Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Will Smith is getting older, man. It might not be in his nature anymore to always be "on". He'll always get his respect, but going the predictable route every time gets old real quick. He's seen the game go through so many phases.

Didn't Will pretty much put his career on hold to focus on his kids careers?

His streak from 2002-2008 is a pretty goat-tier movie star run. Carrying everything from action blockbusters, romantic comedies, and dramas to $100-200m easy. Then he took four years off and followed it up with MIB3 and After Earth :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Will Smith is getting older, man. It might not be in his nature anymore to always be "on". He'll always get his respect, but going the predictable route every time gets old real quick. He's seen the game go through so many phases.

His career reminds me a lot of eddy murphy's. Besides the rapping part, they both got started in comedy, then got big breaks in action comedies, followed by more succussful comedies. A string of a couple flops, now you don't remember how long ago they were in a good movie but they are still a HUGE name and always going to be considered a box office draw.

I'll tell you what though. You won't find someone who hated suicide squad more than me, but that being said, Will killed that role and I would totally watch another dead shot will with a different director.

Last thing I liked from Eddie Murphy was daddy daycare. Low key good movie

Eddie Murphy is no longer a box office draw.

What separates Will is all of his sci-fi and action flicks. Should've never stopped doing those. Should've got attached to some franchise adapting books or comics or something.

I put Tom Cruise and Smith in the same category of actors. if all their roles switched places (except bad boys obviously) pretty sure we'd get the same opinions about them. for me at least
ohwell.gif

Eddie must be a different kind of dude. Got raves for his performance in Dreamgirls and really made no effort to capitalize on it by doing some more dramatic roles. Just went right back to doing his broad comedies. Like, I think his next movie after Dreamgirls was Norbit.

he's fantastic in sci-fi/action roles and he's great in other dramatic roles too. he hams it up a little too much sometimes but he could pretty much step into the biggest roles of matt damon or tom cruise and kill it.

edit: M4rioL was thinking the same thing :lol:

Last edited:
I put Tom Cruise and Smith in the same category of actors. if all their roles switched places (except bad boys obviously) pretty sure we'd get the same opinions about them. for me at least:\

no, just no.

Eddie Murphy is no longer a box office draw.

What separates Will is all of his sci-fi and action flicks. Should've never stopped doing those. Should've got attached to some franchise adapting books or comics or something.

I agree Eddie proves that he's not a draw anymore but simply a big name. That's where it seems Will is headed though once he reaches the same age as Eddie. And yeah Eddie really missed the boat with sci-fi. Meet Dave and pluto Nash yikes. Hopefully he never goes that rout but it only takes 1 huge box office flop before you're getting those permanently

Last edited:
I put Tom Cruise and Smith in the same category of actors. if all their roles switched places (except bad boys obviously) pretty sure we'd get the same opinions about them. for me at least:\
Hmmmm

Obviously Tom aint doing Ali :lol: He don't got that charisma

I'm trying to picture Will in MI. A bit of a stretch but it could work. Tom has owned that role so much since. I see him hamming it up in Edge of Tomorrow. His Jack Reacher wouldn't be good or that vampire flick.

Tom isn't funny enough to be as good as Will in MiB. A different kind of funny sometimes but nowhere as good. Would like to see Tom do a Hancock. I know he could do a 7 Pounds type flick and easily do Independence Day, Enemy of the State, I, Robot, and I Am Legend.

Pursuit is a stretch for Tom. Eyes Wide Shut and Born on the 4th of July is the exact kind of movies I would've loved to see Will do after 6 Degrees of Separation. Will could do Jerry Maguire and Collateral.

Anybody could've done War of the Worlds or After Earth.

It works with some movies but not all.

If anything now I want to see Will and Tom do a movie together.

Last edited:
Took my son to see The Lego Batman Movie..Easily a 6.5-7/8..It was really funny and had some smart jokes in it..Kinda dragged a little towards the end and was pretty predictable..

John Wick :wow:

The Pope son. The damn Pope. :lol:

What an incredible world. That is how you do a sequel, same, but elevated. Layered.

Please God let them keep going.

How they gonna have a Chips movie and it doesn't have wilmer valderrama?

Last edited:
Hmmmm

Obviously Tom aint doing Ali :lol: He don't got that charisma

I'm trying to picture Will in MI. A bit of a stretch but it could work. Tom has owned that role so much since. I see him hamming it up in Edge of Tomorrow. His Jack Reacher wouldn't be good or that vampire flick.

Tom isn't funny enough to be as good as Will in MiB. A different kind of funny sometimes but nowhere as good. Would like to see Tom do a Hancock. I know he could do a 7 Pounds type flick and easily do Independence Day, Enemy of the State, I, Robot, and I Am Legend.

Pursuit is a stretch for Tom. Eyes Wide Shut and Born on the 4th of July is the exact kind of movies I would've loved to see Will do after 6 Degrees of Separation. Will could do Jerry Maguire and Collateral.

Anybody could've done War of the Worlds or After Earth.

It works with some movies but not all.

If anything now I want to see Will and Tom do a movie together.

For a minute Will was ths guy that was taking roles that usually would have went to Tom or another white actor. Hell while Will has been in some clunkers hes taking Waaay more dramatic roles than Tom has in the last 10 years.

But yeah I Am Legend in the 90s would have been Tom Cruise, same with I Robot.

Will is still money he's just picking the wrong movies :lol: a movie with Edward Norton, Kate Winslet and Helen Miren probably sounds fire on paper :lol:, just didn't happen once the cameras start rolling

Wooooow I had never even heard of that movie, I googled it and it LOOKS fire. It got pretty bad reviews what the hell?

It's crazy though with that cast of Norton, Will, Mirren, winslet, and Kiera knightley, the budget was only 30mil. That means they spent ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on marketing. Must have known it wouldn't put meat in the seats.

Production budget does not usually include advertising money. They're usually kept separate.

Ahhhh good point, marketing is usually included within post-production numbers. Still crazy to me to sign all those actors and still have a budget of only 30 mill. Will earned 20mill alone just for playing dead shot.

I guess that could be considered like a salary based on estimated revenue though kinda like how it's okay to pay nick Saban 6 million a year to coach football but Alabamas head women's bball coach only makes in the 200k range.

Wooooow I had never even heard of that movie, I googled it and it LOOKS fire. It got pretty bad reviews what the hell?

It's crazy though with that cast of Norton, Will, Mirren, winslet, and Kiera knightley, the budget was only 30mil. That means they spent ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on marketing. Must have known it wouldn't put meat in the seats.
It's just another sappy dramatic movie about loss but with a real fantastical twist. The concept reminded me of Meeting Joe Black.

Nobody flocks to be depressed. So the other option is getting praised. See Manchester By The Sea.

The rule is yo spe
It's just another sappy dramatic movie about loss but with a real fantastical twist. The concept reminded me of Meeting Joe Black.

Nobody flocks to be depressed. So the other option is getting praised. See Manchester By The Sea.

Cold part is the trailers straight lied to people that's not what the movie is about at all :rofl:

It's actually ****** up when you break it down will got **** as hell friends in that movie :lol:

Back
Top Bottom