Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I've been tight I haven't been able to fully catch all of s1.

I caught a random ep and it was hilarious :lol:

Last edited:
Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them 5.9/8.

I enjoyed it. The magic effects and what not was entertaining.

Pacific Warriors makes Deadliest Catch look like a picnic.
The Islands are fricking breath taking. I haven't seen colors like that since being in Jamaica.
It's a show about Kayak fisherman. It's pretty intense. No sooner than they hook a big catch the Sharks smell the blood and start circling, 14ft+ sharks making those Kayaks look like toys, trying to steal the catch. Pretty dope thing to see. There is a set of fisherman called the Uyeda Brothers and they hook a 150lb Marlin with a rod, as they are struggling to pull it onto the Kayak and a Tiger Shark shows and grabs at the Marlin. They get it aboard but they are 5miles out from the shore. Man that damn Shark chased them all the way to the Beach. What an adrenaline rush that must've been. There is a Female that is a World Class diver who fishes with them but she's an under water fisher, with a spear. Man she swam right at a Great White to stand her ground and ended up grabbing hold of the fin and swimming 15 minutes with the Shark.
Who are these people?!

Last edited:
Pacific Rim>Godzilla. What a movie, art/special effects style with the Neon lights taking center stage, very pleasing visually. Bought this, Godzilla, and Edge Of Tomorrow from Best Buy for $8 each.

Pacific Rim: 7/8
Godzilla: 6.5/8
Edge Of Tomorrow: 7/8

I'm a sucker for Disaster, Alien, and huge monster(kaiju) movies so these were great for me(also a fan of Gundam Wing so that was another check).

Last edited:
This is why the 8 point scale is ridiculous.

Pacific Rim isn't as good as Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla aint no .5 point range of either. :smh:

Pacific Rim isn't as good as Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla aint no .5 point range of either. :smh:
Edge Of Tomorrow had a few moments where it kinda dragged. Pacific Rim was visually pleasing so for everything it fell short on(generic characters and predictability[kind of]) it made up for in visually effects and humor. Also, I can add ".5" to my Godzilla rating if I want to. In fact, it makes more sense if you want to give a more precise score.

Edge Of Tomorrow had a few moments where it kinda dragged. Pacific Rim was visually pleasing so for everything it fell short on(generic characters and predictability[kind of]) it made up for in visually effects and humor. Also, I can add ".5" to my Godzilla rating if I want to. In fact, it makes more sense if you want to give a more precise score.
laugh.gif
 nah i'm not mad at the .5

:lol:  nah i'm not mad at the .5

Read it wrong, Edge Of Tomorrow is not head and shoulders above Godzilla, if anything, Godzilla has more depth and drama which i definitely appreciate. If Cranston stayed alive, it would have been even better. Edge of Tomorrow was great and was a excellent fresh take on time-travel/aliens, it's just that the characters had little depth so I had no resolving feeling in the end. Not to mention the support characters were completely disposable, I don't blame it on the script or the production team though, the story just had a pinpoint purpose and it executed it well.

Lethal Weapon got renewed for season 2 C CP1708 :smokin

I've been lurking a lot but I just wanted to mention I've agreed with all your thoughts on the show. It's been a really entertaining hour of weekly television.
Something with a lot of heart yet still light and easy to consume for casual viewing.

Really happy to hear the news :smokin

Yeah I finally cracked and watched. It pretty good. Honors the movies and does its own thing.

6.7 out of 8 "I'm too old for this ****" quips

I looked at it as ball busting like friends do. You could tell they liked each other. 
Chalk it up to Texan humor.
see i see it like it was jeff daniels character being that old school racist thats on his way out and the partner representing more diversity/progress

like a situation he was the boss and racist and repugnant but he just had to eat **** and take it

the one or two moments he had retorting back i think were the first and second time he ever said anything in his own defense

its that "good old boy" humor thats really racist, but jeff daniels just wanted him to accept it as the way it is

however for all that guys shucking and jiving he caught a bullet for his trouble, which i think is also why jeff daniels felt so bad

like he knew when the guy died he had treated him like crap their entire "friendship"

like this is somebody you work with, and supposed to show some level of respect for

callin that man all kind of names nah he was a bully wasnt no friendship

but its just a difference of opinions 

Last edited:
You ever been around southern or military folks?
so then you think daniels was racist? 
nerd.gif

cuz when you say southern/military, it has racist connotations

like it may jus be that ingrained, everyone-wants-to-take-it-for-granted, write-it-off racism

but its still racism

Last edited:
i hear u, that kind of back and forth repartee, except it wasnt

he was a mexican/native american

and only one man, the white man, was making derogatory jokes

Comet, the dog from Full House, was played by Buddy/Air Bud (the dog from Air Bud) for one episode. The one where Jesse can't play basketball and has the line, 'Even Comet can do it.'

Versatile. 

Has nothing to do with the scale of 8. Just opinions you disagree with.

Pacific Rim is barely a 5/8 to me but it's w/e. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom