Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I love going to the theatres.

I wonder where do some of you guys prefer to sit. I always, always, always go early so I can sit all the way at the top and sit right down in the middle.

:lol:

Last edited:

I wonder where do some of you guys prefer to sit. I always, always, always go early so I can sit all the way at the top and sit right down in the middle.

Local theater by me has the railing in the front row of the main seating. If that's open when I walk in I usually grab one of those seats so I can have my feet up.

This fool just sold out to Netflix didn't he? 
laugh.gif

Unthinkable was so f'ing flames
pimp.gif

That movie will put some things into perspective for you.

My girl never did finish it and then she woke up crying some nights for weeks after.

It was something.
Ya'll soft.

Movie was good but don't see what had ya'll so shook.

Wasn't even gory.

Couple fingers and a throat.

[thread="287925"]Oh Im Sorry Did I Break Your Conversation Well Allow Me A Movie Thread By S T/59600_100#post_27603643​[/thread]
suffice to say im not just "making it up" 
eyes.gif
So you did come in here with an agenda on top of already having your own conclusions
laugh.gif

That you were expecting an answer that excuses the actions of the character proves my point. You do not understand.
i didnt come with an agenda, i came with my opinion of the movie

you telling me "its a trope, you just dont understand" only fully illuminates how YOU are the one with an agenda

because simply based off of your assertion that the trope is "buddy cops that rib each other", nowhere in that trope is racism a requirement

so your adamant and at this point incorrect position only shows me youre more interested in denigration than discussion

notice i never made any aspersions on you but you felt compelled to reduce my criticism of the movie to a personal "agenda"

its so transparent 
laugh.gif

Take this argument to PM's ya Jabronis. "But but but, he said this....." Sounding like a couple of kindergarteners in here :lol:

take it to pm?

nah

i think ppl need to see this

too many people simply like to write off racism or downplay it

Last edited:

Local theater by me has the railing in the front row of the main seating. If that's open when I walk in I usually grab one of those seats so I can have my feet up.

Yea the aisle that's directly in front of the railing was my favorite seat until more and more theaters started coming out with the upholstered, reclining seats. Now almost any seat that's close to the middle of the screen is fine as long as it's not on an aisle that sits too far close (first three aisles)

Being able to recline makes that fourth aisle comfortable to watch.

It's interesting to see how rt ratings are viewed in different threads.

The first time I ever saw a trailer for Get Out I seriously thought it was a comedy and parody like scary movie. But then I kept seeing more trailers and interviews with the cast and Peele and saw it was a serious horror type movie.

I'm sure it's great. Was gonna check it out off the first trailer but it seems to be getting rave reviews.

[thread="287925"]​[/thread]

suffice to say im not just "making it up" :rolleyes
So you did come in here with an agenda on top of already having your own conclusions :lol:

That you were expecting an answer that excuses the actions of the character proves my point. You do not understand.
i didnt come with an agenda, i came with my opinion of the movie
No. You came with a question you decided you already had the answer to.

So far you haven't shown you grasp the trope in the slightest so why pretend as if this is a difference of opinion? Not to mention the assumptions about my views on that relationship in the movie.

Last edited:
Hmmm... might try to see this weekend. Wasn't planning on putting it high on my list since I wanted to catch an Oscar nom film first, but it has been a while since my last horror movie in theaters.

Will probably end up watching Get Out. I'm staying away from Logan like it's diseased. Logan might end up being good but staying away from marvel movies made by Fox until they give the rights back to Marvel studios.

Last edited:
i agree.  going to the theatres > sitting at home.

it's not even close. 

no one makes film's with the home experience in mind but the opposite is true

going to see get out tonight 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Love watching movies from the comfort of my own house. Last movie I saw in the theater was American Sniper :lol:

Might get flamed, but the movie theater "experience" does nothing for me.

Once new movies that look interesting to me come out, I log in to Netflix and add them to the queue. Was just on this AM adding Get out and Split.

After browsing the thread, I'm now interested in Unthinkable. Sounds intense.

The movie theater experience is the only way I'll watch a movie I'm really into.

Home watching are for movies I was curious about but not willing to go to the theater for...and TV shows.

Been lucky with TV shows lately. Binged on a crap load of nice shows lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom