Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Master Zik Master Zik

I was soooooo disappointed with Crimson peak. My expectations were through the roof and I was severely let down. I agree the visuals are off the chain though. I think I rated it a 4.6/8
Agreed, was very disappointed with Crimson Peak. I felt like the was decent, it's just the execution sucked. The preview and beginning looked so damn promising. I felt like they were all over the place and couldn't quite establish a gripping atmosphere consistently. At times it was gory and callous, other times it conveying more mystery, and they sprinkled some jump scares every now and then. I didn't even care about the main characters at the end either because there was so many directions that film was going it, it never felt grounded and the film didn't portray any emotions convincingly.

Arrival is the best Film I have ever watched.

How brilliant.

None of it was making sense, but when it came together, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I was moved.

It opens the mind to such possibilities, opens my mind to more, opened it more.

[emoji]128566[/emoji]

I'm blown away.

8/8

JW2 delivered :pimp: I want to say Fishburne wasn't necessary but I'm sure he'll be apart of the Chapter 3/Wick world in general.

How brilliant.

None of it was making sense, but when it came together, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I was moved.

[emoji]128566[/emoji]

I'm blown away.

8/8

raw

Don't read if you haven't seen John Wick 2 yet........

I wish only one thing, when the texts went out, I would have loved to have seen a couple say "**** that" and thrown their phones away, to go along with the Boogeyman fear factor his name should carry. Not every hitman should want a piece of him like that. Some of them gotta know it ain't worth dyin over.

I can't wait for 3. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:rofl: that would have been a great after credit cameo worthy scene.

for those who have seen john wick 2, has any franchise set up a subsequent movie better?
Now you got me forgetting. There was some movie everybody was raving about how impressive It was the sequel was better than the first installment.

Maybe back to the future movies.. but this had a conclusion to this film and the 3rd film will be the natural consequences from this film

Just trying think of a franchise that handled that transition so well.. where you feel that satisfied with the ending of the film leading to another film

Also, completely agree with what CP said.. wanted some of the assassins to just put down their phone and say they don't want those problems.. or have a couple who have their own problems with the structure

Yeah I can see loads of older hitman like nah cause they know what he can do but them young cats trying to make names for themselves. The Assassin that killed the Boogeyman...

Still not worth it in my eyes. Let Old Age get Wick.

Also would have been funny for one of the young dudes 'tried to shoot his shot' and just shrugged when things didn't work out and say "it's 7 mill, had to try.. nothing personal"

Last edited:
Thing is, I mentioned it once already, but you can see the connection. The Common/Wick silenced shootout, to me, is a nod to Assassins.

In that, Robert Rath is the man, and Banderas wants to be next. There's your angle of young fella wants the crown from the King. So they could play that in the 3rd film, but just like Dafoe, there has to be an ally or two in there that respect John, and want to be on his side. Guys that don't want the 7 mil, they want to help John. (the cop? :nerd: )

There's a million ways you could go now with what they have shown us. Every church goin old lady down the street with a nextel got a silencer in her bag ready for that communication. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean what would cops really do? :lol:

This bamma had a whole park ready to put in work just by him giving the ok.

Edit? How do you spoiler again? don't want to be disrespectful to those that haven't seen it.

And one person I talked to used the "the second one seemed forced bs" I'm like "how"? **** was fluid from 1 to 2 imo. You can't just be doing things in that world expecting nothing to happen.

I tell you one thing. Wick put in that work. It seems the older guys know not to **** with him. But the guys a little younger ready to shoot their shot.

Last edited:
Might have to unsubscribe for a few days with all the Wick talk.

Usually I don't mind spoilers but on a film like this, I don't want to watch it mentally before visually

Might have to unsubscribe for a few days with all the Wick talk.

Usually I don't mind spoilers but on a film like this, I don't want to watch it mentally before visually

To be fair, this ain't an M. Night Shyamalan movie with twists :lol:

You know what you're gonna get from this movie and it nails it perfectly. There's really nothing to spoil, especially if you've seen the first one.

xXx: Return of Xander Cage was exactly what I expected. 5.7/8. It's so bad, felt like I was watching FF lite sometimes, especially the end of the climax; get the girl and talk with Cube. Corny action hero lines abundant.

Want me some Ruby Rose, Nina Dobrev, and Deepika Padukone :evil:

The Founder was fantastic. 7.6/8. Keaton was great. Offerman and Lynch did their thing as the McDonald brothers. Everybody else (Dern, Cardelini, Wilson, etc.) was serviceable. B.J. Novak as the new lawyer :lol:

This story was really good. Typical American success story that didn't dress it up and put any revisionist retelling on it. On one hand, I completely agree with Kroc in trying to make this a national success but he clearly in the end snakes these dudes. The taking of their name and balking on the handshake agreement for royalties was ****** up. Same with constantly lying about the origins. In the end it was two different dreams, **** wanted some wholesome efficient place to eat for families while Ray wanted that but also wanted to make a huge profit and figured a way by cutting on quality to do it. Can't knock that hustle.

I enjoyed Sausage Party for what it was, I don't know what yall who hated it are talking about. Wasn't hilarious but entertaining. 5.8/8. I enjoyed it up until the food orgy :x :rofl: That was a bit too far but then they just jumped the shark with the whole semi-break the 4th wall we're cartoons let's go to another dimension and stop Seth Rogan ending :lol: :smh:

I'm sure this movie is even better if you watch it high.

Last edited:

How brilliant.

I was moved.

[emoji]128566[/emoji]

I'm blown away.

8/8

raw
:lol: Word.

I thought it was good but not as amazing some are saying. Nothing to have that type of reaction with that twist.

Just a heartfelt sci-fi flick about a mother and some hard to communicate with aliens.

can't wait for billions and silicon valley to come back on. the only show i'm watching weekly is taboo. gonna give legion a look and maybe try sneaky pete. any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom