Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

To my Sci Fi peeps. Is Humans any good? Want to see what's good before I buy the season.
it was not bad. a little more polished than the original show "real humans". i usually prefer to watch the foreign series when there's a US remake (except for the office). i don't think i'd pay actual money to watch it. can't you stream it or dl?

I didn't know the Crown was the story of the Current Queen Elizabeth.

I thought it was one of the others that had been covered plenty.

This series is Flames.

Netflix's most expensive project yet.

Netflix just keeps spending
pimp.gif
 Can't be good for subscribers though, 6.99 won't fly much longer.

the-crown.jpg
QFE

love The Crown

an 8/8 stud of a show

To my Sci Fi peeps. Is Humans any good? Want to see what's good before I buy the season.
it was not bad. a little more polished than the original show "real humans". i usually prefer to watch the foreign series when there's a US remake (except for the office). i don't think i'd pay actual money to watch it. can't you stream it or dl?

I like the video quality to be good when I watch on tv

Normally I'd watch on Netflix but it's not there

Last edited:
Yo Donald Glover was just announced to be Simba in the upcoming live action Lion king movie :wow:
What a look man. Especially after the Star Wars role too :wow:

Gambino racking up W's :pimp:

you can dl the series in 1080p.
won't be as good as if you bought the bluray though.
i watch most everything on my comp at work so i'm not too picky.

The thing I find with most shows (excluding Network TV) is that if I can just get started, and through the first episode I can find the show enjoyable and likely finish it, or a Season anyway.

The Pope though, I just can't do it.
When it comes to Catholicism it subconsciously gives me an eery pervert pedo creeper vibe.
I can't see a Pope or a Borgia type being and not be like "gross".

No need to go into details.
I'll leave it at that.
Hard Pass too because I'm a big Jude fan.

Last edited:
Gotta check those prejudices and predispositions at the door man.

Later on in the series they focus on a pedophile preist fyi.

Young Pope is just too great of a series. Jude is flourishing with this character.

Endless props to Paolo Sorrentino. Can't wait for S2. Wish there were more eps too.

Gotta check those prejudices and predispositions at the door man.

Later on in the series they focus on a pedophile preist fyi.

Young Pope is just too great of a series. Jude is flourishing with this character.

Endless props to Paolo Sorrentino. Can't wait for S2. Wish there were more eps too.
You lost me at "plebian" and "things you don't understand".

Enjoy it.

Don't get sideways because I choose not to partake.

WOW. Arrival was waaaaay better than I thought!

10 out of 8!!

When it dawned on me what was going on :wow:

Last edited:
No lol I really thought it was good

A+

And the best part was that it was a nice ending. These intellectual ish movies usually end in a bittersweet manner.

The whole movie I was kinda prepared for a crap ending.

Last edited:
Zik if you like it watch it.
I already finished it last week.

Great series and like I said can't wait for s2.

I will remain limited.
I figured as much. I wasn't trying to convince you to watch it.

A+

And the best part was that it was a nice ending. These intellectual ish movies usually end in a bittersweet manner.

The whole movie I was kinda prepared for a crap ending.
Typical scumbag Steve supporter. How is it a nice ending when she knows she's eventually going to have a daughter that will die? And she tells her husband after they have the kid his daughter is gonna die and that leads to a divorce and Hawkeye barely being in either of their lives? :lol: :smh:

Whole movie has an underlying sadness to it to counter the triumphant hope of cracking the alien language code. Definitely is bittersweet specifically cuz the twist reveals those daughter scenes weren't flashbacks but flashforwards.

A+

Yea it's pretty good stuff.

The whole time not being linear thing is what makes everything so intriguing.

Like there are several parts during the movie where you ask yourself why is that, and then the ending pieces everything together.

When she's telling her daughter that her husband left her because she told him something that made him very angry. 
eek.gif

Or when she comes back from the pod towards the end where the Heplatods just explained to her what they want and shes at the truck door by Renners character and she says "now I know why my husband left me" and he's like, "you were married?"

Like the whole time we are watching it and thinking everything is happening in succession, or that it's linear, but we don't realize that it's all happening at once, kind of.

In the beginning even,( and this was mentioned in that video Dangerous G posted last night) when she's walking to class at school and gives the lecture, and then they find out about the arrival, well after the beginning scene with her daughter, I automatically assume that scene at the school is after that event, but it's not.

I definitely will watch it again soon, I want to put the whole timeline together in my head, and get a clearer picture of what has actually happened, and what hasn't.

There is still so much that I feel like I haven't seen.

It's such a sweet piece though.

Very well done.

Last edited:
Well Zik, it's a nice ending in the sense that at the beginning I thought the flashbacks were flashbacks and the best part of her life was behind her. But that assumption was wrong. They were really flash forwards.

I understand that she has sad things coming for her in the future but she has good things coming for her too. Memories that she will make with her husband and kid. It would've been way sadder if all the scenes were flashbacks and there was nothing at all to look forward to.

Also I love how at the end of the movie it says Arrival instead of The End

And love how the aliens communicate in different variations of circles

Symbolic for how they see life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom