Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

watched hidden figures. it was a really well done movie. acting was great. enjoyed it for the most part but i spent much of the time being angry while watching it. angry at the racism in the past, angry that we're supposed to feel good when the white hero rescues black people from poor treatment, angry that it wasn't even long ago when these conditions existed, angry that we really haven't come THAT far, and angry that the current administration looks to be taking us backwards. that being said, i'm glad they made the movie and i hope plenty of people watch it. i'll definitely have them show it to the clients here at the rehab i work at.

watched passengers today. it's not that bad of a movie
laugh.gif
the acting was good for what it was. plot elements were wayyyy too convenient more than a few times in the movie but i actually didn't hate it. 5.2/8
Reasons I don't need to watch it.

I've seen this premise before. 

While I wouldn't mind being privy to this information, I'd rather read about it on my accord (since it wasn't taught in Grade School) then some Film by .......yea nevermind, no interest in watching this ever.

My Father and Mother are going to love it though.
I think it was Pharrell on Charlamgne's radio interview where they said that the part of Costner standing up for them at one point about the bathroom situation was all Henson's character doing in real life. I still haven't seen the movie so I don't know exactly how it was setup plot wise or whatever.

That **** never happened :lol:

Henson's character is fictional. Costner's is as well but a mix of 3 real supervisors.

saw split yesterday , amazing man. i honestly have no faults with it. absolutely amazing flick.also saw resident evil , meh. 1 and 2 were foke , the rest i could do without

I wonder how many would still praise Split if it were not for the last second twist :nerd:

It's a solid movie, but the kind of praise it's been getting has been surprising.

Last edited:
I wonder how many would still praise Split if it were not for the last second twist :nerd:

It's a solid movie, but the kind of praise it's been getting has been surprising.

Well, people love a comeback story and ain't no director needed a come back more than M. Night ...

Quentin is such a dumbass. He should've been the one to die. The entire time she's risking her life saving your pathetic *** and you got the beast in your back and won't release it :smh: Wait until she goes bad and kill her :stoneface:

It's hard for me to say because I can't look past how shocked I was with the first one.

I knew nothing about John Wick and assumed it was going to suck, so I went to see by myself randomly on a day off from work. I was blown away with how fun that movie was, so I just have this affinity toward it based on that initially surprise.

This one is is just as fun, but you get toooons more world building. There is no explanations behind this world which I like and man it's a bit complicated. After this movie I could legit see a TV series based on the John Wick Universe. There so many places it could go.

Still some of the best action scenes going today. John faded more fools with his hands too. Some people were lightweight hanging with him too in some scenes. It's like we're in a later level of the game and the bosses are getting harder to beat

I do think he killed less people in this one :lol:

Lawerence Fishburne wasn't necessary though, I didn't like his whole scene when it was over it was like we didn't need that at all

Overall is was fun as hell I was watching hoping it didn't end

Common Got hands

I wish I could marry ruby rose

You need to have seen the first one, as this movie picks directly after the end of the first. Plus they reference it throughout.

I need a breakdown of the coins cause the values are crazy. One gold coin gets John a room at the Continental, but that same coin gets him a shot of Hen at the bar? Nah man ima need to see the menu for that ****.

The original Django is in the movie.

That's what I'm excited about. That underworld of hit men. Another thing im exited about and one of the reasons for the success of the 1st one is obviously the first class fight choreography. The lame new trend of excess CGI and rediculously impossible fight moves is abandoned in Wick. Just old school fight choreography and stunts executed to perfection. The double taps and head shots :pimp:

In the first one when Keanu tried to tackle dude and head shot him and he put his arm up, so Keanu roundhoused again and then double tapped him was just :wow: :x

In the first one when Keanu tried to tackle dude and head shot him and he put his arm up, so Keanu roundhoused again and then double tapped him was just :wow: :x

This. Or the buff dude in the pool :wow:

I think that one was like chest chest head, lights out.

That's what I'm excited about. That underworld of hit men. Another thing im exited about and one of the reasons for the success of the 1st one is obviously the first class fight choreography. The lame new trend of excess CGI and rediculously impossible fight moves is abandoned in Wick. Just old school fight choreography and stunts executed to perfection. The double taps and head shots :pimp:

Yeah in this one has more hit men after him so his fights are tougher.

The best comparison from John Wick to John Wick 2 is The Raid to The Raid 2. Just building on what they did right in the first and making the world bigger and more robust.

Pepper Potts is hot.

Gwenyth I don't really care for usually but Pepper, man Pepper is the goods.

Back
Top Bottom