. I think he went annoyingly overboard with it. There were so many tragedies throughout but I didn't mind at all. I thought Casey was good but I thought the kid was better TBH. Michelle Killed her part, she always kills her part. At the end of the film I was glad I watched and I'd definitely watch it again.

6/8

I'm on Lion now. Man I don't know if I'll make it through this one. I don't appreciate how long it took to get started and then how they just skip the time all of a sudden. Setup followed by that immediate skip was bad. I've been kind of half way watching though. I like watching Dev work, as well as Rooney so...I'm going to call this one quits for now and start it back up later.

Last edited:
The Oscars fiasco was absolutely absurd :lol: I rewatched it like 3 times when it happened. Affleck was deserving but man I felt bad for Denzel. And it's cool to see Emma Stone take home Best actress. She was deserving and has come a long way in her career.

Loved seeing Moonlight get Best picture though.

Get out is amazing. Saw it last night and I want to go back immediately to see it again. Funny, scary, socially relevant, and the way Peele was able to make every scene, line, and moment in the movie matter and mean something. He stuffed in so much foreshadowing, commentary, and double meanings throughout the movie. I didn't know keep he was capable of this kind of excellence. Well done.

Was trying to make it to the theater to watch John Wick 2. Was cutting it close, on my way there this dumb bish just hits her breaks in the middle of the road because a car far off to the right turns into the next lane. Had to slam on my breaks and missed her car by like a foot. Wish I was strapped like Wick and shot out her tires. Gonna catch a 10:20 showing tonight.

Caught 2 flicks last night:

The Great Wall 4/8 - One of the worst movies of the year for sure.

The LEGO Batman Movie 6/8 - A bunch of laughs. The Batman and Robin dynamic was amazing. I wish the plot was better but I'll take it for a LEGO movie.

Moonlight hurt me soul. Makes me wonder how many people in my schools went through **** like this. Kinda puts things into perspective as far as kids getting instilled with confidence when they're young and of course being in ****** living situations. Had a few friends in school that always got clowned on the daily, hope they're doing well.
saw it for the first time last night. I was hoping that Ali's character didn't come up again when we moved on from that part. the movie did hurt me as well. having to be masculine as hell or else they'll tease you to no ends. had a classmate who killed himself probably one or two years outta high school. kinda thought about him and a few others I used to know. sometimes, like in the movie, we just want closure and things that happened in life no matter how long ago.

gonna watch La La tonight. been watching movie a day having a strict work schedule now I can organise a daily routine more easily

Yeah I really liked the movie and appreciated the subject matter and character work but I couldn't relate.

I understand the shame and horrible parent and tough upbringing but just in general son ain't get any type of butt since he got a handy on the beach? I couldn't live that life. Second I started trapping and had my own spot I would've made up for 17-18 years.

Back
Top Bottom