Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

man just went to IMDB and noticed they closed down their message boards yesterday. I never posted there but I always enjoyed going  the boards for a show, actor, movies etc just to see what conversation was being had

Never posted once but yeah HUGE mistake on their part. That was a great place to read up on theories and what not. I'm not a fan of Reddit

theres way too much to sift through on reddit, i don't want to have to go to a board for Gunsmoke, a board for Tarantino, a different board for Scorsese

I saw the Scientology doc, it was kind of wack to be honest and I usually like Louis Theroux.  Going Clear is the one you want to watch

I've seen the Going Clear.
It was worthy.
David Miscaviage or whatever seems like a robot.
A soulless individual.

I thought the preview for the one ^ there looked a little more like a game or joke than a serious piece. Guess I'll catch it when I happen to get stuck on the Channel it's on.

Last edited:
a dogs purpose was a pure cash grab
two or three owners and he right back to the original owner 
laugh.gif
lion was just ok
the end was sad when they reunited
they shoulda showed the brothers death/realization it happened the same night

man just went to IMDB and noticed they closed down their message boards yesterday. I never posted there but I always enjoyed going  the boards for a show, actor, movies etc just to see what conversation was being had

Never posted once but yeah HUGE mistake on their part. That was a great place to read up on theories and what not. I'm not a fan of Reddit

I think lately they were suffering from the same thing as a lot of other boards, newly confident Trump supporters with weird opinions.

Looking forward to catching Arrival finally so I can catch up on the last several pages.

Saw Lego Batman yesterday and it delivered.... any and all Lego movies are must watches for me at this point. Loved all the Batman/superhero jokes throughout.

Finally watched Manchester by the Sea. Affleck and M. Williams were great, I just wasn't captivated by the story. Surprised by the universally high ratings. Movie was very drab.

Finally watched Manchester by the Sea. Affleck and M. Williams were great, I just wasn't captivated by the story. Surprised by the universally high ratings. Movie was very drab.

Agreed. The acting performances were outstanding, though so I can't even be mad at it.

imo hell or high water a snooze fest

the only good thing in it was the scene with the rattlesnake 
laugh.gif

i dont understand the point of jeff bridges being racist to his partner the whole movie just to get in feels when he got shot?

To me he was just cracking jokes with his partner. His partner had one or 2 comebacks but since he was the straight man he aint go in. He wasn't racist, they had that brotherly love. Thought that was obvious.

Chalk it up to Texan humor.

Last edited:

Fully agree with all of this. Acting is A+ but there isn't anything really captivating about the story (or he cinematography for that matter.). I just don't understand how it got a best picture nom for only having good performances. KUBO should have taken that spot.

I guess it reminds me of Bridge of Spies being nominated based on acting alone, but at least Spies had historical connotations to it ya know?

imo hell or high water a snooze fest

the only good thing in it was the scene with the rattlesnake 
laugh.gif

i dont understand the point of jeff bridges being racist to his partner the whole movie just to get in feels when he got shot?
 I looked at it as ball busting like friends do. You could tell they liked each other. 

Lethal Weapon got renewed for season 2 C CP1708 :smokin

I've been lurking a lot but I just wanted to mention I've agreed with all your thoughts on the show. It's been a really entertaining hour of weekly television.
Something with a lot of heart yet still light and easy to consume for casual viewing.

Really happy to hear the news :smokin

Exactly. Honors the films, but has its own identity as well. Not Emmy caliber or anything, but really fun each week.

Congrats on that. Even though I ain't catch an ep since the pilot. Thought it would get cancelled for sure.

Back
Top Bottom