Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Will probably end up watching Get Out. I'm staying away from Logan like it's diseased. Logan might end up being good but staying away from marvel movies made by Fox until they give the rights back to Marvel studios.

Yeah no matter how many people say Logan is good, I'm not going to pay Fox a single red cent.

The movie theater experience is the only way I'll watch a movie I'm really into.

Home watching are for movies I was curious about but not willing to go to the theater for...and TV shows.

Been lucky with TV shows lately. Binged on a crap load of nice shows lately.
my thoughts exactly.  

and they way they renovated all the theaters the seating is great now. leather electric recliners and whatnot. 

and i don't know if yall have ipic near yall but it's the best theatre experience i've ever had.

you purchase loveseats, that come with blankets and pillows with a waitress that will serve you.  and the seats are built that you don't notice anyone else in the theater around you.

GOAT.

i try to watch as many as i can in the theaters and what i miss i watch at home.

Loveseats with blankets :wow:

Whoa what's the name of that theater.

*edit Ohhhh ipic. My bad dog I didn't read :lol:

I think they got an ipic in the city. I've never gone cuz it's always just easier to watch a movie in the burbs. I think I will make that trip for King Kong though.

Last edited:
it's not cheap though but me and my lady go a lot cause we like to have dinner there too..their food is really good. 

and my lady likes paying for the tickets cause she has an ipic membership...so im always down.

last time i had a lobster roll and truffle fries...shh was the bomb

but yeah you should go when there is a movie you are really excited for and know will be good... it really enhances the experience.

not gonna lie i've seen some pretty good movies that i know if i didn't watch it at ipic i wouldn't have enjoyed it at all lmao

Last edited:
Here ya'll go with exceptions. 
laugh.gif

Home>>>>>> unless it's a visual effects driven movie.

​Why else would i need to go to the theater?

The home theater experience can be fantastic if built right.
this is true. if you got one of those theatre rooms in your house 

my bro got a theatre room with the stadium seats and got a full screen projector.  joint is dope af

and playing video games in that room is crazy. 

[thread="287925"]Quote:[/thread]
The home theater experience can be fantastic if built right.
this is true. if you got one of those theatre rooms in your house 

my bro got a theatre room with the stadium seats and got a full screen projector.  joint is dope af
and playing video games in that room is crazy. 

I wonder how much that cost your bro. Sounds dope.

jeff bridges being racist in the movie isnt an opinion
Jeff Bridges wasn't being racist in this movie. Jeff Bridges is an actor who played a character in a movie. Jeff Bridges didn't write the script or direct this film or produce it.

Keep going though :lol:

your "analysis" thats it just "a buddy cop trope" is an opinion
It wasn't an analysis. You are still struggling to grasp this concept.

If you can't you'll never be able to understand.
and writing it off as "buddy cop" doesnt explain away the racism
You still don't get it :lol:

Racism isn't being explained away.

You won't apparently. Get over those personal issues.

Last edited:
I love going to the theatres.

I wonder where do some of you guys prefer to sit. I always, always, always go early so I can sit all the way at the top and sit right down in the middle.

:lol:

Assigned seats make it unnecessary to go early anymore.

Find myself agreeing with home over theater.

Only need the theater for certain must see movies in my mind. I'm way more story/acting focused than visual.

This weekend I got 99 Homes and Girl on the Train.
Let me know about 99 Homes. Never got around to checking it.

Also get that diaper for Unthinkable. It aint no popcorn flick. Intense on several levels.

Last edited:
I'm catchin Star Wars or Avengers in the theater every time, EVERY, time.

After that, I much rather stay at home and lounge on my couch or recliner and watch a movie. I don't have big money in my set up, but I have enough to make it vibrate a lil in the living room. :lol:

Theaters just cost too damn much. I love my local joint, it's quiet, not too many people, decent set up, I can get a noon showing for 8 bucks, and like 53 dollars for a soda, not bad. :lol: But that's if I go by myself. If I take my wife and daughter, it's easy 60-70 bucks these days.

We don't have an ipic nearby, but we have a Cinetopia which sounds very similar. Lounge seating, reserved seats, food served etc. Wife and I have gone a couple times, but it's rare.

Sadly, I left my long time job this month, and with that, my movie hook up is now gone. :frown: No more seein every damn thing I wanted at home with a flash drive. :smh: I'm gonna miss it a helluva lot more than I planned for.

The more I look up ipic theaters the more I want to go.

March around the corner. A few movies I want to see in the theater. :pimp:

Last edited:
im sorry did i really need to say jeff bridges character? wasnt that implied?

i dont know if youre capable of intentionally trying to insult my intelligence and simultaneously subvert criticism of the movie

but to say get over it? 
mean.gif

its obvious that youre just arguing for the sake of it

the next time its a movie with a white man calling his black partner sambo and jigaboo i guess youll say the same thing

but you got it i just dont "understand" 
eyes.gif

im sorry did i really need to say jeff bridges character? wasnt that implied?
Yes. Not coming from you.

I could easily see you going off on Bridges for being an actual racist for taking the role after reading the script since you don't get it.
but to say get over it?
Ahhh, here we are with the low key lies. Where did I tell you to get over it? More assumptions and putting words in my mouth or perhaps is the comprehension disability.

You couldn't quote me where I said that to you but I'm sure you'll later say I implied it right? That's your thing, don't address what actually happened, make up **** for why what happened happened :lol: :smh:

Probably from your 2nd reply you probably already created a narrative for how this back and forth would go so you can try to push ya agenda and justify your bull **** due to your problems.

Same ****, different day with you. Ask a question you already feel you have the answers to then make up a bunch of bull **** that didn't happen. Now you're lying about what I've said. The comprehension is so poor.

Last edited:
We don't have an ipic nearby, but we have a Cinetopia which sounds very similar. Lounge seating, reserved seats, food served etc. Wife and I have gone a couple times, but it's rare.
Cinetopia is the **** :pimp: Love that place, but too expensive to go very often.

Sadly, I left my long time job this month, and with that, my movie hook up is now gone. :frown: No more seein every damn thing I wanted at home with a flash drive. :smh: I'm gonna miss it a helluva lot more than I planned for.
Damn man for real? Why'd you leave? Better be for a better opportunity. No creep, but when you sent me some movie script a while back I'm pretty sure it was from your work email, so I know you were at a damn good spot.

[thread="287925"] [/thread]
but to say get over it?
Where did I tell you to get over it?  I'm sure you'll later say I implied it right

[thread="287925"] [/thread]
You won't apparently. Get over those personal issues.
I didn't tell you to get over racism.

I told you to get over your personal issues and problems that seems to be distorting your perspective.

We just talked about this on the last page :lol: You were claiming you could say the same to me and I said I don't care cuz all I did was reply to you after you posted your opinion and made up recollections about the movie. Did you forget? Or is the comprehension still poor?

Last edited:
there is no "distortion in perspective"

it is simply my opinion of the movie

so telling me to get over "personal issues" is still skirting the fact that there are no personal issues clouding my judgment of the movie any more than your "issues" cloud yours

you seem to think that only your interpretation is "objective"

what you fail to see is that simply ascribing your "basic" notions doesn't encompass the more important question of the necessity of it

Back
Top Bottom