Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

yeah man. sounds like you're in a personal time and space that was real conducive to the feel of this movie. i guess i am also. and yes, the sound was fantastic. glad i saw it in the theater.

I think what made Arrival great to me was it was a nice change for an alien movie. Also it's nice when movies unexpectedly give you da feels (sadness, anger).

Finally caught Passengers the other night.  What are you guys' thoughts on it?  I am very curious.

Finally caught Passengers the other night.  What are you guys' thoughts on it?  I am very curious.
Garbage.

That script was in Hollywood hell for years before it finally miraculously got through (probably off of Jennifer Lawrence + Chris Pratt combo).

:pimp: :pimp:
I'm trying to figure out how to get my girl to watch Wick with me on Valentine's Day instead of fifty shades. I would have no probes watching it by myself but I hate the wait.

Did you tell her that Fifty Shades is supposed to be comically terrible? That might help.

My girl knows its gonna be bad and still wants to see it. :stoneface:

This :lol: she don't care, watches real housewives of Atlanta and keeping up with the Kardashian's, you can't tell her nothing

Last edited:
It's that brand of bored suburban housewife safe kinky freak sex. Instead of paying for that crap movie women could just get on google for the good stuff.

I hope you guys who're taking your ladies to see 50 Shades are doing those same kinky things with your ladies irl.

Last edited:
i thought it was an enjoyable waste of time. it wasn't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but it was a passable entertainment package worth the price of a bag of popcorn. if you don't like plot holes, avoid this at all costs :lol:

what was so good about arrival? 
nerd.gif
repped 
eek.gif

i thought it was an enjoyable waste of time. it wasn't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but it was a passable entertainment package worth the price of a bag of popcorn. if you don't like plot holes, avoid this at all costs
laugh.gif
Garbage.

That script was in Hollywood hell for years before it finally miraculously got through (probably off of Jennifer Lawrence + Chris Pratt combo).
It was complete trash imo
I was really excited to see this movie.  I thought (and actually still do think) that the premise of this movie was amazing.  I just think nothing really happened.  I thought that there should have been more to it (i.e. a reason CP woke up, a crazy twist, be a ton of action, etc.).

I wish I would have read reviews before I watched it.  I was actually incredibly excited to see this movie.  One of the bigger let downs that I can remember.

The fact that I saw Tarzan this weekend, and thought it was exponentially better than Passengers says all that needs to be said.

:pimp: :pimp:
I'm trying to figure out how to get my girl to watch Wick with me on Valentine's Day instead of fifty shades. I would have no probes watching it by myself but I hate the wait.

That's a credit line you gotta start building up months in advance, sir. :lol:

This :lol: she don't care, watches real housewives of Atlanta and keeping up with the Kardashian's, you can't tell her nothing

That's funny. My wife religiously watches all the Real Housewife shows -- ALL. OF. THEM. -- and read all the 50 Shades books, but has had no interest in the 50 Shades movies for whatever reasons. And if she did, when you been married as long as I have, I could tell her to go see it by herself with no reservations whatsoever.

I rewatched House Party 3 just now. Forgot how dope the cast is.. super underrated 90s hip hop movie

Kid N Play
Bernie Mac
TLC
Immature
Chris Tucker
Damn Gina

Last edited:
I rewatched House Party 3 just now. Forgot how dope the cast is.. super underrated 90s hip hop movie

Kid N Play
Bernie Mac
TLC
Immature
Chris Tucker
Damn Gina

Eddie Griffin
Joe Torry
AJ Johnson
Angela "Bye Felicia" Means
Kellita Smith :pimp:

They messed up by making the sequel a little too cartoonish. I always put 3 over part 2 because of that. "Kid" and "Sydney" belong together, though. Everybody knows that lol. So many careers blew up after these House Party movies.

^^^ I've played ball against both Kid and Joe Torry. They both think they're better than they actually are and are ***** on the court. Still like the House Party movies though.

Finally caught Manchester by the Sea and the movie was sad af. Not sure if I'd call it movie of the year but it's definitely up there.

Back
Top Bottom