Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

To be fair for those who don't know, there's a reason Unthinkable didn't release in theaters.

Nobody was supporting that as a feature film.

To be fair for those who don't know, there's a reason Unthinkable didn't release in theaters.

Nobody was supporting that as a feature film.
Unthinkable is not just shock and gore or whatever either, so I hope we didn't paint it that way.

It's the best stuff you can ask for as far as Psychological Thrillers go.

The story is dope. 

Gripping AF.

You will definitely feel it. 

It needs to be watched by everybody who loves Film, at least once.

That thin line between....man it needs to be watched, and they will feel what I'm talking about.

Some of Sam L's best stuff right there.

Last edited:
Yeah, far from gore and just plain excessive violence for the sake of it. Much deeper than that.

This movie could've been banned in America just based on the political stances it took had they went further with it.

Last edited:
Naomi Harris is fly.

Collateral Beauty: Hmm, well....I didn't read any reviews before but I read two right after. Roper who hated it and gave it a 25 and Toppman of the Charlotte Observer who gave it the single highest rating, a 75. I agree with both.

Of course I didn't need to read either because what was written is pretty much what I knew would be written.

It's worth a watch, I mean it has Pena and Winslet and Kiera and Will and Ed and Mirren, and they all made the movie much much better than it was. It was a **** script, but pretty ballsie nonetheless. The setting was too pretty and the music was generic but it was all doable.

5/8
I might give it a 6/8 if I'd had a few beers, since I dig Naomi something fierce since first seeing her in 28Days Later.

You know, it's crazy how good Will is.
I mean his lines were so bad but he delivered them.
He was cooking with no grease.

Last edited:
Something to watch every weekend now..

Get Out, and maybe Before I Fall next weekend.

King Kong the weekend after that.

Beauty and the Beast after that.

And Power Rangers the last weekend :pimp:

And also Iron Fist to binge on Netflix one of these weekends. :pimp: :pimp:

Probably the busiest March mainstream movie wise in recent memory.

Last edited:
Nocturnal Animals...

Someone pls help explain that ending.

The movie was just getting real interesting then...end credits :stoneface:

WTF yo. :smh:

Get Out 8/8

I honestly think because I was in my local $5 joint on a Saturday with all my people making comments made it an 8/8.

Also, Rodney Williams. GOAT.

Last edited:
Nocturnal Animals...

The book he wrote is really about his treacherous trollop of an ex-wife who was cheating on him and then aborted his child. Going through that **** made him a better writer.

The daughter and wife get brutally raped and murdered in the story. They represent his ex and unborn child. The husband in the book then goes on to eventually killing the murderers somewhat reluctantly and he finally moves on.

Now after the ex reads the story he leaves some message or letter saying he'd like to meet but he doesn't really want to. He's over this petty *****. However, this story completely rocks this chick. She's all ****** up after reading it, she's thinking about her ex more, the guy she left him for aint paying attention to her and is cheating on her, and her daughter doesn't want anything to do with her. She's hype to meet for dinner. Can't wait.

This dude basically leaves her hanging and plays her after saying he would meet so she can hold that L. She don't got **** going on with her life waiting for hrs for him to show up and he has his closure which is why he never shows up in the present and is only seen in her flashbacks.

Its basically about dude moving on by writing a riveting story while she's currently pretty lonely in a lifeless marriage, nonexistent relationship with her kid, and meh career.

Last edited:
Nocturnal Animals...

The book he wrote is really about his treacherous trollop of an ex-wife who was cheating on him and then aborted his child. Going through that **** made him a better writer.

The daughter and wife get brutally raped and murdered in the story. They represent his ex and unborn child. The husband in the book then goes on to eventually killing the murderers somewhat reluctantly and he finally moves on.

Now after the ex reads the story he leaves some message or letter saying he's like to new but hebdoesnt really want to. He's over this petty *****. However, this story completely rocks this chick. She's all ****** up after reading it, she's thinking about her ex more, the guy she left him for aint paying attention to her and is cheating on her, and her daughter doesn't want anything to do with her. She's hype to meet for dinner. Can't wait.

This dude basically leaves her hanging and plays her after saying he would meet so she can hold that L. She don't got **** going on with her life waiting for hrs for him to show up and he has his closure which is why he never shows up in the present and is only seen in her flashbacks.

Its basically about dude moving on by writing a riveting story while she's currently pretty lonely in a lifeless marriage, nonexistent relationship with her kid, and meh career.

Exceptional explanation.
Definitely makes 100x more sense now :lol:

Thank you Zik. :smokin

Yeah, excellent summary Zik :pimp: :lol: I loved the ending, and that by far tops how I could explain or summarize my feelings.

Exceptional explanation.
Definitely makes 100x more sense now
laugh.gif

Thank you Zik.
smokin.gif
Yeah, excellent summary Zik
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I loved the ending, and that by far tops how I could explain or summarize my feelings.

And I totally get on a first watch seeing that ending and initially feeling like what the ****, that's it? Cuz you really want Jake to show up in a better place and just rip this chick a part or something as a sort of cherry on top but when you dwell on it and keep in mind it's been years since their divorce (her daughter with the other guy is a teenager). Who knows what else he went through getting over all of that.

So he just stands her up. Probably got more important things to do.

Last edited:
Nocturnal Animals...

Now after the ex reads the story he leaves some message or letter saying he'd like to meet but he doesn't really want to. He's over this petty *****. However, this story completely rocks this chick. She's all ****** up after reading it, she's thinking about her ex more, the guy she left him for aint paying attention to her and is cheating on her, and her daughter doesn't want anything to do with her. She's hype to meet for dinner. Can't wait.

Actually made me want to fully watch it now.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/2017-oscar-winners-full-list.html

Vulture posted the entire list of winners, already? Don't click if you're averting spoilers because this might be real. :lol:  Serious.
Nah they're updating as the show goes :lol:

I was about to say but they didn't have OJ in bold which just won.

I had no idea Naomi was in Moonlight.

I have to watch that tonight now.
What? :lol: I thought that was the whole reason you were raving about her more the past few weeks.

She's been in the spotlight more cuz of the movie

Last edited:
Hidden Figures 6/8.

Somewhat not what I thought it would be in a good way. The obligatory racist scenes still had me annoyed but I liked how the movie delved in to the lives of these women.

Katherine barking on dude made up for that weak *** chopping down of the coloreds only sign. Her being key to the landing for Glenn after the IBM **** up is wildly overlooked.

Same with Mary using her mind to convince the judge to let her go to the school.

So much racist piece of **** atmosphere though.

Movie had me happy to see it but sad and disappointed I didn't know about so many black women working in the space program for NASA.

Amazon won tonight.

They beat NETFLIX to the Oscar.

Beasts of No Nation should have one though.
I'm going to watch Moonlight tonight but then I'll follow up with Manchester and see what's what. I can't see it being a better film than Beasts though, maybe Beasts was up against better films, or perhaps a year removed, the Academy can fathom Awarding a streaming service, who knows.

Hidden Figures 6/8.

Somewhat not what I thought it would be in a good way. The obligatory racist scenes still had me annoyed but I liked how the movie delved in to the lives of these women.

Katherine barking on dude made up for that weak *** chopping down of the coloreds only sign. Her being key to the landing for Glenn after the IBM **** up is wildly overlooked.

Same with Mary using her mind to convince the judge to let her go to the school.

So much racist piece of **** atmosphere though.

Movie had me happy to see it but sad and disappointed I didn't know about so many black women working in the space program for NASA.

What's even dumber is the chopping down of the sign didn't happen that way, it was actually one of the women who led the front on that got it taken down. They legit wanted to add the scene to make it seem like well theirs one good white guy

Back
Top Bottom